Home

Other point n clicks

Brighteyes

Not sure why i've never thought of this before, maybe cos i'm a little bit special (mum always said i was) but did or do any of you play any other 2d point n clicks other than the obvious MI, Purple T, SamnMax?

Me i played:

Simon the Sorcerer (currently on the 3d one and awaiting numero 4)

Broken Sword series

Discworld 1 and 2

Unfortunatley they have all become these crazy 3d things and strayed away from those gorgeous hand painted backgrounds and the use of a mouse.

Didn't you love the power........hhhhmmmm i want him to go there! *CLICK* YES! 2D Monkey bend to my will Mwahahaha!

Now you use the keyboard usually, i don't like that much.

Actually just completed simon 3 and to get to the bad guys lair you had to get in a delivery crate, your simon then states that this puzzle is an obvious rip off of MI 2. At the end of the game he and a monster you meet in the game start dancng on a black screen to plinky plonky music.

The great thing about this is that the developers are willing to use awesome ideas but advertise the fact they stole them from a game that influenced their game.

Actually just completed simon 3 and to get to the bad guys lair you had to get in a delivery crate, your simon then states that this puzzle is an obvious rip off of MI 2. At the end of the game he and a monster you meet in the game start dancng on a black screen to plinky plonky music.

The great thing about this is that the developers are willing to use awesome ideas but advertise the fact they stole them from a game that influenced their game.

I couldn't stand simon 3. The first two gave you a choice of exactly how obnoxious you wanted simon to be (hell, you could, if you wanted to, spend the entire game being downright charitable). but in Simon three, I just really didn't like him as a character at all, he was obnoxious, annoying and selfish which may be appealing to some but just got on my nerves. The controls and loading times also got on my nerves as well as all the running you had to do to get to places and do things. I really only played up until I got across that bridge and then just stopped playing, uninstalled the game and either sold it off or took it back (back in the days when game shops were willing to take back games that people simply didn't want).

Completely understand your point Joshi, hes a right tosser! Gotta admit though after the bridge the game gets better, theres some pretty funny bits. Ah well STS 4 looks ok, gonna be made by germans apparently??

Just given up on 2d's for a while and loving Square Enix's Dragon Quest.

There was just a nice chilled out, Gothic, eerie yet geeky atmosphere to STS 1. And my hat off to the composer, he's awesome; everyone of the games i've loved the music. Before i got me PS2 back recently i started Legend of Kyrandia - now theres an oldie.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just replayed "Beyond Good and Evil" for the nth time today (well, today and yesterday, once you've played it enough times you realise it only takes a few hours to complete), I managed to get all but 2 pearls (stupic disc game which reminds me almost of air hockey) and a snapshot of every single species of creature (all 56 of em).

This of course means nothing to those of you who've never played it, but BGE is an awesome platform adventure game which for the most part is like a decent point in click except for the lack of pointing and clicking. If you guys can get your hands on it you'd really enjoy it.

Holy guacamole! Theres a fourth!? Man i really do have a life now. Sod it.

The website looks good, story line sounds like a dan brown novel but the graphics look like a mix between GTA and Sims (not a fa).

Ah well, gotta complete the set i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived