Home

So what is Naga Sadow's tomb doing on Korriban?

Sir Vougalot

Actually, we don't know that he did, since Naga Sadow's final fate is shrouded in mystery.

All we know is that he somehow trained Freedon Nadd almost 600 years after his failed invasion of the republic during the Great Hyperspace War. How he managed that feat is unknown.

As for his tomb, I would suspect that subsequent Sith decided to revere him as one of the great Sith of history and brought his body back tot he graveyard world of Korriban to rest with the other dark lords. But we really don't know that either.

It's not unheard of for rulers to have their tombs built in advance. That probably was the case with Sadow, though I can't guess why he'd bother himself with that when the Great Hyperspace War was going on.

@Jediphile, Sadow put himself into a coma until any Force-sensitives discovered him. When he met Freedon Nadd he had just enoug life left to train him.

You know, there's not an actual sarcophagus in there. ;)

That always irritated me. It may not actually be a tomb, more like a memorial. But at the same time they called it a tomb. It did not make sense for there not to be a sarcophagus in it when there were in all the other tombs, including that of Ludo Kresh in KOTOR II.

That always irritated me. It may not actually be a tomb, more like a memorial. But at the same time they called it a tomb. It did not make sense for there not to be a sarcophagus in it when there were in all the other tombs, including that of Ludo Kresh in KOTOR II.

Techincally, if you die, and if you have enough Force, you turn into a Force Ghost.

So, maybe Naga Sadow was planning on heading over to that tomb, once he died, and then stay there, maybe haunting and scaring nearby Sith kids who dare enter that tomb. Of course, the Great Hyperspace War sort of put a stop to that plan.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a wild thought: maybe it was just different writers not checking with each other?

ROFL!!!!! Now who's talking crazy?? That's just ridiculous!

Just kidding.

Of course that's what happened. We're more just interested in trying to reach a rational explanation for this based on the continuity of the Star Wars universe. It's fun, but not taken too seriously (well...at least not too seriously by me.)

True, not sarcophagus. I wondered that at the time when I played KOTOR 1. I think it might just have been something that was put there by the Sith Academy, in which only the academy praetor knows for certain.

That seems just proposital. They wanted, as ssaid above, that would be just some kind of memorial. They wanted to keep his fate unknown.

Of course Jimbo Fett 66 is truly correct. I think the makers of KOTOR didn't really follow Star Wars continuity perfectly. Still with that said it was one heck of a great game and superb storyline.

Now that I think about it, if explained by Lucas, I wouldn't be surprised if he said that the tomb of Naga Sadow on Korriban was fake. Think about it. Obviously that structure was there long before the Sith even existed. The star map was placed there by the Infinite Empire before the formation of the Republic, or the first Jedi Schism. However the Star Forge and the star maps are dark side nexuses. Furthermore the chamber clearly doesn't function as a burial chamber. I theorize that Naga Sadow's tomb on Korrban was actually never really his tomb. Instead it was only rumored to be in order to conceal it's real purpose.

Of course that's purely conjecture

It's not unheard of for rulers to have their tombs built in advance. That probably was the case with Sadow, though I can't guess why he'd bother himself with that when the Great Hyperspace War was going on.

Your right,

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow%27s_Tomb

although he wasn't "THE" Dark Lord of the Sith at the onset of the war, he was a Sith Lord and Master of his own army, I would of thought all Sith had a Tomb built at that time.

Where a person dies isn't as important as where they are buried in this case. Now I'm a little rusty on that part of EU, but I thought Naga Sadow was buried on Yavin 4. I think that since there was no actual burial chamber in Naga Sadow's tomb on Korriban, that the tomb itself was false. Instead it was originally a temple (or other type of structure) that the Infinite Empire put there to house the star map. Since it was rich with dark side power the Sith were attracted to that spot. Heck, maybe even Naga Sadow himself demanded to have it named in his honor. That's what Pharaoh Ramesees II did with many ancient Egyptian structures that were made hundreds of years before his birth. Also wasn't the tomb right next to Marka Ragnos' tomb? Josef Stalin ordered that be buried next to Lenin in the USSR. However some time after his burial, opponents exumed his body and buried him elsewhere.

Still I don't think Sadow was ever buried on Korriban. It was just a front for the real secret there. Revan and Malak knew the truth of the star map (having found the one on Dantooine) and sought the powerful dark side weapon called the Star Forge.

although he wasn't "THE" Dark Lord of the Sith at the onset of the war, he was a Sith Lord and Master of his own army, I would of thought all Sith had a Tomb built at that time.

He actually was "The" Dark Lord of the Sith, albeit very briefly. Following Ragnos' death Sadow was crowned the Dark Lord. Kresshh only became the new one after he went off to invade the Republic.

Where a person dies isn't as important as where they are buried in this case. Now I'm a little rusty on that part of EU, but I thought Naga Sadow was buried on Yavin 4.

He was, but he'd intended on being buried on Korriban. It actually wasn't very rare for Dark Lords/Egyptian pharaohs to have their tombs designed and built before they died. That way you can have the funeral almost immediately after the death without having to wait for a tomb to be constructed (and it gives the future occupant more choice as to what they want the tomb to be like).

He actually was "The" Dark Lord of the Sith.

I Know, but he wasn't when he started the War ie "The onset of the War" ?! Kresh Realized Sadows deception before he left sith space, and united the other sith lords against Sadow, He defeated them then followed Jori back to the Republic and attacked them = Sadow was an exile when he attacked Koros Major.

I Know, but he wasn't when he started the War ie "The onset of the War" ?! Kresh Realized Sadows deception before he left sith space, and united the other sith lords against Sadow, He defeated them then followed Jori back to the Republic and attacked them = Sadow was an exile when he attacked Koros Major.

Actually, Sadow was dark lord when the war started. He used the arrival of the Darigons to infer an invasion from the Republic so that he could take the position of dark lord himself, and he succeeded too. When Kressh tried to rebel, Sadow killed him, or so it was thought. Then Sadow invaded the Republic, and Kressh - who had faked his apparent death - usurped his throne and title as dark lord while Sadow was away at war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War

^^^

Meh, It was more of a statement regarding Emperor Devon Not reading the post properly and assuming I didn't Know that Sadow was The Dark Lord.

Actually, Sadow was dark lord when the war started. He used the arrival of the Darigons to infer an invasion from the Republic so that he could take the position of dark lord himself, and he succeeded too. When Kressh tried to rebel, Sadow killed him, or so it was thought. Then Sadow invaded the Republic, and Kressh - who had faked his apparent death - usurped his throne and title as dark lord while Sadow was away at war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War

I've also Read wookieepedia and the comics and the essential Chronology Etc etc.. I Just believe that Sadow..... Bored now, you win!

Meh, It was more of a statement regarding Emperor Devon Not reading the post properly and assuming I didn't Know that Sadow was The Dark Lord.

I was addressing when you thought Sadow was the sole Dark Lord. As Jediphile and I have stated, there was a brief period when he was (the start of the war, and shortly before it).

I was addressing when you thought Sadow was the sole Dark Lord. As Jediphile and I have stated, there was a brief period when he was (the start of the war, and shortly before it).

I own all the books he's ever been in, (sorry if that sounds a bit childish) it's just my take on what I read, My original post was to back up your previous post, the Conjectural comment on his chronological Lordship was directed at someone else,

I would of left it at that, but I mention a character and out come the wookieepedians trying to make me look like I'm some EU noob.

I never said he wasn't the dark lord immediately before the war, I agree with what you "stated", I just took it that, in supposedly killing Kressh and going to war he would no longer be the Dark Lord in the rest of the empires eyes, I suppose I did Write it like it was fact but its just my opinion.

I would of left it at that, but I mention a character and out come the wookieepedians trying to make me look like I'm some EU noob.

I apologize if I gave you that impression. I merely said what I said in order to point out the facts of the matter, and I'm actually fairly certain the same goes for ED. Besides, I already knew you're not a noob.

I apologize if I gave you that impression. I merely said what I said in order to point out the facts of the matter, and I'm actually fairly certain the same goes for ED. Besides, I already knew you're not a noob.

Your right to do so, I'm just acting a like a kid because you caught me out! Besides I should know this stuff, I read the Damn things often enough.

what were we talkin about again? :D

Of course Sith Lords built their own tombs. What kind of Sith would build a monument to someone else?

Also, his "tomb" on korriban may not have actually bee his tomb. The building and the Star Map were obviously there long before, he could have taken over and converted it into his own monument place, not even intending to ever be buried there. But since he's a long dead Sith lord, and he has this big mausoleum in a valley filled with Sith lord Tombs, they just called it his tomb.

• 2 months later...
@Jediphile, Sadow put himself into a coma until any Force-sensitives discovered him. When he met Freedon Nadd he had just enoug life left to train him.

Freedon Nadd killed him, it was Exar Kun that had the force sensitive part.

he took over one of Luke Skywalkers students it says so in wookiepedia

Archived