Home

What do you MEAN I'm not going to die?

Would hate to get caught in that one :(.

I think he's at least entitled to something. A diagnosis of death is not something to be taken lightly, condisering how easily it can influence people.

Edit:

Sabre, I decided to take the moral high route of sympathy or whatever...

...but you are 100% correct :(

PT Barnum comes to mind......

Amazing, though, that he wouldn't seek to get a second or third opinion before burning up his finances like that. Not really sure how I'd handle that as a judge, b/c I don't believe you can be sued for diagnosing someone as terminal (unless you're the ONLY doctor around for hundreds of miles or something). Well, a fool and his money are once again parted........

I'm really sorry for him. But maybe this served as a lesson that life is more valuable than money? Nah, probably not.

[qouote]Getting another opinion before spending your life savings is advisable. Not saying I would do the exact same thing, but I’d get another opinion or two first.

According to the hospital, there's no way they could've diagnosed him differently based on the information they had. This was found in an inquiry following his protests. It actually says so in the article, too (last paragraph). So no, a second opinion would not have worked.

And I know I would've done the same thing. Nah, wait, I'd probably not. I'd keep going to school, keep being with friends, and so on. But I'd have been sure to visit Taiwan, try parachuting once... you know, things one wants to do once in his life.

According to the hospital, there's no way they could've diagnosed him differently based on the information they had. This was found in an inquiry following his protests. It actually says so in the article, too (last paragraph). So no, a second opinion would not have worked.

Actually, probraly would have. After all, this is the exact same hosptial who mistaken inflammation for a cancer in the panceras. Maybe they made a huge mistake and just covering themselves in prepartion for legation, because they really don't want to pay.

Can't wait for the lawsuits.

Archived