Home

Star Forge banner displays in Mandalorian camp on Dxun

Char Ell

Anybody have any ideas as to why the Star Forge banner is displayed so prominently in the Mandalorian camp on Dxun?

[align=center]dxunstarforgepr8.jpg[/align]

The above is just one of the Star Forge banners present at the camp. I didn't see any recent discussion on this topic in this forum so I'm curious to see what other TSL players think on this one.

Anybody have any ideas as to why the Star Forge banner is displayed so prominently in the Mandalorian camp on Dxun?

Souvenirs collected on the Unknown World by Canderous when he was there with Revan, that he put on display in his new camp to remind him of the greater cause behind him rebuilding the Mandalorian forces? :)

I think it's a sign of Canderous' continuing loyalty to Revan. Or it could just be an easter egg for all those little KotOR I lovers/TSL haters. ;)

That's something that always puzzled me... But I think that it was lazyness on the end, perhaps Obsidian though that no one would get it or bother.

I'm surprised nobody came up with, "It's a sign of Star Forge II. Revan is in the Unknown Regions building a new, more powerful Star Forge." :p

This was just something I noticed recently and I thought I would pose the question to see if anybody knew the reason why. Maybe it is just Obsidian deciding to use a KotOR 1 asset but maybe there is some meaning behind it that has yet to be revealed, if Chris Avellone writes the KotOR 3 story that is. ;)

I'm with the lazy/rushed davs opinion. Ajunta Pal's statue in the Dantooine Enclave, for another example. The same character models and many of the same alien language dialogue tracks for another. Sometimes, K2 pretty much acts like a high-end mod for K1.

Its called a Rushed product.

I don't think it is a sign of Loyalty to revan, hack, i don't think the starforge symbol stands fort Revan even. And suvenoirs? A "I survived stargorge" t-shirt would be better than this.

The Alien speech soundtrack is another story, the game would be much much bigger if every alien sentence have a somewhat correct soundtrack. Although if that happen it would be a nice place to learn Huttese? Now getting someone good enough to translate Huttese is another problem...

Easter Egg/Rushed Product/Mandalore Loving Huge Ship-Creating Dark Side Artificats and Decided to use That as a Symbol For a New Mandalorian Empire Which Will Create Tons and Tons of Recruits Just Like the Star Forge, Of Course, Without Blowing Up At the End.

Siding with Rushed Product here, with Chris saying: "Oh, look at this strange symbol. Let use it."

I'm surprised nobody came up with, "It's a sign of Star Forge II. Revan is in the Unknown Regions building a new, more powerful Star Forge." :p

This was just something I noticed recently and I thought I would pose the question to see if anybody knew the reason why. Maybe it is just Obsidian deciding to use a KotOR 1 asset but maybe there is some meaning behind it that has yet to be revealed, if Chris Avellone writes the KotOR 3 story that is. ;)

That... Haven't ocurred me. And I hope no writer do that, because... Aw, man, it would be terrible, and I don't think I need to say the "why"...

@Eager Weasel: Eternally defending Obsidian. :nod:

clan ordo

clan ordo was a famed family of mandalorians who presided

over the moon ordo. in the mandalorian sector . the most famed member was Canderous ordo who fought during the war of exar kunn war and the Jedi civil war he was with reven and the interest of his his people reunited the mandalorian under his banner . on the moon of duxun in the abandoned mandalorian camp of the mandalorian war effort .

in star wars knights of the old republic 2 the clan ordo symbol

on duxun resembles the star forge infinite empire it was adopted after the battle of rakata prime as a memento of canderous part in the campaign in destroying this primeval and massive wonder of the galaxy .

sorry about the long post but it should help you figher it out

• 5 weeks later...

in star wars knights of the old republic 2 the clan ordo symbol

on duxun resembles the star forge infinite empire it was adopted after the battle of rakata prime as a memento of canderous part in the campaign in destroying this primeval and massive wonder of the galaxy .

I willing to bet that the devs posted that. Just to back up thier laziness.

Those are some excellent screenshots with dialog, Shem.

Canderous did mention in TSL that he would have his army ready for Revan when the time comes. The Star Forge flags could be a sign of loyalty.
That would only make sense to me if Revan returns as a darksider. Perhaps the meaning will be made clear in the next KotOR game. Or perhaps the banners don't really mean anything and their presence won't be explained or made clear at all in the next KotOR. Whatever the case, at least this discussion is something to do while we wait. :D

Y'see, to me, the Ravager sequence only makes sense for an LS Revan. When I first saw it, I remember going "huh?" The only way it made sense was...

"Of course! Those two would still be working together because they want the same thing. They want Revan back, and they want to face the enemy at her side like they did when they were chasing Malak. Granted, they REALLY have to keep their friendship quiet - the Republic wouldn't get it, even if Canderous could sell his men on the idea of paying the Sith back for using them as cannon fodder in the last two wars."

That star forge banner is the beggining of the teory that Dxun was once a member of the Infinite empire. This is discussed heavily on wookiepedia. Maybe it is an easter egg but many ruins on Dxun indicates that it was once a member of the infinite empire.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived