How long should KotOR III be?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. How long should KotOR III be?

• Short: Around 10 Hours
    • Average: Somewhere between 20 and 30 hours
    • Original KotOR: About 40 Hours
    • Slightly Longer: Around 50 or 60 hours
    • Humongous: 70-80 Hours or more, like Mass Effect

Ok, so I think it's pretty obvious what the jig is here.

I am all for more content. Yes it makes the game more valueable in replayability, yes it keeps an entertaining drive, and yes it can obviously be done. What that story amounts to, and how it is brought about should be the real drive behind the games conception I think.

Kotor, could do well to have as much playability as manageable. I believe this as I am a huge fan of epic games, and that is why Elder Scrolls 3, and four(second to three) are games I love, sponsoring as much as, get ready; 500+ hours of gameplay. Despite being subject to gameplay styles and methods.

With all the things we missed in K2 included, K3 is bound to be longer. Also, I think K2 replayability suffers badly from the missing content and makes me long for mods, and the very linearity isn't so very hot either.

So I'd say: more length, more content, more fun. And a TES-like editor might be fun, too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The longer the better but it's doubtful they'd be able to fill up every hour of the game with interesting content the bigger it gets. With a much longer playtime the boring parts will become more drawn it, which in turn will effect replayability.

Somewhere around the 40-50 hour mark would be decent.

I doubt they'd have the time nor the money to make the game 70+ hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I like them to a page out of the Final Fantasy Book. Average Story length with a good depth to the story and lots of side quests and such. I played the whole story on 7 in about two days because it was good but then I spent two weeks replaying the game and doing all the side missions.

Give me that. And some offical mod tools.

Well, I would say a variable length of something between 10 hours to 50 hours.

Basically that means if you want to rush thru the game during the replay doing only the key quest that progress the story, you can rush thru it in 10 hours. But if you were to do all the side quests, play a bit of cards and what not and take yoru time, it would take 40-50 hours to complete, excluding things like deliberate long hours at the pazaak bar.

Also, I would love to see pazaak accessable outside of the loaded game. Basically we should be able to just play the cards without logging into the story... its better than playing Hearts by lots.

Also, I would love to see pazaak accessable outside of the loaded game. Basically we should be able to just play the cards without logging into the story... its better than playing Hearts by lots.
They might just as well make pazaak into a small stand-alone, like a bonus feature. THAT would be nice. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived