Home

Too Similar To another Game

I just want to point out even though I'm 80% retired from modding this game, I am not complaining about it.

I find this game too similar to Rome Total War. Like

. the good graphics theme

. you have to conquer planets, in RTW you have to conquer settlements

. RTW have Armies on the map aka fleets in EAW

.There can be trade between settlements, you need roads, which act like trade routs in EAW

.The Coding. TOO similar

. Diplomacy, the feature is avaliable through some easy modding in EAW

. The advisors on the known world map/ galactic map

. In RTW, your general gives a speech before a battle, just like the pilot/stormtrooper does

. Field commanders give morale like generals in RTW do

. Units can retreat and there is an auto resolve feature

Guest DarthMaulUK

Don't you mean C&C3 is alot like this? Apart from lacking in 3d cameras of course. All RTS games are starting to have the same theme, which you have to expect once they removed micro management.

Besides, Empire at War is the only one here to combine both space and land battles.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Let me get this right....because a game has WAR in the title, its smiliar? Utter rubbish. Rome Total War and Empire at War are two totally different games.

RTW focuses more on mass battles and castle seiges and of course, uses out of date weaponary. Empire at War is space, more close combat, space battles. Just because both games use a map for campaigns doesnt make them the same.

If that was the case, you could say Dawn of War is a clone. RTS games follow along the same sort of formula and have for many years. All 3 of these games are good in their own right.

DMUK

There is almost nothing in common between EaW and Rome: Total War. Rome is a far better developed and in-depth game than EaW is or will ever be. The way I see it, you could only say that EaW is a extremely simplified noob-style version of Rome without the diversity, politics, and strategy.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived