Home

Announcement: Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron™

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron™ Sends PSP® System Owners to the Front

Next Installment in Best-Selling Star Wars Battlefront Series Introduces Customization and Expands Multiplayer Options

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – May 10, 2007 – Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, the next installment of the best-selling Star Wars Battlefront series of videogames, will hit store shelves everywhere in fall 2007, LucasArts announced today.

In development exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system by U.K.-based Rebellion, Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron continues the immensely successful Battlefront series, which has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide since its introduction in 2004.

The only original Star Wars Battlefront experience of 2007, Renegade Squadron delivers a new way for players to experience their favorite Star Wars battles any way – and anywhere – they want. The game presents new battles and missions found through a never-before-told story, as well as an unprecedented wealth of personalization and customization options. And for the first time on the PSP system, Star Wars Battlefront players can team up or compete online with friends all over the world.

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is the previously untold story of a ragtag ensemble of battle-hardened rogues and scoundrels assembled by Han Solo. Gathered to execute some of the most secretive operations in the Rebel Alliance’s war against the Galactic Empire, the Renegade Squadron participates in battles spanning the galaxy. From the Valley of the Sith on Korriban to a dogfight in space through the remains of Alderaan, Solo directs the team on missions of sabotage, rescue and retrieval.

In Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, robust customization options replace the class system seen in previous Star Wars Battlefront titles, allowing for millions of possible unique combatants. With weapons, equipment and abilities that players select themselves, no two allies will likely ever look or perform exactly the same.

The game also boasts expanded multiplayer options for the PSP system. Up to 16 players will be able to compete against each other over the Internet and eight via the PSP system’s ad-hoc wireless connection.

Found some more information,

New locations include Ord Mantell, Boz Pity, Korriban, Alderaan and Sullust.

New vehicles are B-wing fighters, TIE Defenders, A5-R Juggernauts, T4-B heavy tanks, Slave I, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, Darth Vader's TIE Advanced, and the Millennium Falcon.

And as well as the heroes from SWBF2 there will be Admiral Ackbar, Ben Kenobi (Episode IV), IG-88, Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto.

Hey, I actually like the "story" in BFII.

But not this sad excuse for a "story". BFII's story was interesting as you saw through the eyes of the Clone Army and The Empire. Here, we just listen to Rebel properganda. Where's "Galactic Conquest" when you need it?

And that it's on PSP is also upsetting as well.

Hey guys longtime no see.

well i read there will be custamal charcters and heros in space on the offcial starwars lucasarts gamesite

good thing i have a psp when it comesout i'm goona buy it.

Then you guys about it!!

p.s remember i am a bad speller

Say wha? :lol:

Well, It's a good thing they smartened up. This one was expected. Congrats LA, I'm glad you smartened up. I am also glad you are trusting some one new and that you are taking time on both projects. I know you'll never hear this, but I wish you would make it for the PC, it is the biggest in the gaming industry.

Because the second biggest "Console" on the market is the PSP, followed by the DS. People prefer handhelds than the next-gen consoles.

Pretty sure out of all of the games, the PC and normal consoles got in the 7/70%/7/10 range while most of the reviews I saw for the PSP said it just doesnt work on it nd gave it 50%s or 5s or 5/10s

Did LA not read those reviews?

This is just a little thing inbetween SWBF2 and 3, it's only a little PSP game. No need for you all to be whining about it.

I don't really care that this is a PSP exclusive as long as they still make BF III and release it on PC. So don't take my comments the wrong way and think that I hate LA because of this, it's just a little disappointing that I've been waiting for this long, then the finally release another BF, but it's this half-made handheld junk.

I don't really care that this is a PSP exclusive as long as they still make BF III and release it on PC. So don't take my comments the wrong way and think that I hate LA because of this, it's just a little disappointing that I've been waiting for this long, then the finally release another BF, but it's this half-made handheld junk.

Yeah. That.

Archived