Home

Jedi?

Would you become a Jedi given the chance?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you become a Jedi given the chance?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell Yes!

Imagine the possibilities...

School:

Teacher: "Ztalker, you failed your exam."

Ztalker: *Magic Hand whipe* "No I didn't."

Teacher: "No you didn't..."

When going out:

Ztalker: "Could you give me a drink, please?"

Bartender: "Pay up buddy!"

Ztalker: *Magic Hand whipe* "This one's on the house..."

Bartender: "This one's on the house..."

:D :D

Jedis aren't supposed to get involved, remember? It's like being a monk. Plus you have to cut ties with your family. On the surface being able to control the Force sounds like a lot of fun, but may be tasked with some of the heaviest responsibilities in the galaxy because of that power. If you'd rather be chasing women, cheating on your tests, and getting free drinks, I think you'd make a better Han Solo than a Luke. :p

Well...Luke Skywalker had multiple Gilfriends in the Expanded Universe untill he finally settled down with Mara Jade. Ans she's hot. Probably some Force Persuation involved :D

And hey, Jedi can't buy drinks, since they don't have posessions including money. So I'm just doing everything according to the rules :xp:

And about the burden...meh...I'm practicing my katana skills every day, so every Sith Lord that would threaten people would get their a** kicked pretty hard.

To conclude; I'd be a grey Jedi. Defending Justice, but taking some profit as well. What's wrong with that? :D

I've considered monasticism before, so I might do. I'm not sure, 'though. I have no reactions, and the lifespan for the more...active Jedi does seem prohibitively short...

I'm not sure whether I could necessarily agree with all Jedi positions on things, though. I think perhaps the Jedi way requires belief primarily. From that, the rest stems. I'd need to know more about the Order than I do before I could decide.

Jedis aren't supposed to get involved, remember?

Oh, you mean like:

Anakin and Padmé

Revan and Bastila

Jolee and Nayama

Andur and Nomi Sunrider

Sylvar and Crado

Barrison and Krynda Draay

Nomi and Ulic Qel-Droma

Duron Qel-Droma and Shaela Nuur

and possibly Exile and Atton or Disciple (or Visas or Handmaiden)

...just to mention some of those who came before the new jedi order, like Luke and Mara Jade or Han and Leia

if given the opportunity would you become a Jedi? Why or why not?

Hell, yeah !

I would become a Jedi Knight, Nancy. :lsduel:

Why?

That would be the most coolest, exciting and adventurous life to have ever, also having amazing Force Powers, being heroic, having a sense of honor and being part of something greater than yourself is very appealing to me.

You know, Nancy I always wonder if something like the Jedi Order exist in this galaxy and if I'm missing out on that life. :)

Of course, I will have to be Force sensitive, whatever that means in terms of physics and if something like the Force exist for real somewhere in this universe.

I believe that will be equated to a universal intelligence = The Force, if it is real, but nothing is impossible.

Nothing, Nancy ! :)

Nancy, would you like to be a Jedi Knight? :)

Would I like to be a Jedi? I thought it was best to hold off on saying this until the thread got going, but no I wouldn't. Why? With great power comes great responsibility, and given the tremendous weight of responsibility the Jedi put themselves under, no, it wouldn't be for me. I'm the wrong type of person for it. You look at how many Jedi are and I think I'm nothing like that. Plus the lifestyle common to Jedi, totally devoted to the Force, the Order, ect, and their regid guidelines on emotions (though this is a topic of debate for the Jedi, from Jolee to Anakin to Kyle) would drive me madder than I already am.

The prospect of being able to become a Jedi would be something I would like to do. Though, the guidelines, rules, etc. that would I would have to consider and follow would dampen the prospect of me deciding to become one.

Personally, I think being a Sith would suit myself more than a being a Jedi would.

Would I like to be a Jedi? I thought it was best to hold off on saying this until the thread got going, but no I wouldn't. Why? With great power comes great responsibility, and given the tremendous weight of responsibility the Jedi put themselves under, no, it wouldn't be for me. I'm the wrong type of person for it. You look at how many Jedi are and I think I'm nothing like that. Plus the lifestyle common to Jedi, totally devoted to the Force, the Order, ect, and their regid guidelines on emotions (though this is a topic of debate for the Jedi, from Jolee to Anakin to Kyle) would drive me madder than I already am.

yup, i agree with you 100% NA. personally i'd love to have force powers and a lightsaber and whatever, but to put it very simply, i don't think that i am morally good enough to be a jedi. when i think of a jedi, i basically think of a group of people that are always doing good, help those that can't help themselves, and die for the light side. basically, saints, monks, and martyrs. i am none of these. there is a great weight on your shoulder if you're a jedi, you must have a dedication to the light side, and you can just about never be wrong, or you've failed your duty. it's just too much for me to handle. i can't stand the guilt of being sith, and am not good enough to be a jedi. at the very most, i'd be a grey jedi, but i'd be perfectly alright with being an average star wars smuggler/petty thief/scoundrel class person. and i like droids, too.

Frankly, if I was a Jedi, I would use my power to make the world a better place, in other words, turn it into a utopia.

And who in the world want to live in a utopia? No one, least of all me.

And if I fall to the Dark Side, I'll end up being lynched by all the other Jedi, which is not an appealing fate.

So, no.

Would I like to be a Jedi? I thought it was best to hold off on saying this until the thread got going, but no I wouldn't.

My bad, Nancy! ;)

Why? With great power comes great responsibility, and given the tremendous weight of responsibility the Jedi put themselves under, no, it wouldn't be for me. I'm the wrong type of person for it.

Well, I thought you will be the kind of person who will want adventure in your life.

Of course, it's not for everybody.

To be a powerful skilled warrior, who has the respect of the masses and battle the forces evil all over the galaxy, is very attractive. :lsduel:

You look at how many Jedi are and I think I'm nothing like that. Plus the lifestyle common to Jedi, totally devoted to the Force, the Order, ect, and their regid guidelines on emotions (though this is a topic of debate for the Jedi, from Jolee to Anakin to Kyle) would drive me madder than I already am.

Well, I don't agree with those rigid guidelines concerning emotions, you must have some emotions like love, empathy and compassion.

Or, there will be much suffering toward those that you feel no love or compassion for.

Those strict guidelines on emotions are flawed, having some emotions are a good thing respect to the bigger picture of things, you can't maintain good deeds if you have no love for anyone or is not affected in anyway by one's suffering.

Well you know, Nancy there is always the option of being a gray Jedi. ;)

Well, I thought you will be the kind of person who will want adventure in your life.

Of course, it's not for everybody.

To be a powerful skilled warrior, who has the respect of the masses and battle the forces evil all over the galaxy, is very attractive. :lsduel:

of course i want adventure! but that's not what being a jedi is about. it's about being perfect and always helping people. Mace Windu would tell you that :)

Well, I don't agree with those rigid guidelines concerning emotions, you must have some emotions like love, empathy and compassion.

if you don't agree then the jedi won't train you.

Those strict guidelines on emotions are flawed

:lol: lololol!!! i wonder what would happen if you said that to the jedi masters!

especially Vrook...

Well you know, Nancy there is always the option of being a gray Jedi. ;)

yes, but who'd train you? you'd have to get some training and most force users are either jedi or sith. in the end, you'd have to choose one, and then perhaps leave (aka screw them over) later.

Archived