Home

Jedi?

Would you become a Jedi given the chance?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you become a Jedi given the chance?

• Yes
    • No

Not so much not wanting adventure, were it me I'd be more Mira or, Jan, or even Mara than the common Jedi. All that bowing and scraping, I'm not one for it and don't feel right for others to be like that if I was a Jedi. If I were though I think I'd resemble the Exile, rather than follow the Jedi I would go to war, rather than fall to the dark side on Malechor I'd cut myself off from the force so the Sith definetly don't appeal either. But like it'd been said it's not for everybody. Being a soldier or a spy would be much preferable to me but they're not for everybody either. Plus I'd want to have the skills that I thought were suitable, being able to use the huge Mandalorian rifles that Jedi can't (unless they're Revan) or CQC against a lightsaber where you grab the arm, that sort of thing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course i want adventure! but that's not what being a jedi is about. it's about being perfect and always helping people. Mace Windu would tell you that :)

Well, we all have different reasons for being a Jedi.

Trying to be perfect all the time is a distraction, that's why so many Jedi died in many battles, believing that you are perfect will make you vulnerable in combat; you won't analyse the combat situtation wisely, by not anticipating the unexpected, will make you another fatality of the battle.

But I won't try to be perfect a Jedi Knight, I will be the masterful great skilled warrior Jedi Knight, given the opportunity.

Man, that sound like a job application. :lol:

The battles, the adventure, the glory and the respect, is the main interest for me. :lsduel:

if you don't agree then the jedi won't train you.

There is always a solution to any problem, EnIgmA_XX.

:lol: lololol!!! i wonder what would happen if you said that to the jedi masters!

especially Vrook...

Then me and master Vrook would have to just have a falling out, I'm not going to be a emotionless automaton.

yes, but who'd train you? you'd have to get some training and most force users are either jedi or sith. in the end, you'd have to choose one, and then perhaps leave (aka screw them over) later.

Well, if it has to be that way. :)

Not so much not wanting adventure, were it me I'd be more Mira or, Jan, or even Mara than the common Jedi.

I would not want to be the common Jedi either, Nancy.

I would want to be distinguish for my great mastery in combat. :lsduel:

All that bowing and scraping, I'm not one for it and don't feel right for others to be like that if I was a Jedi.

I think I understand what you mean.

You don't want people to see you as superior because of your abilities with Force and your high standing?

Is that it ? :)

If I were though I think I'd resemble the Exile, rather than follow the Jedi I would go to war, rather than fall to the dark side on Malechor I'd cut myself off from the force so the Sith definetly don't appeal either.

Well, I don't agree with that choice, Nancy I won't cut myself off from the Force. :)

I would also go to war too.

Who wouldn't want to be an actual, trained Jedi? Besides the four people who've said no on the poll so far, I guess.

If I were to be a Jedi, I wouldn't exactly go renegade, but I would prefer to do things my way; the unorthodox way. Holding the scorn of some stuck-up by-the-book Master would be most enjoyable. ;)

If there were Jedi to train me I would seek out a Jolee type...

Hmm, if you wanted to be trained as a Jedi who would you want to train you? Here's my top five, in no particular order.

Exile: Actually this would be my top pick. Being female helps a lot. She's a warrior, choosing to fight the Mandalorians. From all appearences (from much of the game's choices to fan art of her) she's quirky, twisted, yet despite everything from Malechor to the Jedi to the galaxy absolutely refuses to fall to the dark side. And given she can train people like Mira, just like that, me being trained should be easy. And given the Exile's personality fun as well.

Lonna Vash: Light sided through and through, even though she does overestimate herself against Sion looking at her and looking at things like cut content she doesn't seem...pretentious maybe, like other Jedi can be (Bastila, Atris).

Mira: I'm not sure if she would be able to train Jedi. Nonetheless many of the same reasons the Exile would be my top choice also appeal to Mira. It's the personality, she has that tough attitude yet she has a good heart as evidenced in her desire to try and piece the galaxy back together.

Mara Jade: Wielding Mace Windu's BMF lightsaber alone gets her onto the list. But again it's the personality, as well as the dark side that she went through, that appeals. Maybe dark side powers would be taught. Plus a post dark side Mara would be struggling after what she went through and it'd be good for someone to be there for her.

Aayla Secura: A little noble for my taste, but she is very helpful, was pretty cool in the comics and having the other skills she had (she often was a spy) help out a lot. Given that she is remembered as a great Jedi (see Betrayal and Empire), especially if she uses two lightsabers like in Battlefront, then yeah, I'd be happy with her over Yoda, greatest Jedi of them all for sure but very tough and demanding. Though maybe that's how it is period, the riddles and such would probably get to me though.

I was to post this yesterday, but my connection terminated.

I think the question of this poll is not whether you want the powers of a Jedi, but whether you want to be Jedi. Being a Jedi is more than messing around with powers - it is a life of dedication, altruism and sacrifice. You cannot use those powers as you like them. That'll make you a Sith, which is not the poll's question.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a Jedi. I'd very much like normal life.

Jup, being a full on Jedi, with responsibility enough to crush the strongest of warriors to go with that power. You can forget about perving on Bastila, or Aayla, or Mara, that's against the code depending on who you ask. Not being able to snog Revan, that'd be tough.

Jedi? No.

Jedi powers? Hell yeah.

For a teacher I would definitly seek out Jolee. Anything else would just be torture...I'm just not the totally obedient type. I'm far too old to listen and believe everything I'm told..

EDIT: If Sabretooth is right, the answer is no. I would train as a Jedi and then leave the order.

Hmm, if you wanted to be trained as a Jedi who would you want to train you?

if i was a jedi? okay:

tied for second: Exile and Aayla Secura

both of these jedi are awesome. but what's even 17 times more important than power is their personality. they're both not too pushing, and seem pretty understanding. they're also nice and (for my exile) noble, and i like those kind of people, no matter how un-noble i myself am.

first: Atton Rand

yes, atton! why? because he's just laid back most of the time. when i'm around him, i don't feel like i have to prove something to him, and just trying is more than enough. what is also very important is his past, umm, experiences. yes, he's turned away from the dark side, and through his time as a, um, special ops trooper, he has gone through some times of great emotion. despite his laid back attitude, i feel like i can still talk about something serious with him. finally, when i'm sick and tired of training all the time, we can just stop and play some pazzack. i'd like to teach him dejarik, too...

I would prefer to be a Gray Jedi than an actual Jedi. Which is why I would like to have Jolee as a teacher. The thought of me playing with his head 'cause he is half senile could be quite amusing to me as well. Plus, he seems to be more... understanding.

Yes...in manner of way.I would become a Sith from the start, because SITH RULZ.

Think on all the possibilities, all the power, all the uncensored knowledge, all the weak people to kill and enslave and corrupt, all the pain that you could suffer...yes a Sith Lord.

Think on all the possibilities, all the power, all the uncensored knowledge, all the weak people to kill and enslave and corrupt, all the pain that you could suffer...yes a Sith Lord.

Yeah, me and you would have to do battle. :)

Jedi Sentinel: Windu Chi battle Sith Lord: Radu. :lsduel:

It won't be easy, I happen to be a very skilled warrior. ;)

You will be defeated easily!

A life of evil and loneliness awaits you.

Grey Jedi pwn you all.

Being a gray Jedi is like being 'a little bit pregnant'. You're either light or dark.

Well, to me, a Gray Jedi is one that gets to choose if he wants to be Light or Dark, rather than being forced to be Light (if he is a Jedi) or Dark (if he is a Sith). That's all. The freedom of Choice.

Other than that, they're overrrated.

Well, to me, a Gray Jedi is one that gets to choose if he wants to be Light or Dark, rather than being forced to be Light (if he is a Jedi) or Dark (if he is a Sith). That's all. The freedom of Choice.

Other than that, they're overrrated.

Thats exactly how I view them. That and the acception of a gray's ability to use either Light or Dark side powers without seeing any good or evil from them.

Being part of the Jedi Order has way too many restrictions for feelings and emotions. Everyone has rights, and the Jedi don't respect that. That is why I prefer being Gray.

Being a gray Jedi is like being 'a little bit pregnant'. You're either light or dark.

So true, however, I imagine falling to the darkside isn't instantaneous.

Some may not even know they're falling until it's too late.

During this time a jedi may choose to follow some of the rules of the order and dissmiss others. At this point he/she would no longer be truly light but may not have reached the depths of darkness as of yet.

This is what I consider the grey times. How long a jedi stays within these boundries depends on the jedi himself and what's driving him/her.

During these times a jedi could be still prompted to do good things, but ties from the order would be severed.

But as Prime has suggested, eventually, without following the strict mandate of the order, to the darkside they will fall.

If force sensitive, I would definately be willing to attempt to become a jedi.

However, I've been told I'm too old to begin the training.

So, you will quit that easily?

You will let age determine, if you could become a Jedi Knight? :)

Yes, when master Vrook told me that in KotOR, I hung my head and turned off the game. (Did I miss out on anything?)

Archived