Home

Questions about armor

adviaris

I'm just courious about a couple things.

1) There are 3 types of Maurader armor on TC, recon, battle and assault. Yet we only have battle on live servers. Will the other two types ever make it as craftable items on a live server?

2) Will armor gloves and boots ever get sockets? I ask this because it seems no one wears them anymore. Without them being able to take SEA's no one cares about them, same with the armor belts. There are those that do and maybe would like to wear crafted faction armor in PVP. Yet if we wear a "full suit" unless it is GCW reward armor. We're at a disadvantage. Was just courious if this is being thought of or maybe the possiblity of adding a slot to the armor belts that can take a PSG or SEA. That would allow the armor piece to be worn. Which has no value, and get the protection of the PSG without losing the appearance of the complete armor set.

3) When if ever will the servers with a the bugged Bestine Museum ever get fixed? Without this feature it is imposible to make the paintings currently in the gane that are craftable unless you want to play some ungodly amount to actually get a schem for one.

Thanks if you ever answer this.

Guest DarthMaulUK

1) Who knows. The devs are adding stuff all the time, you cant count it out

i doubt if gloves and boots will get sockets - but who knows. People dont wear them most due to the resource required to make and they don't really offer any benefit.

I know the dev team are working their way through the bugs in the game. All takes time and some things have higher priorities than others.

• 3 weeks later...

Theres a cryptic reference to PSG's 'taking diminishing returns into consideration' in the latest pub notes. Whatever it means, and noone outside (inside?) SOE seems to really know, it might make belts fashionable again. Having said that, belts are of course worth wearing when fighting Jedi already. But you're right - if I can buy socketted gloves and boots from a tailor, why not from an AS?

if boots and gloves got stats, that would leave a couple species out unless they went ahead and made it invisible like the stormtrooper armor helmets, that (imo) is what they should do...my character is missing out on some good stats, and that set of gloves from mustafar.

Archived