Home

Revan = Anagram

Diego Varen

Well, it proves that he KNOW about the Vader-Father connection. He might have thought of the name Vader first, and found out the Father thing afterwards. It is quite common to look up names and what not you have created, just to make sure that it is not something really silly/funny/obscene in other languages.

Now, is there s Anagram for "Darth Sunshine"?

Well, it proves that he KNOW about the Vader-Father connection. He might have thought of the name Vader first, and found out the Father thing afterwards. It is quite common to look up names and what not you have created, just to make sure that it is not something really silly/funny/obscene in other languages.

So what's your theory? That he found out it meant "father" while making ANH, so he decided to make him Luke's father? Or he found out that the name just happened to fit in with his idea that he would be Luke's father?

Both seem rather unlikely.

TRUST WIKI SOURCES!!!!!

Okay, they're not guaranteed to be accurate, but here's the thing: They are. For the most part, they're right, and wrong things get often fixed. Please do take everything you read with a grain of salt, because it most certainly can be wrong, but don't pretend there's some intellectual superiority in disregarding anything you learn in a wiki.

Pet peeve out of the way.

All the movie darth names have very obvious linguistic etymologies. It's a combination of evil word and sounds cool.

Revan doesn't have so obvious a connection (maybe Bioware is just a little more creative than George Lucas, JUST SAYING ;)) and I haven't heard of any actual stroy of the origin, but it's likely that it was influenced by most of the things people mentioned.

Just like Vader is related to Father, invader and other things, Revan is probably related to raven, revenant, and ravenous. I can't say for sure, I wasn't there, but I'm guessing that they just went through a process of thinking of cool, relevant words, and turning them into the cool name Revan. That's gotta be how most names are made up.

TRUST WIKI SOURCES!!!!!

Okay, they're not guaranteed to be accurate, but here's the thing: They are. For the most part, they're right, and wrong things get often fixed. Please do take everything you read with a grain of salt, because it most certainly can be wrong, but don't pretend there's some intellectual superiority in disregarding anything you learn in a wiki.

Pet peeve out of the way.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I think some people hear about the (very few) cases where some high-profile person has his or her entry vandalized, and they assume that Wikis are inherently flawed. For others, it's just another symptom of groupthink. It's trendy for "elite computer users" (geeks is too negative a term) to bash Wikis, so that's what most of them do.

Anyway, at least Wikis have a system in place for errors to be corrected. "Normal" media sources (such as newspaper, magazine, and TV) usually have to do a lengthy investigation before they realize one of their reporters was making stuff up. Also, traditional media and blogs are just as likely (if not more so) than Wikis to be biased in some form. Every writer has an agenda - the nice thing about Wikis is that multiple writers with different agendas can all contribute, making the final product more likely to be balanced.

Has anyone noticed that Revan's name is an anagram? When I made my male Revan's surname, Varen (Being an anagram of Revan), I noticed that it was an anagram of Raven. Was this the developer’s intentions or was it a coincidence?

I thought an anagram was supposed to be a word that has been jumbled around to make another word with all the letters intact; for example the word "Torchwood" is a perfect anagram of "Doctor Who". The answers on the thread suggest that Revan could possibly be a play on various different words or meanings; an anagram? Possibly not but a name with hidden meaning, i suspect most definately.

Well, What I say is, the Vader name might be a conincidence that it fits into "some" aspact of the character originally unintended to, and to be found out a bit later.

Its like "Hey Vader, now thats a cool name! let mecheck on its other meanings so it does not mean soemthing stupid in quenya or something. Hey, it means Father also, booya! We will use it" Or soemthing along those lines.

Point: Don't Dwell on HOW a name is created too much, but enjoy the cleverness of such naming.

On Wiki:

To be fair other than deliberate alternations most entry is reasonably accurate, this holds for wookiea too. So the general content is correct.

When it comes to things like ambiguous topic and conflicting sources though, there might be difference in opinions and edit-wars. This is especially true when decisions of some authority iss questioned. Or some parties wishing to silence voices of alternative opinion.

On Wiki:

To be fair other than deliberate alternations most entry is reasonably accurate, this holds for wookiea too. So the general content is correct. .

Agreed.

Wiki and Wookiee are cool places to learn stuff, but if your going to call someone on it get the source material, cause unless it's word for word, it's someones take on what they read, and people tend to bridge the info with there own words which are somtimes wrong, misleading or over simplified.

TRUST WIKI SOURCES!!!!!

Just had to quote this bit for emphasis.

But anyway, for Revan I would have to go with it being a play on revenant. Bioware do seem to have thought about the names in such a way.

Did you know that Ahto (city on Manaan), is a god of the sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahti

Oh yes, I used a wiki link deliberately.

Archived