Home

Binoculars - Sam & Max Hit The Road

Seems heaps of people asking but none of the answers or manual helped so I had to work it out for myself. However I've decided to save everybody else the trouble.

This solution may be machine/op system/cd etc specific so here's what I got:

LucasArts Classic CD - Sam & Max Hit The Road

Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop

Windows XP

Here's what the pdf manual supplied on the cd said:

Once you have made sure

that the binoculars are in good

operating condition, look through

them. You will see a needle. When

the needle is at dead center, the

binoculars will stop. You can speed up

or slow down the binoculars by using

the right or left mouse buttons. Click on

the right or left side of the needle to

switch direction.

Unfortunately this doesnt work as it says.

Firstly the mouse buttons dont work as stated and when you first use the binoculars you wont even get a mouse cursor!!!

Secondly there is the not so slight problem of exiting the binocular view without exiting the game entirely. This took me ages to work out and isnt published anywhere I know of (ESC,q, ENTER don't work). Wait for it........

The solution is to exit the binoculars screen you must press the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously!!!!

NOTE: SLIGHT SPOILER FOLLOWS BUT CANT EXPLAIN THIS OTHERWISE

To activate the speed controls on the binoculars you must connect the sparking wires on the floor to the binoculars. Then click on the binoculars using the "use" hand icon. This activates the binoculars and the mouse cursor but again the manual is wrong when is comes to controlling the speed.

Below the binoculars viewport there is is dial/needle bordered by a semicircle. This is the speed control. To enable the control you must rightclick close to the right of the centre of this semicircle. From then on rightclicks anywhere in the semicircle will move the needle to the right and alternatively leftclicks will move it to the left. I let you figure out the rest.

PS The binoculars need another attachment before they can be truly useful but this is for you (and me as I havent done it yet) to figure out.

Have Fun!!!

The Professor

:beam1:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just noticed this post here...Clicking both mouse buttons is how I remember exiting them way back when the game first came out....and as for what you need to do to make them work...Yeah I figured that out pretty easy 12 years ago also.

FYI, I was under 12 years old at the time.

I think what makes this game so hard for people to figure out now, is the fact that you cant advance the game by killing a gaurd and taking his key to the next room like you can in every other major game release that comes out now a days.

I dunno, I dont pay to play any mmos, I play free betas, or open betas before the release, get tired of the game, and never play it again.

I was refering more to every other FPS/3d person game out there that trys to sell itself as an "adventure" when you just constantly are gunning people down in order to move on. An example of this is pretty much every new game out there.

Archived