Home

Does anyone else agree that...

I'm not gonna publically destroy the films that i love. I genuinely love all of them. Yeah there are a few questionable things in some of the films and the tacts that change between the prequel and the sequel trilogies. But i love em.

It probably sounded like I hate them, but a bit of slander's OK between fans, because deep down GL knows we still love him, it's when some a-hole critic say's they don't like em just because its not cool to like em, that's when I take offense, The Saga contains the 6 best films of all time, period, but like you say, there are a few questionable things.

People are always over critical with themselves, and I consider the saga a part of me ;)

Episode II did have very important reasons for being there. It meant to highlight:

1. Anakin's arrogance

2. Ani and Padme's Love and subsequent marriage

3. The Build-Up to the Clone War

If we didn't have 1, we would have assumed that Ani was pretty much a good boy, because he behaved in Episode III.

We needed to see Ani taking active love interest in Padme and them getting married secretly. Since Episode III was full of war and betrayal, there was no room for that there.

Lastly, the build-up to the Clone Wars was necessary because the Clones played an important part in the founding of the Empire. And because it was mentioned in Episode IV and could not possibly go unnoticed.

I don't know. I thought the whole serperatist movement stuff was important.

Yeah, but it didn't really deserve all that focus throughout the movie did it? And especially Obi-Wan's solo hunt for them was a bit pointless IMO, just as him finding the clones was a bit silly...

I think the biggest thing to remember is that it's hard to show Anakins progression to the darkside within the confined amount of time of a single movie. Personally i think ther should have been abit more screen time for hayden and a little more darker temptations in Episode 2 that would have made the transition to the Ep 3 Anakin abit smoother. To be honest, i think this is why WE NEED the new Clone wars show.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that it's hard to show Anakins progression to the darkside within the confined amount of time of a single movie. Personally i think ther should have been abit more screen time for hayden and a little more darker temptations in Episode 2 that would have made the transition to the Ep 3 Anakin abit smoother. To be honest, i think this is why WE NEED the new Clone wars show.

I think the Cartoon Network show was amazing and that it filled the gaps between Ep II and III very well, Anakin's decline is further shown by his disobedience for Obi-Wan and his anger towards Ventress...

Can someone explain to me why the whole Obi-Wan going 30's PI storyline was in it?

What would have happened to the clones had he not discovered them? Wasn't Palpatine gonna use them anyways?

Of course he would, but note that Palpatine doesn't use them in Ep. II - Yoda does.

The way I see it, Geonosis became a trap for the jedi, and Palpatine would certainly have decimated them there, given the opportunity. The jedi were a great danger to his plans, and he knew he had to get rid of them sooner or later. If Obi-Wan's investigations could bring the jedi to Geonosis and Palpatine could then have Dooku kill them all there, then great. The jedi - or at least most of them - only lived through it because Yoda used the clones to intervene.

I think the Cartoon Network show was amazing and that it filled the gaps between Ep II and III very well, Anakin's decline is further shown by his disobedience for Obi-Wan and his anger towards Ventress...

Yeah... Oh, and Grievous doesn't suck in the cartoons.

Yeah, but it didn't really deserve all that focus throughout the movie did it?
Well, it kind of shows the reason for the clone wars, does it not? Which in turn shows have Palpatine continued his rise to power, which is also very important.

It would have been okay without the cringe-inducing love scenes. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry! As I recall, there was this particularly painful line... I can't recall it verbatim, but it was roughly:

When I'm with you, it hurts. When we're apart, it hurts even more!

-.-''''''''''

I hated Jar-Jar because the person in the seat behind mine kept saying "Gyahahahha Jar-Jar Binks!" every time he appeared onscreen. Blek.

Poppycock.... !!

Anakin's mother dying ?? Not a significant scene ?? Cut this out and you miss the whole reason why he was willing to go to the lengths he did in EpIII to save padme/his child..

Say what you want about Hayden, but he *nailed* that "I Hate them!" confession scene. I'd like to see any forum fanboy whiny clown do it better.

Sure, the romance stuff is corny - but

a)Its Star Wars... a fantasy space opera. Not an 'edgy modern love story' set in the here and now. Romeo & Juliet is as corny as heck too, but with prettier words :)

b) If you dont like that dialogue...Blame Hales, he wrote the lines, not Hayden. Sir Laurence Olivier himself(arguably the greatest dramatic actor of the 20th Century) would have sounded no better....just perhaps flared his nostrils and stared a bit more intensely :D

and something to keep in mind...

c) Many males say dumb things when they are with ladies, especially their "first love", and especially when they are teens... Im 32 now and confident in 99% of things, but every now and then I see my "first true love" and I get all jelly like and lost for words.. it makes my current partner(of 7 years) ROFL ....

the first cut is indeed the deepest :violin:

mtfbwya

I agree about the romance thing. I think Han and Leia really worked but the Padme and Anakin thing was awful, he tried to do some shakespeare 'ye-olde' style love thing and it got annoying very quickly.

Warning: Do NOT speak ill of The Bard! Ever!!! ;)

Because:

"'Tis now the very witching time of night,

when churchyards yawn and Hell itself breathes out contagion

to this world : Now could I drink hot blood

and do such bitter business as the day

would quake to look on!"

I dunno, I agree that episode 1 probly gave us a really good start and sorta "first look" deal at the whole prequel idea. Though I thought that GL made it a tad too childish, it wasn't the space-soap opera I knew and loved! *cries* oh well, I'm over it.

Personally I liked episode III the least. Why? Although it involved cool battles and this awesome anakin vs obiwan scene and the birth of Vader, it was far too crammed, I could have lived with ep II having part of ep III so that Ani's "falling" scene didnt seem so quick. It was like clap on: lightside, clap off: darkside.

Poppycock.... !!

Anakin's mother dying ?? Not a significant scene ?? Cut this out and you miss the whole reason why he was willing to go to the lengths he did in EpIII to save padme/his child..

Say what you want about Hayden, but he *nailed* that "I Hate them!" confession scene. I'd like to see any forum fanboy whiny clown do it better.

Sure, the romance stuff is corny - but

a)Its Star Wars... a fantasy space opera. Not an 'edgy modern love story' set in the here and now. Romeo & Juliet is as corny as heck too, but with prettier words :)

b) If you dont like that dialogue...Blame Hales, he wrote the lines, not Hayden. Sir Laurence Olivier himself(arguably the greatest dramatic actor of the 20th Century) would have sounded no better....just perhaps flared his nostrils and stared a bit more intensely :D

and something to keep in mind...

c) Many males say dumb things when they are with ladies, especially their "first love", and especially when they are teens... Im 32 now and confident in 99% of things, but every now and then I see my "first true love" and I get all jelly like and lost for words.. it makes my current partner(of 7 years) ROFL ....

the first cut is indeed the deepest :violin:

mtfbwya

lolz you are (as usual) spot on Astro, I was kinda fed up and tired when I last watched Ep 2, but it is a good movie all together...

Archived