Home

KotOR Tool, non-standard file paths, chitin.key, and 2da questions

LordJerec

Hey you guys, I'm just wondering why my kotor tool does not respond to my kotor2 dir, I mean is this normal or not, like is there anyway that the game might get ****ed in kotor tool if it's not in a specific folder like I.E. C`/programfiiles/lucasarts/swkotor2 or can I put in like I.E. c:/games/lucasarts/swkotor2? Or does this <--- make it think that it's a none US version and start screaming about your swkotor2 chtin.key is missplaced or out of order, is there any specfic folder you have to put it in?

Upon startup, KotOR Tool will attempt to detect your paths based on Windows registry. You can change these using File: Manage Paths...

As for the chitin.key error message, this is occurs for non-English versions of the game. Don't worry, just click continue. It won't cause further harm.

Alright, but the weird thing is that it does much more harm, cause when I start it up, and select the kotor2 dir, and go into the 2da 2da_preview or what it's called, it displays a kotor1 2da file instead of what it should do, If you guys think that i have to report this as a bug to Tetra i will, but if it's not a bug i don't understand what might cause it?

It could be caused if you have the KotOR1 path pointed to the same directory as KotOR2.

You are not limited to using KotOR Tool for 2DA file editing. Try extracting the 2da you want to edit using KotOR Tool and looking at it with stoffe's 2DA Editor/Merger or with Excel 2DA Add-In (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php).

Out of curiosity, how are you determining the 2DA you're looking at is from KotOR1?

Archived