Home

Eidos to make Deus Ex 3

Char Ell

According to videogamesblogger.com Eidos will be making Deus Ex 3. I haven't played any of the Deus Ex games but I seem to recall there are some people here that like this game series. If you're one of those people them I'm sure this will interest you. :)

The article says that the director of Eidos France revealed this tidbit of info on a French language TV station and the game will be developed in a studio in Montreal that will open in September of this year.

IMO it seems like Eidos is jumping the gun to say they're making a game before the studio that is going to develop it is even set up. :smirk2:

^^^

:freakout: Criminy! You're right! Sorry, I meant to post in The Outlander's Club. Guess things like this happen when I post while trying to stave off the sandman. :p

If a mod would be so gracious as to move this thread and fix my mistake, I would be most appreciative. :)

Mod note: Done. :) ~M

The article says that the director of Eidos France revealed this tidbit of info on a French language TV station and the game will be developed in a studio in Montreal that will open in September of this year.

IMO it seems like Eidos is jumping the gun to say they're making a game before the studio that is going to develop it is even set up. :smirk2:

Deus Ex was a classic that I still dust off to play again every now and then. I just hope they can stick to the concept that made the original great and improve on that, and not continue down the path of dumbing down and streamlining the game they chose to take with Deus Ex:Invisible War (which still is a good game, but not as good as the original).

Perhaps some new blood working on it can help ensure that, provided that the people involved have played and liked the original back in the day.

I haven't played any of the Deus Ex games but I seem to recall there are some people here that like this game series.

You should, if you can still find them. Deus Ex is still a very good game, even with the dated graphics (using the Unreal 1 engine). Very fun RPG/FPS hybrid, with an impressive level of polish and attention to details.

How would they handle the ending of Deus Ex 2? Will they ignore it? Come up with something canon? Or try to fuse all 4 endings together?

They'll most likely fuse all four endings, like they did to Deus Ex. But they'll most likely

claim that whatever happened at Liberty Island is a mystery, and that many died there, on that day.

• 6 months later...
Crap.

Deus Ex was awesome.

IW was mediocre.

So it's not unreasonable to suggest this will suck.

Neither is it entirely unreasonable to hope that they've listened to the criticism that was expressed about the changes made to Invisible War from the original Deus Ex concept and will attempt to steer the series back on track again. Miracles can happen. :)

I loved Deus Ex so I will remain hopeful that the sequel will be a worthy addition to the series until they prove me wrong.

How was the story in the first two games (never played 'em)? Do you think this new one will be as good or better?

How was the- How was the Story, you ask?!

Deus Ex had the best damned storyline I have seen in any video game to date, and the most damned immersive environment ever. The game's beauty was that it used beliefs, situations, information, dialogue and environment to create its world, as opposed to graphics and animation (which most modern games prefer).

Invisible War had a great story too, albeit not as good as its legendary predecessor.

The specialty about Deus Ex was that it changed your life and your perception of modern philosophy, and it gave you plenty to think about when you are not playing the game. Deus Ex is an experience. If you haven't played it, grab a copy in any way possible - it's the finest game ever made. :)

Problem is, we have no clue of how this game will turn out. The two big hurdles are: Ion Storm is not making it (and Warren Spector is not involved (the horror!) ) and that Montreal has been given a development cycle. Deus Ex, despite being a phenomenal game, is one where a better sequel is perfectly possible. Invisible War was a massive disappointment. I'm guessing that these guys have learned that, and will return to the original's roots (or at least, make a game as good as the first, similar or not).

Hell, I'd love it if they simply remade the original with modern graphics and animation (without touching the gameplay one bit). I'd pay and have man secks for that. :D

Well, the trailer at least was disappointing. I mean, why can't there be some in-game footage, or something revealing about the plot?

It is a teaser. ;)

You didn't like Invisible War? Granted it wasn't as good as the superior original but IMO it wasn't all that bad.

I had no sympathy for the PC in DE:IW unlike JC Denton, the bland enemies, and the compromises made to make it both for the PC and X-box (Such as smaller areas, dumber AI).

How was the- How was the Story, you ask?!

Deus Ex had the best damned storyline I have seen in any video game to date, and the most damned immersive environment ever. The game's beauty was that it used beliefs, situations, information, dialogue and environment to create its world, as opposed to graphics and animation (which most modern games prefer).

Invisible War had a great story too, albeit not as good as its legendary predecessor.

The specialty about Deus Ex was that it changed your life and your perception of modern philosophy, and it gave you plenty to think about when you are not playing the game. Deus Ex is an experience. If you haven't played it, grab a copy in any way possible - it's the finest game ever made. :)

I guess I'll have to check it out then! :) Is it anything like Metal Gear Solid or System Shock?

Archived