Home

SWGEmu...

lsniper

I dunno if this is allowed on these forums (if it is not allowed then please edit it). I did not read in the rules about not posting private server stuff, so...

swgemu.com is making an emu for SWG (private servers). We are still in Pre-alpha and need every programer's help finishing. It is open source so you can help the project get done faster. We have about 50 programers working on it and about 10 of them actually doing a lot of work.

My Server's Site: (this was made by Chilastra's Exiles)

http://www.spraticnet.com/

I have been playing SWG since beta and I am very upset with what they have done to the game, so I am here to support swgemu.com and everything they do. If you feel the same way I do, please join us!

You can find out more information about SWGEmu @ http://www.truegalaxies.com

(DMUK)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

We (as in the LFN Network) will be posting a statement about SWGEmu shortly. Lucasarts have brought it to our attention.

The whole idea is VERY exciting and expect full updates from us shortly. Naturally, if any of you out there are coders - PLEASE lend your support.

I've made some changes to some earlier posts and apologise for any confusion caused.

DMUK

no, jedi will be back. what the EMU will do is it will utilize all of the patch.tre files that are up till patch 13. after this everything started going down hill. As of now the jedi path will once again be hologrinding. But if LucasArts is in fact backing up the EMU team like DMUK said, we can likely hope for a game we can all like. The EMU team is always listening to ideas on their forums. I haven't seen an organized Starsider server yet, but it would be nice. Otherwise im willing to gropu with any friends from Starsider and head to a new server :D. I'm so psyched about it.

We (as in the LFN Network) will be posting a statement about SWGEmu shortly. Lucasarts have brought it to our attention.

The whole idea is VERY exciting and expect full updates from us shortly. Naturally, if any of you out there are coders - PLEASE lend your support.

DMUK

... WHAT? LUCASARTS ACCEPTS IT?? O_O but they made NGE, what... im confused. Are you doing a late aprils fool?

To answer rogue, i would say if Lucasarts is going to back it sure. If not and it continues the way it does, most servers will be free, of course donations always help for their maintenance. To answer Hugo. I'm sure at the end of the day they have seen the hype generated by the whole idea of pre-CU servers and have seen where they messed up.

I have the technical expertise of a 21st-century ape - I can do a little html, mostly by accident - so I can't be much actual help. But I will definitely keep an eye on how this goes. I'm pretty damn surprised that LA and SOE aren't getting in a huff about it... in fact, I'm inclined to disbelieve it entirely. They have only themselves to blame.

Hi, I'm Audune Ado'lynn at the SWGEmu forums.

Any and all talks we had with LA or SOE were deemed PRIVATE and that has not changed from what I've heard.

I have PM'ed the Forum Admin who has replyed on this topic asking that any information that LA be held until we (at SWGEmu.com) be notifyed of it first.

We have not heard of any "agreement" nor have we given one as of yet, if any.

i have bought an official swg emu disk and im really havin problems with it... is anyone playin EMU atm? if so could u plz help me by sendin me a pm?

There is no "Official" Emu disk out, and if you spent money on it, you were SCAMMED.

There is no IFs/Ands/Buts about it.

Dispute it to EBAY immediatly and get your money back. If you want a free copy, with free servers, free everything, go to http://www.swgemu.com and read the FAQ and read about setting up your client to connect to an Emulated server. There are many many posts on the boards that deal with this.

The ONLY official place you can get the SWGEmu from is http://www.swgemu.com

Period.

Hi, I'm Audune Ado'lynn at the SWGEmu forums.

Any and all talks we had with LA or SOE were deemed PRIVATE and that has not changed from what I've heard.

I have PM'ed the Forum Admin who has replyed on this topic asking that any information that LA be held until we (at SWGEmu.com) be notifyed of it first.

We have not heard of any "agreement" nor have we given one as of yet, if any.

So if it's true then how come the people from SWGEMU (points above) deny it. Also they never posted anything on their forums.. Wouldn't you think they would?

no, jedi will be back. what the EMU will do is it will utilize all of the patch.tre files that are up till patch 13. after this everything started going down hill. As of now the jedi path will once again be hologrinding. But if LucasArts is in fact backing up the EMU team like DMUK said, we can likely hope for a game we can all like. The EMU team is always listening to ideas on their forums. I haven't seen an organized Starsider server yet, but it would be nice. Otherwise im willing to gropu with any friends from Starsider and head to a new server :D. I'm so psyched about it.

And and your Starsider friends can join us. We have a nice amoutn of starsiderians (sp?) here at eXile as well as the home for sunrunner and Chilastra.

And we have a nice ampount of players form other servers as well.

they r making a whole new way of makin jedi i have read

Certain servers are doign different things

here at eXile the polls indicate the community wishes for pre-9 and hologrind.

yeah will it also be the same $15 a month i'm already paying?

No it is free

Donatiosn are appreciated but it is free.

cool so the profession trees will be back? :) including creature handler? and will the player bases be back?

Everything will be back and the same up to publish 13.. certain servers will make slight adjustments. Such as having a pre-9 system instead.

EDIT: Please keep it to 1 post - Jan!

The cool thing about it, is that people will be able to choose alot of the rulesets.

Be it everyone can start as Jedi, or the Hologrind, Village...or even a compleatly custom setup.

Real experimenting will come some time down the road about what we can unleash from the beast that is SWG.

wow....i can't wait. until then, i'll try not to pay too much attention! otherwise i'll get depressed for a whoooooooooole year or so. :(

but keep up the good work, you guys rock!

also a few more questions:

will the expansion packs be available? and will the 'new character enhancements' be included as well? or will it simply be, anything before pub13? either way.....can't wait!

right now far as i can tell its anything before pub 13. getting the JTL part to work will be even more time. what the emu team is doing is practically rebuilding, the only difference is they got a foundation to work off of. I'm sure they will work on the expansions being added at a later time. Personally i can live without an expansion if we just got the original back heh.

Archived