Home

SWGEmu...

lsniper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no "Official" Emu disk out, and if you spent money on it, you were SCAMMED.

There is no IFs/Ands/Buts about it.

Dispute it to EBAY immediatly and get your money back. If you want a free copy, with free servers, free everything, go to http://www.swgemu.com and read the FAQ and read about setting up your client to connect to an Emulated server. There are many many posts on the boards that deal with this.

The ONLY official place you can get the SWGEmu from is http://www.swgemu.com

Period.

nope... got it from one of the moderators on swgemu.com

Will the developers include some of the fixes that were made after pub 13? There were still problems with the game back then. One thing I do like about the NGE is the looting system, looting used to be so tedious.

However this all sounds amazing and I am extremely excited to hear this is going down. Keep up the good work! :)

-Gsccc

nope... got it from one of the moderators on swgemu.com

Lies. None of the devs or mods are distributing the cient, particularly not in disk form, and definetly not for a fee.

If you "bought" a disk purporting to contain the emu client, you were scammed and are an idiot.

You can download the client (and even the server binaries) at http://swgemumods.com. However, keep in mind that you actually have to have the IP for the server you would like to join before being able to login. It's not as simple as just downloading the files and clicking play.

all i can say is S...T....F.....U N00B

I rest my case

Ironic, considering the following:

i have bought an official swg emu disk and im really havin problems with it... is anyone playin EMU atm? if so could u plz help me by sendin me a pm?

The emu has never been for sale. The emu is not for sale. The emu will never be for sale. (I'm reiterating this because I don't want to see anyone get ripped off by attempting to buy something that is free.)

Why would you pay for an OPEN SOURCE PROJECT (I'm assuming you were one of the few who got suckered into buying the disks from that cat who made a listing on eBay)? And then call somebody trying to help you out a "noob"?

Thanks for letting me know that these forums are not worth coming back to.

I just registered on these forums a few days ago, and this is the first I've heard of this project - I think it sounds great, even though I didn't start playing SWG until after the NGE. I definitely want to check out SWGemu, because I am getting bored playing SOE's offering! (They should turn it into an offering.....................a burnt offering!! :lightning )

How close is the EMU team to having something that is playable?

They have something that is playable, however you can only walk around and warp around :p no fighting or shooting yet.

Ya I was playing it a bit today, can really only walk around, no skills work, no nothing, but supposedly they have combat working, it's just hasn't been pushed public yet.

Pre-Cu was good, and CU was good(problems like the economy was trashed, the lvl system didn't work, to many jedi, but it was balanced and it was fun) but SOE has to swing the nerf bat at everything and they ruined both many many times, they were ruining pre-cu even before it was gone, and then they were ruining CU before NGE came out, all they have to countless times is screw something up, then decide "oh well, it's f*cked so lets make a new system".

Ya I read that yesterday, I guess I should have posted it here. They said they have tonnes of CU files sitting around and could easily set up a CU emulator in under a week(depnding on how smooth stuff goes). While they have to remake alot of stuff for pre-cu because it no longer is around in game to be sniffed, but some stuff is which they keep working on.

Ya I read that yesterday, I guess I should have posted it here. They said they have tonnes of CU files sitting around and could easily set up a CU emulator in under a week(depnding on how smooth stuff goes). While they have to remake alot of stuff for pre-cu because it no longer is around in game to be sniffed, but some stuff is which they keep working on.

A WEEK?? O_O can we play CU in a WEEK? O_O

Archived