Home

NPC Idea Thread

This thread is for ideas that you guys would like me(or someone else) to add to NPCS...so far I have made stormtroopers duck when their enemy fires....and I would like to get some more ideas to try and add. It doesnt necessary have to be about stormtroopers...but I would like it to be at least around gun totin' NPCS.

Damn this could prove to be fun, well I'd love to have them run away from me when I run at swinging my saber them, or make them get knocked down when they fall from a great height.

Also make them aim a bit less ******* accurately.

@Maxstate: 1. Good idea...thats on my todo list now 2. make them get knocked down when they fall down high? 3. Alrighty.

@Wytchking: I hope to in the end make them work in teams(squads w/e) with formations...but dont know when I will know enough todo that...just think of the fun if they worked in squads(and they were smart)

The current NPC behavior for large falls is to crater and die. I'm not sure we need a intermediate behavior for medium distances.

As for running away from attacking jedi, I'd make sure there's a moral check instead of 100% occurance. I know there's already a moral check for running away so maybe you could just modify that behavior a bit. It might be easiest to make it so that gunner NPC's moral falls faster than normal when their buddies get killed by jedi attacks.

What kind of improvements?

Currently the bots constantly attack fake (I think thats right) and never kick

Never use guns or force powers (as I have already said in a different thread)

and their bot routing is fairly pathetic and very predictable with with the bots using only a few of the many routes through even the basic maps (though I was going to try and help correct that over my half term in a couple of days if my laptop holds together long enough)

As for futher ideas for the NPCs perhaps make some of the bounty hunter NPCs, for example, have a chance of running wjen you draw your lightsaber (alluding back to Kyle's comments in your initial force training)

Archived