Home

pros and cons

andipandy123

Graphics = 7

They're not the best, but on high settings, everything looks pretty smooth and detailed.

Gameplay = 8

One thing I don't like about the gameplay is the hit-and-run style you have to adopt to have a chance against lightsaber wielding opponents, but other than that, it's really good.

Story = 4

JA definitely has the worst story of any of the Jedi Knight games, but it's still very fun.

Multiplayer = 10

This is the most fun multiplayer game that I own. There aren't many map choices, but that's where mods come in handy.

Overall = 8

While it's not the best game of the JK series, I still think it's a must-buy for Star Wars gaming fans. There are so many mods to download, which really adds single-player replay value. Even if you don't like the single player very much, it's worth the money just for multiplayer.

So I say, "Yes, buy it!" :D

Its a good game, but personally i'd go for JK 2: Jedi Outcast (if you haven't already) - there is also a vast set of mods for this game which makes it even better! JA has a weak plot, which i felt dampened the overal effectiveness of the game, it simply didn't seem to 'flow' as well as it's predecessors; if you are to buy JA, download mods for it as the novelty will probably quickly diminish with the game (the multiplayer is quite excellent however).

Pros

• Graphics look spectacular compared to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • You can customize your character's appearance and hilt
  • In addition to a single lightsaber, you can also have dual sabers or a two-handed lightsaber
  • You get to choose which levels you do
  • Some mods for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast are compatible for this game
  • New multiplayer mods include power duels and siege
  • You get your lightsaber at the beginning

Cons

• Graphics probably aren't as appealing compared to today's standards
  • The only thing different hilts and characters do is change your appearance; nothing else.
  • Single player story is not that good
  • While most JKII:JO mods are compatible, a lot have missing textures
  • Most multiplayer servers are simply dueling or RPing
  • Guns have little use in single player
  • Some mods from JKII:JO aren't present like Holocron FFA and Jedi Master.

Graphics. They're pretty good for a game that's a few years old. But they're not really the point of the game.

Gameplay. Base JA (unmodded) is fun, but as EagerWeasel said, it does tend toward hit-and-run. There are mods that make it even more fun, and mods that remove the hit-and-run tactic. If this game lacks anything, it certainly isn't mods.

Story. One word: ugh. The main character has no personality at all. He (or she, as you shoose race and gender) acts like a robot. But Single Player isn't the point of the game.

Multiplayer. It is great. Really fun. Especially because of the mods. You have practically unlimited maps, with more being made constantly. Same goes for hilts, skins and models. You can dowload mods that change the gameplay so that it is more guns oriented, or has more complex saber combat, or no respawns (last man standing), etc.

Overall. A very good game that I would definitely recommend to anybody. (Unless they are an RTS person, or something like that.)

Oh, and ABCIMe123, I belive Holocron and Jedi Master are in the game. They just aren't present in the selection list. There are mods that put them there, but you don't need the mod to play on a server with one of those gametypes.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Aacademy are my favorite games. Buy both if you haven't done so. Both has addon SP levels and mods that keep the game alive. I've been playing a SP mod called Escape: Yavin 4 for Jedi Academy. It's as long (if not longer) than the original SP campaign. You're basically downloading a whole new game. There are 25 playable levels. There are 35 levels in all. 10 cinematic and 25 playable. 35 levels, 150000 brushes, 25000 lines of script, 40000 entities and 3000 hours of blood and sweat was put into EY:4 - The Lost Maps.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Escape_Yavin_IV_The_Lost_Maps;58958x#856009

Archived