Home

How many people are having fun here?

SilentScope001

I haven't posted much here but sometimes it's fun. Than there have also been moment where I really hated other persons. Especially in the thread about gay people that couldn't be openly gay if they were in the military. And what other people thought about gay people in the military.

And there also was a thread about religon where I think people would go real mad at me if I said what I wanted to say so I chimed in.

I have done some crazy stuff here, but I guess this will top everything else.

How many people are actually having fun in Kavar's Corner? Or how many people have became so stressed out and angry at everyone who disagrees with them that it is no longer is fun?

I like arguing because it is supposed to be fun and entertaining, but somehow, it seems to become much more harder for me to argue here in Kavar's Corner, due to much more heated arguments from both sides of the political spectrum.

This is just me, but my main goal is find out what people believe, and NOT to preach. You cannot convert anyone here to your viewpoint. However, I have a feeling everyone, even me, has forgotten this point and engaged ourselves in a useless quamire. I do fear it has gone a bit too heated in rhetoric, altough this may just be me who's worried.

It was the main reason I made this small RP. Prehaps we could have fun arguing if we were not arguing about anything really important.

I am not calling for anything drastic. What I want to know is this: How many people are having fun in Kavar's Corner?

"became so stressed out and angry at everyone who disagrees with them that it is no longer is fun?"

I think this is my perspective about everything LucasForums. Over the last four months, I have been distancing myself from the forums in general. Since I am no longer modding KotOR, I am becoming more aware about what goes on here. Every time I voice an opinion about something, the majority of the forumites try to slam my beliefs and perspective. Adding political and religious threads takes away the focal point of these forums. LucasForums is about Lucas Arts products in general. Many visitors find this location as a place to slam the United States, my religion, or political theology. Personally, they are taking away some of the reasons why I like this place. If I want to talk about politics, I go to a politically driven website. If I want to talk about religion, I would go to a religious based website. If I want to chat with people about Star Wars (or Lucas Arts) games and movies, I go to a forum or site that is geared towards those subjects. This site is slowly becoming something all together hidious. I do not go to a Lucas Arts website, so I can read thread headers that say, "Your religion this, your country that." If this site is slowly becoming a political and religious website, I think you should rename this site to something else. If you people want to come here and talk about Lucas Arts and Star Wars, the name LucasForums fits the concept perfectly.

It's hardly required that you go to Kavar's or the Senate, and there's plenty of Star Wars talk on the only-SW forums (lots on the offtopic forums too). I'm sorry that not everyone on the internet agrees with your political/religious philosophies, but you know, if you don't post them people won't comment on them.

If you mean that people in general are against them and their own opinions reflect that without any input from you, then I don't know what to say beyond "it's the internet." A great deal of people are young, and a lot of geeks (who make up most of the population on the internet after myspace & co) are not exactly friends with religion. They don't mind showing it, either. If that's bothersome to you, I'd suggest finding sites that are strictly single-topic and allow no user input. Probably hard to find now, with the Web 2.0 frenzy and all...

Lucasforums becoming altogether hideous? LOL! I'm afraid the internet as a whole must be a lvl 5000000 monster to you, then. :D

Myself, I come here for the interaction with the people. I don't necessarily agree or even like some people's opinions that I've heard voiced. Some of them I disagree with totally and believe the polar opposite. However, that's how people are - they don't just become single-topic zombies when they go to a forum like LF (that's too bad though because the zombie part would be cool). I don't really mind people being themselves, here or anywhere else. Better to know where the wasp is in the room, so to speak. ;)

IMO, it's more about how seriously you take people on here than anything. I don't take much seriously at all, IRL or on the internet. If I find myself getting angry, I just take a deep breath and think to myself: "Why the hell am I getting angry about this?" I usually can't come up with a good reason, so I go back to bashing the n00b who thinks consoles are great. :p As you can see, I've lasted quite a while. Perhaps a break might let you get back into it again; I've taken some breaks like that myself. I hope you come back though. :)

I'm afraid I just did it again, didn't I... :o

Source, I love ya like a brother, man, but if you don't want to see the religion/US bashing, don't stop in Kavar's. Kavar's was set up specifically to get the serious threads _out_ of Ahto so it wouldn't bug people there--hang out there instead, or in the Kotor-specific sections. No one has to click on any of the threads anywhere on these forums.

Besides, God's a big God. He can handle the religion bashing and work with it. I wouldn't be surprised if He was a little amused at some of the silly arguments we get into. No one can take your faith from you, certainly not anything said in these threads. So, I don't get _too_ worked up about most of the religious arguments.

US bashing--people can say whatever they want, but unless they can vote in the US and actually exercise that option, it doesn't matter now, does it? It's all just a bunch of pixels on a screen until you actually get into the voting booth and do something constructive.

We're a community of Star Wars fans, but we also have outside interests, and it's natural that we'd want to share discussion of things outside Star Wars with the friends we've gotten to know here. :)

If this place makes people too angry or stressed out, it's best to stay in other parts of the forum, or at least out of the threads that are causing the problems. We moderators are trying to keep things friendly here, though we will have people sharing their views with some level of passion from time to time. We'll deal with that.

It's interesting to me to see what people think. Having been in the military and exposed to a pretty good cross section of the people in the US I've been exposed to every type of opinion, though provoking comment, or retarded suggestion at one time or another.

There have even been some things said in some of the discussions here that have made me rethink my position on a couple of things. In short I think that this section was a really good idea and I look forward to future discussions.

I'm always having fun here. At least when I'm reading Achilles' posts. :)

Agreed.

I'm a fairly well read person, and most times I read/hear about Kavar's current event discussions before they are posted. I pretty rarely post my opinions, because either they're already being stated, or because R/L is being too overbearing for me to get into a discussion where I need to provide proof to defend my statements. (Although, I am thinking about resurrecting the Global Warming thread...)

Anyway, I find it very interesting to see the political standpoints most of you take. Almost every time I read a thread here, it makes me think about a topic, belief, or idea in a new light, which I find rewarding in itself. And yes, to me the friendly arguments are fun.

I can see how it is possible for some to become very focused on specific close-to-home arguments/discussions. On the other hand, becoming offended by others disagreeing with the viewpoints that are posted or getting angry at others for what they think seems pretty trivial to me. IMHO, there is almost always no malicious intent here, so that helps me take a metaphoric, or sometimes a literal, step back to calm myself if I get bothered. Of course, if this specific sub-forum is too stressful, there are other forums on the LF network that might be more fun.

Of course, flaming is a different story. It is inappropriate and unacceptable for adults (or young adults) to start name calling and insulting others when the purpose of this forum is to educate and discuss current events, viewpoints, and other serious topics in a mature manner.

_EW_

I like it but i only post in most threads once because someone will reply to one of mine and they make me just want to stab they're eyes out with spoons. So i retreat. Although mostly, topics have a massive american theme to them so i don't post simply because i don't understand.

I like it but i only post in most threads once because someone will reply to one of mine and they make me just want to stab they're eyes out with spoons. So i retreat.

Me too, I have a hard time reading peoples tones, meanings and sarcasm or whatever, you know, in my head everyones like your opinion = s#!t, but I know there just giving their own view :)

Archived