Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

Especially if Mass Effect comes out before you can even send it off.

I'll have the box to send to my 360 by next week. They said it should take 3-4 weeks for them to send me back my "new" console. So, once it November 20th comes around hopefully I'll have it buy then. Then, I'll be able to pick up Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4, when I get Mass Effect. And I'll be 17 by then, so if it goes well, I'll be a very man.

I guess now that I'm 360-less, I can play my Wii. Time to play Metroid Prime 3.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does the X360 even have the 3 red rings? it's like they knew it was going to break down and put it on there so that you know when they appeared, that X360 really sucks and that you need to waste time sending it in and stuff. on the other hand, the PS3 has no red rings of death or the like.

don't be mad, i j/k. i am expecting to get a 360 soon to play loads of Halo3 and other goodness

^^^ Yeah, I was ready to internet stomp-you-the-****-out.

And I'm not kidding, I would, lawl.

Anyway, my HDTV still isn't here after a week now. Expedited shipping, instant payment, and only LA to Seattle and it still isn't here. Hell, the ass hat never even sent me a shipping confirmation (he's a career re-seller, so I'm not thinking fraud). I'm starting to get really pissed off because I'm working my ass off every day at school and at work since Thursday to clear my day for some HD lovin', and I get home and every day it's the same: no TV.

why does the X360 even have the 3 red rings? it's like they knew it was going to break down and put it on there so that you know when they appeared, that X360 really sucks and that you need to waste time sending it in and stuff. on the other hand, the PS3 has no red rings of death or the like.

don't be mad, i j/k. i am expecting to get a 360 soon to play loads of Halo3 and other goodness

It doesn't have the 3 red rings. It also doesn't have, you know, fun.

:p

Guess what. The ****er with my TV hadn't even sent it yet. And by the looks of things decided to send it today but realized the TVs were ****ty, with a bunch of dead pixels. So he offered to sell me a new TV. A Sylvania 20" LCD TV. A P.O.S. TV with 4:3 screen ratio and no HD. And my ****ing TV costs $400 new, and he tried to give me a $300 TV at the same price. So I calmly told him to give me a god damn refund and 10 minutes later ordered the same TV on some other site.

So I ordered it last Monday. Expected it that Friday. Waited until next Tuesday, and have been told, 8 days later, that he doesn't have any good TVs and wants to downgrade me to a PIECE OF **** LCD 480p TV YOU CAN GET ON SALE AT WALMART FOR $250! I just hope that mother****er gives me my refund soon because I probably have less than $200 in my bank account now.

I've been bragging to my friends, "I got a HDTV, it's small, but it's real HD!" - "It should arrive tomorrow. Definitely." - "I got an awesome deal, so great!" Now I'm back to square one and won't be seeing it till at least Monday. Two weeks later. MOTHER ****ER.

Guess what. The ****er with my TV hadn't even sent it yet. And by the looks of things decided to send it today but realized the TVs were ****ty, with a bunch of dead pixels. So he offered to sell me a new TV. A Sylvania 20" LCD TV. A P.O.S. TV with 4:3 screen ratio and no HD. And my ****ing TV costs $400 new, and he tried to give me a $300 TV at the same price. So I calmly told him to give me a god damn refund and 10 minutes later ordered the same TV on some other site.

So I ordered it last Monday. Expected it that Friday. Waited until next Tuesday, and have been told, 8 days later, that he doesn't have any good TVs and wants to downgrade me to a PIECE OF **** LCD 480p TV YOU CAN GET ON SALE AT WALMART FOR $250! I just hope that mother****er gives me my refund soon because I probably have less than $200 in my bank account now.

I've been bragging to my friends, "I got a HDTV, it's small, but it's real HD!" - "It should arrive tomorrow. Definitely." - "I got an awesome deal, so great!" Now I'm back to square one and won't be seeing it till at least Monday. Two weeks later. MOTHER ****ER.

Yeah.... I use a 19 inch CRT with some discoloring in the bottom right and left corner of the screen and our family tv is a 31 inch block that my parents bought on sale at Aldi... I mean.... I guess it works but...

*Resets "Accident Free for __ Days" sign back to zero* T_T

Slightly better thing... My second TV has been shipped already. But it's on the other side of the country, so it'll take around a week, blarg.

I haven't gotten my refund back yet, but it may happen later, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S ALIVE!

The wallwart (the power block thingie) was dead, I tried a different External HDD power supply, they both had the same voltage and it turned on, I'm so relieved. That would have ruined my month. The thing had a 1 year warranty and was just about 3 months days old to the day (I kept the box and receipt, as I do with almost all of my big purchases).

I'm going to back-up my photos and stuff ASAP when I get back running again.

Phew....

I used a hack-saw and took apart the wall-wart. Apart I plugged it in and it works now... what the ****? So after some tinkering, the thing breaks again. I look closely at the circuit board and find that a pin was bent over and touching something. After giving myself some low level shocks to my hand... twice. I taped the mother shut and it should work now... until my house catches on fire, because I don't think this thing is really UL Listed anymore.

Well I've been having some pretty huge computer problems over the past week or so. It started out when Windows displayed an error before it booted "windows/system32/config/system is missing or corrupted.." blah blah. So after the repair process did no good I backed up all my files and reinstalled Windows. This worked for about a day and then I got a similar error that a .dll file was missing or corrupted.

Oh and in the process of installing Windows grub was erased so I can't get at Ubuntu either. I know I can reintall grub but I'll wait until I get Windows installed. So I have a 250gb hard drive on the way from newegg (only $65) but it won't be here till around Thursday. I've been booting off a live cd the past few days.

At least my problems hopefully will be solved by installing windows on this new hard drive but this all has been a real pain.

So I have a 250gb hard drive on the way from newegg (only $65) but it won't be here till around Thursday. I've been booting off a live cd the past few days.

As much as I love Newegg, I love living 10 minutes away from TigerDirect and 15 minutes away from Fry's even more :-D

I had a similar problem about a month ago and once I realized my only solution would be to get a new hard drive, I just ran over to TD and picked up a 250 GB SATA II drive for 70 bucks. And my problem was solved.

• 4 weeks later...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I slaughtered those weak and weezing,

Over many a quaint and curious matches of bloody gore,

While I fragged, owning noobs, suddenly there came a freezing,

As of some one gently crapping, crapping into my xbox's core.

`'Tis some RROD,' I muttered, `crapping into my xbox's core -

Only this, and nothing more.'

Archived