Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like someones been brainwashed.

Yeah, well, you're kinda right. I don't know the details, I just hear the stuff's bad for you. I heard that smoking it gives you lung cancer like 3 times faster than cigarettes or something, but I'm not about to cite my sources on that. All I know is that I'm not comfortable with anything that messes with your mind that much. It's still illegal here and I'm still not gonna touch the stuff.

Well for right now, only myself, Adonna (the other guildy that was on) and another guildy, Halfmad, know. Myself and Adonna because we were the ones that were on this morning, and Halfmad because he knows him IRL and can give us updates and keep an eye on him.

Right now I don't have any updates though.

<snip> I don't know the details, I just hear the stuff's bad for you. I heard that smoking it gives you lung cancer like 3 times faster than cigarettes or something, but I'm not about to cite my sources on that.
Something to do with the natural tar in the material--I myself have heard the same thing. Ditto for sources.

All I know is that I'm not comfortable with anything that messes with your mind that much. It's still illegal here and I'm still not gonna touch the stuff.

Hey, nothing wrong with wanting to be clean living and a straight thinker. To be honest, I used to do it, but just kinda stopped caring about it when it stopped being pleasurable. I didn't push and soon realized I didn't need it, so I just stopped. I have nothing against anyone who does it and hold nothing against those who don't either. It's your life.

Still, it does wonders for cancer patients on chemo--gives them munchies when they can't normally eat. Saves money on prescriptions, too. So there _is_ a legit use for it. :^)

Just got an update, Halfmad talked with Doks mom, who's currently talking with him right now, and tomorrow Half and two other guildies and IRL friends of Dok are going to go talk to him.

Hopefully they'll convince him to get some professional help.

Oh, almost forgot to mention. Went on vacation to Wyoming, the least populace state in America. It's basically the middle of no where except for the stunningly desolate landscapes along with a great pair of Grand Teton mountains and the biggest ****ing non-volcano in the world, Yellowstone...

Oh, the bad part, right. Anyway, a bright and sunny day on a rocky beach of a lake can lead to one thing: You know... throwing rocks at a boulder to make them explode while taking well-timed photos of them to get cool looking pictures. Right?

Anyway, first day was great. Second day I probably got hit by flak only once. But my dad decided to help in addition to my sister. And well, we all got carried away and started getting larger rocks. Then my dad takes a cantaloupe-sized rock and before I can go, "Eh, that's not a good idea, dad." He chucks it straight down on its face. And well, me sitting down on a rock around 8-10 feet away, I'm not very quick getting away.

It's pretty awesome having a violently spinning 10-15 pound rock basically float up into the air about 6 feet, just to land directly on my left knee-cap, bounce into my chest, off my hand, and finish by deflecting off the left side of my neck, below the ear. I freaking rolled with it, and my beloved camera never touched ground once. Yay. The first three days I had a mad limp, and around five days later it's still a little sore.

I was this close to visiting the hospital for the first time in my life for an injury (other than when I was very small, like <four years old). Road rash that removed the skin from my knees, twice, and the time I almost drove a mo-ped into my house via smashing the back sliding door. I've been pretty safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My new used car needs a new transmission.

• One of my good friends got into a horrible car accident in the rain. She had multiple orthopedic problems - broken toes, a broken ankle, a dislocated hip, etc, etc. Just got home after 2 weeks in the hospital, where I've been visiting her.

• My girlfriend and I started fighting. We've been dating for over 19 months, so I figured it was no big deal, a normal fight. But she recently moved ~3.5 hours away (with me to follow in about 7 months; we already had visits planned) and so it was a bit more stressful than we both anticipated.

• My aunt and uncle are separating and may be getting a divorce, causing a pretty large familial struggle.

• When I thought it couldn't get worse, my girlfriend decided that she "wasn't sure she could do this long distance thing."

• Now she wants us still to be best friends.

• I still love her.

• And my moving plans were mostly unrelated to her, so I'll still be moving to pretty much the same street where she lives in about 7 or so months.

• I have to work today.

Good two weeks :¬:

_EW_

^^^rofl

@ DarthAve: That is pretty rough. Rather unsettling to find after a period of time.

If experience has shown me anything, we all change a lot from 18 to 25 years old. So until both partners of a relationship of a couple are at least about that old, I would not count on someone else to hold steady. Especially if it were a question of whether or not that person will become a snake in the grass and do something like this.

Not saying don't live (by all means, *do* live), just in terms of expectations and human behavior this is usually what happens.

In a year you'll look back on this and see him for what he really is. And laugh when he comes trying to crawl back to you b/c she found someone 'better' than him. Wish you well.

^^^rofl

@ DarthAve: That is pretty rough. Rather unsettling to find after a period of time.

If experience has shown me anything, we all change a lot from 18 to 25 years old. So until both partners of a relationship of a couple are at least about that old, I would not count on someone else to hold steady. Especially if it were a question of whether or not that person will become a snake in the grass and do something like this.

Not saying don't live (by all means, *do* live), just in terms of expectations and human behavior this is usually what happens.

In a year you'll look back on this and see him for what he really is. And laugh when he comes trying to crawl back to you b/c she found someone 'better' than him. Wish you well.

Mm thanks. Everyone is wishing me better, but I saw it coming in some ways. I would describe the entire situation it occurred under, but that would take a wall of text and the swamp doesn't want to deal with my crap. I'm happy anyways, and pursuing someone now that I really do feel I have things in common with, and genuinely enjoy being around more than Darrell... =] I'm a strong lady, I made it.

Archived