Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

^^^ I was also hoping they'd leave that alone.

Probably the same reason as all its other franchises. Squeezing water (or blood) from stones. Content or dignity be damned.

In other bad news: Charlie the smoking chimp died recently.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/10/07/charlie-the-smoking.html

Old age.

Not that I necessarily promote cigarettes for chimps, but it's cool to see that humans aren't the only ones who can light up and then hide a pack of smokes. He will be missed.

• 3 weeks later...

So the first weekend after RB3 came out, I had a party for the game and tl;dr my disc got scratched inside the Xbox 360. EA will replace the game for $20, but I seem to have thrown out the receipt which you need to get a replacement.

Now tell me if you think this will work: Buy another copy of the game, photocopy the receipt to send to EA with my scratched disc, and then return the new copy. Really don't want to pay another $60 for this game.

Also if anyone wants to photocopy their receipt and send it to me, feel free, but I don't expect people to be comfortable with this.

My last rat died. Unusual cause crystalline buildup causing a blockage in his bladder, nothing anyone could do. Vet said this is unusual as it normally only happens to cats. We'll see, but there's a possibility this is unrecorded in the books--far as rats go anyways. That's great and all it may "contribute to science" or somesuch. Still, I miss my furry little pal. :( Sure is quiet now that he's gone.

Did you have the 360 standing up vertically and it got knocked over?
Late, but no, it did get moved though and that's why it got scratched. I actually got Best Buy to re-print the receipt for me and EA will be replacing it for free, just have to send my disc in still.

My Wii's disc drive died last week so I had to get Nintendo to repair it which cost me 120 aud... sucks that I had to pay for that kinda **** since they USED to offer lifetime warranties with their products... not any more though, bleah.

You can find details about this and stories of other peoples troubles with console and PC hardware in a discussion over at Twilight Lynk: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2010/11/22/dont-you-die-on-me-dealing-with-hardware-failures/

*shameless* :p

• 3 weeks later...

And it pours on...AGAIN!!

As you can recall (by going a page back), my house burned down over the summer; I'll not get into the drama involved with all of that as its been said.

So, my life gets worse. My fiance's brother, really the only one of her siblings who ever gave me a chance or the time of day, was killed in a hunting accident a few weeks ago (this was not posted at the time as I've had more important things to do...all things considered, I'm sure you all understand). Well, work decides that even though I've been with my wife-to-be for 8 years (and I'm only 25), since we're not married I can't take berievement (sp?), thus I am unable to spend that all important time with her and her family to help them cope. My time off? I happen to have the day after it happened off and spent the day getting drunk. And I was right back to work the day after. Thankfully, my GM isn't a dick (the decision to not let me go on berievement wasn't his, it was the owner's) and swapped a bunch of days out with me so I could be at the showing all day and attend the funeral.

Had he not, this next part would have happened sooner and they all knew it.

Well, just as we're all getting over that and things are returning to normal, I get fired from my long-time job this past Tuesday for 'threatening the integrity of the franchise'. Apparently, I said the wrong thing to the wrong person. Not that it matters, as someone had been spreading rumors abound of me cussing out employees and customers, sleeping on the job, and coming in to work drunk constantly. I figure the whole thing was just a convinient excuse for them to do what they've been wanting to do for awhile and ****-can my ill-tempered ass.

Merry Christmas!

• 3 months later...
My youngest son, Morgan, died on Christmas Day last year, aged 10 years.

I'm f*ckin' devastated. ;_;

Oh, how awful for you. I'm a mom. I can't imagine losing my children. May he rest in peace. I know there's little we can do to ease your heartache here, but know that Morgan and you are in our thoughts.

Having no children myself, I can't even begin to imagine how terrible that must feel. I hope Morgan's life was a happy one, and its ending painless. You have my condolences, and I hope that although you grieve, you don't let this destroy you the way I've seen too many good people be destroyed.

Thanks everyone, for your support. Really appreciate it.

Having no children myself, I can't even begin to imagine how terrible that must feel.

I've had bad times in my life, but this is by far the worst, and puts everything else in perspective. Feels like a piece of my soul's been ripped away, and it'll never heal.

I hope Morgan's life was a happy one, and its ending painless.

It was, on both counts.

You have my condolences, and I hope that although you grieve, you don't let this destroy you the way I've seen too many good people be destroyed.

Thanks. Still trying hard to come to terms with it, but there'll always be those niggling doubts that maybe we could have done more for him. Got to try and be strong for my wife and my other son.

Anyone who wants to know what happened to Morgan, just click the 'Imagination Unbound' link in my sig - I ditched my website to put up a brief memorial for him.

Archived