Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So some of you guys may have noticed, the thread I made about being a dad disappeared. I asked Jae to take it down for me and said I would explain what happened. Last weekend, the weekend of the 24th, my wife and I lost the baby. We're doing a lot better now, but we are still upset to a degree. Lauren is doing fine physically, it was just a pregnancy that wasn't meant to be. And we will still have children at some point, so you all have that to prepare for.

• 3 weeks later...

Two days ago I take hubby hospital to get the cast removed from his broken ankle and get a parking ticket, and this morning I leave the house to visit my parents and my car is clamped because my permit expired a few days ago. Had to wait an hour and half for them to come and remove it. Total damage = £150 FML

Two days ago I take hubby hospital to get the cast removed from his broken ankle and get a parking ticket, and this morning I leave the house to visit my parents and my car is clamped because my permit expired a few days ago. Had to wait an hour and half for them to come and remove it. Total damage = £150 FML

This is one of the reasons why I won't go to London. Ever, if I can avoid it.

As much as I love this city, I don't blame you. The streets are too narrow, there is too much traffic, speed bumps, pot holes, can't park anywhere, conjestion charge, red routes and to top it off petrol and insurance costs a fortune. Owning a car in London is a Joke.

So, one of my arch nemesis (obtained that title as he told many lies, trash talked, and generally made my family's life a living hell for quite some time) ended up in jail a few days ago for being accused of rape. Ends up he also has a pending similar charge in another state. However, yesterday (or day before?) he hung himself while in jail, leaving behind his wife and four kids.

I'm not sure what to feel about the situation. I'm glad this will somewhat clear my family name, but at the same time...a loss of life is a horrible thing...not to mention 4 kids not going to have a father growing up, now.

He hated my family, that's for sure. I even had the police after me and have high suspicion that it was him scaring people around town...as the family who called the police on me were under his leadership. (I was innocent obviously and the police left me alone after a detective called me and I cleared things up.)

Why must people have an intent on destroying other people's lives? I'm glad this is all over, but like I said, it's no happy ending for anyone.

While my computer and my home network are back up...my system suffered a down due to a major malware infection. Without going into nauseating details someone on my end hadn't been careful. While I can take some of the blame, this other person's actions brought it down crashing and burning. Ah yes, and we have cyber stalkers too. Wonderful.

@Stormy: OH dang. I'm sorry man. I can't imagine what you're going through. May you be blessed with good fortune for the rest of your life.

@ Dath: I'm sorry for your loss. A miscarriage is devastating turn of events. Best of luck.

Sadly, I think what I just wrote on a different forum fits here too well:

As I'm supposed to be writing a paper for class right now, at 5:54 A.M., I'm instead thinking about something fairly sad that happened this weekend - the first person from my graduating class of 2007 died. He was killed by an IED in Afghanistan, during a night mission on Friday.

I was home from college for Memorial Day weekend, and got a call from one of my best friends telling me what happened, and how Facebook had exploded.

Now I didn't talk to this guy since maybe elementary or middle school (we were kind of in entirely different crowds). I remember him as a hilarious guy who used to get sent out in the hallway for cracking too many jokes.

Unfortunately, there were a few people who didn't think very highly of him - he had a reputation in high school as being the poster child for jocks - ice hockey, football, and lacrosse. But from what I gathered from lots of discussions/reading, the guy was really chill, pretty friendly, a funny guy, and was a good friend. Not to mention - he was a human being. I genuinely wish I had known him better.

We had a candlelight vigil for him on Sunday night at our high school's football field, and man, it was weird to see so many people I hadn't seen in 3-4 years. Unfortunate circumstances for a reunion, really. It was a strong showing, and it was a bit disconcerting to see so many "macho" former jocks crying.

But this has just, y'know, put some perspective on life a bit. Guy was 22 years old. His last Facebook status was something about him hating sandstorms and wanting to go back home - he had plans to return in July to visit friends/family, and his sister's birthday was coming up. He and his best friend had also traded wall posts, and his last one mentioned how he missed his friend and how he was scared out there in Afghanistan, and couldn't wait to get back.

Also, as I stated before, this weekend was Memorial Day (Monday) weekend, which makes it all the more disconcerting.

That's some serious tragedy, and it managed to make everyone I talked to reflect on their prior opinions of the guy and their general attitude towards...life, I guess. A lot of us just didn't know what to think. Here's the article about the guy, if any are interested (the article is incorrect in calling it a landmine - that was the initial rumor, the DoD clarified in a press release):

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/5042397

Anything like this/first deaths in the high school class happen to any of you, resulting in all kinds of introspection?

- PR-0927

StormHammer, Dath - really sorry to hear that guys. Keep your heads up.

- PR-0927

• 3 weeks later...

Dath, if I could hug you, man, you know I'd do it. The first time we tried for a kid, my wife miscarried, so we know what you're going through. Give it time, be strong, and you will be parents some day. The best of luck to you both.

Meanwhile the Grim Reaper's doing over-time in my part of the world. My father died on 25th May, and my uncle (his brother) died a few weeks prior to that, both from cancer.

I just don't know - or care to know - what's going to happen next, at this point. Ever get the feeling the cards are stacked against you?

No matter what happens, now or in the future, just remember this:

"Every hour of every day is worth living, so live it well."

Cos you never know when your time's up, so make the best of the time you have, and never give in. Morgan's fight for life taught me that. Never give in, never hold back, and be what you want to be.

Bless you all.

• 4 weeks later...

My sister was in a car accident today on her way to work. She's okay but she got a minor whiplash. It happens the worst at left hand turns on busy highways, like such where there is no turnouts, literally a precarious left through a break in the double yellow line. No highway signs nor lights. No less on a rightward turning curve at the top so you can't see anyone in the other lane 'till they are right there and you just have to wait. People behind can see and you would think SHOULD see. So...

She had gotten to the top of this particular hill, turned on her signal way in advance. She finally slowed down to a stop. As she was waiting it happened. The person behind her was fine for the slowdown. It was the person 2 cars back not paying attention to anything.

So the car 2 back ran into the second car, which kept going and hit my sister's car.

I hope the others are all right since they were in the worst of it. My sister is in the hospital right now and has been since 10:30am this morning. It is now 3:27pm my time.

• 5 months later...

^^^XD Too bad I didn't come back and look at that sooner. That woulda cheered me up at the moment.

Well, I would not say this is terrible but I recently discovered I am lactose intolerant. >_<

At first it didn't bother me switching to soy milk for my cereal in the morning. Unfortunately what this means is I have to avoid some of my favorite ice cream, cheesecake, the fried fried ice cream at a certain Japanese restaurant I go to.

But what pisses me off most of all, is I have to avoid cheese. >_>

...unless I want to make an emergency trip to the toilet half an hour later.

At least NOW I figured out why it would happen at odd times.

Might also have a case of acid reflux. Currently it's a matter of wrestling down my soda addiction to see if these spells aren't being caused by my diet.

Dammit. This kind of crap happening is for old people. I'm not that old!

Anybody else here have lactose intolerance?

My grandma, Carol Schanbacher died at around 8:30am this morning in California. She lost her second bout with cancer. Beyond the obvious feelings, what makes me feel terrible is that the plan was to call her to say goodbye sometime today. My mom made an emergency flight this morning but it seems that she was in the air while it happened. So I feel even worse for my mother... for both of her parents have passed away without her being able to be there.

My grandma, Carol Schanbacher died at around 8:30am this morning in California. She lost her second bout with cancer. Beyond the obvious feelings, what makes me feel terrible is that the plan was to call her to say goodbye sometime today. My mom made an emergency flight this morning but it seems that she was in the air while it happened. So I feel even worse for my mother... for both of her parents have passed away without her being able to be there.

:( that's awful. My condolences to you and your family.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Weather changes, because the barometric pressure agitates any injuries I may have at the time. Like right now my shoulder.

Election year politics.

Starbucks.

My great grandmother passed away this summer. She was 103. I'm happy for her but still, wish she could have had a little easier end. She fell and broke her hip at the ball joint. They were able to replace it surprisingly enough. But by then she was too old, too weak, to rehabilitate herself. She simply lost her will to live and stopped eating.

Still, at 103, that's an impressive life. Her sister died in 2004 at 102, and her brother sometime before that at 104.

Despite the fact I'm a basic auto mechanic now, I have a major service (90K-100K mile) I cannot do on my own car. So it'll cost $1000+ pretty much taking a $*** on most of the $$$ I saved up this year. Will I ever get out of here?

Some 3 weeks ago my mum's car got hit by a garbage truck while I was riding along. It was a slow moving accident. Scary how a 20 ton vehicle is so unstoppable even at just 15mph. Nobody injured thankfully and damage was moderate but not too awfully bad. The driver of the truck didn't see us before changing lanes. The car is still running seemingly fine but it's 10 years old and who knows what will go wrong besides needing new doors on the left side. And a little hammering on the wheel well.

The fact although I am a surrogate uncle to a couple kids, their mother won't talk to anyone around this town. Burned too many bridges apparently. Sure she talks to me via social networking, but it's all superficial. Asked me if I had a WoW account and if I wanted some instant lv 80 tickets. Seriously? I just hope to God she isn't neglecting those kids to play WoW all day. :(

My "slicK" MP3+video player is malfunctioning and I have data in there I forgot to back up....... because I'm a dumbass I guess.

Floaters in the eye normally aren't a big deal but I have so many of them and they're so pronounced it is starting to cause problems though this same eye is also seeing a semi-double. Field of vision has a noticeable region getting fuzzy around the edges of objects and lights as well.

Certainly re-evaluating getting those sith eye contact lenses for Halloween now.

• 2 months later...

And now.....a rant to clear my thoughts...

For many years I have been a LOYAL customer of Amazon.com, and I am even an Amazon.prime member.

Over the past couple of days Christmas came and went, Santa brings me a new computer with a new OS, Windows 8. I am no stranger to having a new OS. I have had pcs that ran Windows ME, XP, XP pro, Vista Home, (never owned Windows 7...sorry). While I still carry a torch for XP, the last best OS ever made....I still have to deal with the fact that Microjunk is going to keep changing the script so they can get the rest of your money. Now days unless you build your own PC, you get very little choice in your OS, if buying a pc off the shelf.

Anyways, I am not complaining about the OS itself. It is what it is. What I AM complaining about is the compatibility issues. Mind you, Windows 8 has not been out that long, however we ALL KNEW it was coming. Apparently, Amazon.com did not get the memo. If you go browse the site right now, I want you to look at a couple of things. In particular anything related to pc downloads. First look up about 3 PC games and tell me how many of them are Windows 8 compatible. Next, go the mp3 section, and look up the amazon.com downloader which is REQUIRED in order to purchase and download mp3s. You will note, that the one device that is required in order to put your purchased media onto your computer also, does not support Windows 8. Just as a goof I decided to download it anyway to see if it might work, and of course there is compatibility issues. No surprise there. So now all of my amazon downloads from the past year, are stuck in virtual cloud space. Thankfully most of them are already on my iphone, but I shant be buying anymore mp3s from there any time soon.

This would probably not be a big deal, but Itunes is running fine with Windows 8. So is Star Wars TOR, and Star Trek Online.

So point is this, other people saw the writing on the wall, made modifications, and made sure things worked for us unfortunate Windows 8 owners. What excuse does Amazon have? I have already sent them an email about my frustration with not being able to purchase anything off the site unless it is stuff for my Kindle fire. Here is to keeping up with the times...

Archived