Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got stabbed in the back in the worst way by my best friend of 20 years. MIND YOU, I'm 24.

Just that sentence is enough to let me know that is ****ed up. Sorry to hear that, whatever it may be.

I'm not a Trekkie. I've seen all of the movies and a bunch of the TV episodes here and there, but I've never really gotten seriously into the series.

I loved the new film.

JJ Abrams managed to not only create a movie that was fast paced and entertaining, but had intense character and story development. I thought Zachary Quinto was a phenomenal choice for Spock, and I love the direction that JJ Abrams is taking the series.

I know it's new, I know it's different, and I know that most classic fans won't approve, but I think that Abrams has revitalized a series that was long overdue for a comeback.

You know those dreams where something really cool and fortunate happens? You're like "finally, this or that happened, I'm so ****ing stoked right now." I had a really long and detailed one of those, from realization all the way to fulfillment.

Now, if you're familiar with all of that, then you know what one of the lamest and most disappointing moments you can have is that moment where one of your eyes finally pops open and you realize you're still in bed... I had the longest mental "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--" I could conjure up. Oh my god I was so disappointed.

Oh, and I'm not going to share what mine was about, it was just sorta lame... but really awesome to me.

You know those dreams where something really cool and fortunate happens? You're like "finally, this or that happened, I'm so ****ing stoked right now." I had a really long and detailed one of those, from realization all the way to fulfillment.

Now, if you're familiar with all of that, then you know what one of the lamest and most disappointing moments you can have is that moment where one of your eyes finally pops open and you realize you're still in bed... I had the longest mental "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--" I could conjure up. Oh my god I was so disappointed.

Oh, and I'm not going to share what mine was about, it was just sorta lame... but really awesome to me.

you had a wet dream?

You know, I was gonna say "it wasn't anything materialistic or perverted", but I suspected you'd pull out the "we never said it was like that, Thou dost protest too much, methinks." So either way, with you guys, I'm ****ed.

You know, I was gonna say "it wasn't anything materialistic or perverted", but I suspected you'd pull out the "we never said it was like that, Thou dost protest too much, methinks." So either way, with you guys, I'm ****ed.

We wouldn't say that, mostly because we're too illiterate to read Shakespeare. We would say something like "oh, so you like cock?" or perhaps if we felt witty, "oh, so you're a cock-chaser?"

See, because alliteration goes a long way in trying to sell a joke.

Well, after using four different specialized programs and around 3 days of work I've come to the conclusion that my "J" drive is corrupted beyond recovery... at least out of reach. After having trouble moving around a movie file or two from one partition to another my computer strangely froze several times. After hard restarting after the fifth or sixth time I lost the ability to view my J drive, a 1.1TB partition containing around 700+ gigs of videos, TV shows, movies, game installs and saves.

Thankfully, I made a nearly full copy of the drive about 4 months ago (or rather, I never deleted the original copy, from which I built onto until reaching the vast size it was until a few days ago) when I switched from external to internal hard drives (around 400+ gigs of stuff is backed up). And the other half of the 1.5TB hard drive, an approximately 400 gig large partition, was still undamaged, and I was able to update my backup.

And well, since my important files like school papers and all the photos I've taken with my cameras since early 2007 are safe. I'm taking this all in without as much concern as I'd assume I'd have in a situation like this. To be frank, a good proportion of us here are no strangers to Bit*****t sites, now, imagine losing everything you've ever hoarded. Then losing your game installs and saves.... kinda sucks. I'm gonna have fun downloading every Steam game again, that's for sure.

Well, I'm feeling a little (insert word that would best describe a person who isn't concerned for worldly possessions) right now about all this. I compare this to having my computer disappear and having to rebuild from a good base. So I'm not too bummed... oh s**t, I just remembered about my sister's Sims 2 saves, you know, 100+ hours of work now gone for her... well crap... Sims 3 comes out in a few weeks, I don't think she'll mind too much.

In hindsight, I realized I could have also backed up the J:\ drive just like I did with my K:\ drive, oh well.

And for s**ts and giggles, I think I'll pass over rebuilding with Vista and go for something more adventurous... So if anyone has anything to say about that idea, speak them here and soon, cause by this time tomorrow I plan to have Windows 7 up and running.

//Breakdown of my Ordeal

--200GB Hard Drive

200GB C:\ Drive "OS, almost all programs, most of my games"

--1.5TB Hard Drive

1.1TB J:\ Drive "Video, Video, and more Video and my newest games" <-- This one died

400GB K:\ Drive "All media and personal files (except Video)"

--700GB External Drive

700GB Y:\ Drive "Contains around 80% of the J:\ drive from 4 months ago"

--500GB External Drive

500GB X:\ Drive "Contains a copy of my K:\ drive from two days ago"

Okay, that's all... I really hope the hard drive is okay physically and it's just the stuff written on it is bad. Cause I don't want to replace a hard drive on top of all of this.

^DEEZAM! Somebody got F***ed over. Imagine paying for an antivirus subscription that failed to protect your laptop's HD. No help or coverage. :swear:

Such happened to my 2k3 Sony Vaio. Got a new HD, then my RAM decides it won't allow that OS to be installed again. Has self destruct built in for ghetto rig reset. So RAM got screwed over, and well...I just ain't felt inspiration to get it fixed. 'Till the ram replacements since. That was 3 years ago. When it subtotals >$200 for what 2G worht of RAMchips, I'll take.

A home built DC power supply caught on fire despite safeguards built in. Happens when you push the limits... Room stinks like burnt silicon.

ALSO: Just blew up 2 of my multimeters--happens when taking readings on a 220V line circuit. Luckily they were cheap.

Yeah, she sent an email to her students basically calling the dean (who originally sent the "zomg she has swine flu, okay, maybe... but probably, lol") a ****ing retard. She says she just has a bad flu and will be back on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^Ahh, should have savored the days where that was the worst of it. Meh, when it hits $1984.79, come talk to me. Most of that was either vets bills, meds for an ailing parent, car, groceries, etc. Not frivolous crap. OR when you have ~$4000 in debt for a new car. But I agree, indebtedness SUCKS.

Archived