Home

Rumours of a free transfer month

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

SOE Deadmeat replied to a post on the official forums about free character transfers, and it seems this is something SOE are planning for a promotion soon.

Would you transfer your toon? I would. My vet toon is on eclipse and its empty :(

Clicky

Wow, very interesting! I would certainly transfer my toon, Scylla is on it's last legs, and free transfers will certainly finish it off. I can see SWG Vet's claiming it's another SOE ploy to bring in players (probably is), but hey, the games slowly picking up. (IMO)

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think a free transfer like this, replaces a server merge possibly as it will make their life easier. I see no point in having so many servers - fine at launch but with a much smaller community, more populated servers is the way to go for all

Personally, i'd like to see the less populated servers have the upper hand on the transfers. However, this is SOE we are talking about, they may choose to only allow more populated servers, such as Ahazi, Bria, Chimera etc to transfer, hoping to raise numbers in light servers.

IF they do decide to go ahead with a new, free character transfer service, i'd put my money on Low populated servers only. As Darth quite rightly said, it would save a server merge for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

lol no man, I want Bria and StarSider to really get populated even more. Even though they have heavy populations...

Why give it only to high population servers? It doesnt make sense. Give it to everyone or the low population servers. People are looking for servers with HIGH populations. More people=Better Economy+More PvP+more low levels=better server. :)

Archived