Home

Dark Forces mouse sensitivity trouble

LogicDeLuxe

German Version. No emulators used. System: DFI mainboard k6bv3+, Pentium 200mmx, 64MB SD-RAM, Terratec Maestro 32 sound card, 16x DVD-ROM, Serial 3-button-mouse, MS-DOS 7.1.

The problem I have is, that mouse turning is much more sensitive than strafing, ie. moving the mouse aproximately one cm turns the character 360 degree, while I have to move my mouse across the entire table to even strafe some steps.

I know, I had this trouble before, but I don't remember how I did solve this.

I know, there is a patch for the German version, though it seems to be quite buggy, thus half of the textures got garbled when I applied it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I had the same problem with the mouse sensitivity. My mouse is Logitech mx-518. There is the option to "map directly to axis value" in game's control menu.

- Without it my mouse was too slow no matter where the in game sensitivity slider was.

- With it my mouse was too fast no matter where the slider was.

Logitech Setpoint software solved the problem. I just clicked some options here and there in Setpoint gaming performance menu and let it run in backround. I have the "map directly to axis value" option on and I have playable nice sensitivity now.

Archived