Home

Rundown of OJP 009v's pre-release tests (READ FOR GR8 JUSTICE!)

More:

-Hybrids should get a maximum of Absorb 2, this way they can not be totally forcewhored but they do have protection against force powers.

I think this would work out the best since push and pull are no longer enemies because of the shooting-from-the-ground skill, Grip and Lightning are the only things that gunners and hybrids should worry about. With Absorb 2 they can still play freely and not have to worry about them too much, but will still have to keep an eye open..

-Either make jetpack non-recharging or fix the physics for it. It's very lame and stupid to use and feels very "base-y". Also I would suggest making it cost a lot more and not letting FP/DP recharge while it's being used to avoid overuse of it. If every gunner has a jetpack the game stops being fun.

-Disable whatever you guys enabled for my points to keep adding themselves up.

When I get enough points, the system takes the skillpoints out of one of my level 1 skills and uses it to upgrade another skill to level 3 or 2, and it also automatically updates all of my skills, this has to stop.

-We need some sort of barrier to provide a bigger achievement level for buying new skills. Ace doesn't like the idea of a "Level up" system, and I don't like the current system of update everything immediately, /kill and move on. I would like to see skills being buyable at ocassions where you have enough, like when you get every 10 skillpoints or so.

-Hybrids should get a maximum of Absorb 2, this way they can not be totally forcewhored but they do have protection against force powers.

I think this would work out the best since push and pull are no longer enemies because of the shooting-from-the-ground skill, Grip and Lightning are the only things that gunners and hybrids should worry about. With Absorb 2 they canstill play freely and not have to worry about them too much, but will stillhave to keep an eye open..

I don't think we need to do that. Gunners are just a vulnerable to MP as Jedi are, especially when using the clone rifle.

-Either make jetpack non-recharging or fix the physics for it. It's very lame and stupid to use and feels very "base-y". Also I would suggest making it cost a lot more and not letting FP/DP recharge while it's being used to avoid overuse of it. If every gunner has a jetpack the game stops being fun.

FP and DP shouldn't be regening while in midair anyway. :|

As for the jetpack, what kind of behavior would you guys like? I'm thinking short, quick bursts that make the player move very quickly in the commanded direction.

-Disable whatever you guys enabled for my points to keep adding themselves up.

When I get enough points, the system takes the skillpoints out of one of my level 1 skills and uses it to upgrade another skill to level 3 or 2, and it also automatically updates all of my skills, this has to stop.

What? I don't know what you're talking about. :|

-We need some sort of barrier to provide a bigger achievement level for buying new skills. Ace doesn't like the idea of a "Level up" system, and I don't like the current system of update everything immediately, /kill and move on. I would like to see skills being buyable at ocassions where you have enough, like when you get every 10 skillpoints or so.

I don't understand what you mean by "bigger achievement level"? Do you mean it's too easy to get powers at the moment? A lot of that is related to the starting experience point level. A LOT of people are setting it way higher than it should be.

I have noticed that there are ways to get a LOT of exp rather quickly. I haven't figured out a way around that yet. Probably by making the kill EXP higher and the DP EXP lower.

I don't think we need to do that. Gunners are just a vulnerable to MP as Jedi are, especially when using the clone rifle.

They aren't from what I've picked up in testing. And I'd rather have a jedi KNOW that their push will work rather than guessing how much mishap his opponent has, dude.

As for the jetpack, what kind of behavior would you guys like? I'm thinking short, quick bursts that make the player move very quickly in the commanded direction.

Sounds like a plan, much like the BF2 jetpacks for the darktroopers I hope. But it shouldn't be spammable.

What? I don't know what you're talking about. :|

Points auto-assign themselves for no reason!

I don't understand what you mean by "bigger achievement level"? Do you mean it's too easy to get powers at the moment? A lot of that is related to the starting experience point level. A LOT of people are setting it way higher than it should be.

It's like: "Oh I just killed this gunner and got some points for it, whooptydoo."

It should be: "Damn I've fought a lot and I've fought hard, I've more than earned my new powers!" </Jaden>

Just like in JKA you could only select weapons and force powers gradually throughout the game, that's something I want to see back. Dynamic updates are okay, but being able to get everything whenever and wherever is a tad silly.

I have noticed that there are ways to get a LOT of exp rather quickly. I haven't figured out a way around that yet. Probably by making the kill EXP higher and the DP EXP lower.

If this was a cvar I would set it to it's minimum. People don't respect their powers and gadgets and take a lot of things for granted.

For the jetpack, I'd say MB2 way (I know this is not moviebattles blablawhatever, yet their jetpack is pretty good).

To nerf hybrids, maybe make the allowed force power level be the current level of seeing, so to get absorb 3, you'd need seeing 3, which costs more points, points which won't be used in gunnery.

Still to nerf hybrids, what about my knockdown system I proposed a few weeks ago?

...Why do I have to keep saying this?

End the jetpack debate once and FOR ALL. Look at Promod 3. THAT is how it should be done: the jetpack is a simple high jump replacement with somewhat slower execution that strips you of any protection from push and pull you have while in use. This should not even be a discussion. JA's normal jetpack is an atrocity in comparison.

Next... I like absorb the way it is. It's not like I don't have to guess whether your DP is low enough for me to kill you with my rocket launcher when I fire.

There are A LOT of checks you need to know and take advantage of with a high absorb hybrid:

-Force to the back

-Force while jumping

-Force at low DP

-Force at low FP

-Force at High mishap

And any combinations hereof!

I don't mind it myself but more and more people are playing this game, how can those people really go by all of these checks with a 16 man TFFA server? It should be "YES OR NO" and not "No or maybe".

Edit: I have never tried the promod jetpack :(

Also noone likes blobs. Period. They take this extremely fun and complex system down to taping the spacebar and the right mouse button, quake style. 3 gunners working as a team with blobs is really all you need to win from anyone.

If you guys are going to hold on so vigorously to this POS blob then at least make an item that can recharge weapons. I liked the FM3 system very much opposed to their gameplay, most Euros say that ammo runs out too quickly and there is no way to get it back, not even to buy extra ammo and no recharge function, so that's a point we could look at too. It would certainly help gunners vs hybrids and jedi.. and if guns actually got small clips for starters but could be reloaded to a certain amount before being able to be reloaded again, that would be even more fun. We would have a mixoff between MB's reloading and JKA's.

Start a poll thread about removing blob. :)

As for ammo, it's normally not an issue for anything other than the heavy weapons, which is the way I like it. If players are running out of ammo, it means they took too many heavy weapons and not enough of the standard weapons like the e11, pistol, or bowcaster.

I'm saying that this is where my idea of additions or improvements come in. We're forcing gunners with points to spend to take the heavier weapons if they want to be effective at killing. I say either we give the highleveled weapons a bit more 'system' to them or get more skills that enable the lower category of weapons to work more efficiently.

For what it's worth, I have to agree with Max: Light weapons are relatively ineffective, so you have to take a heavy one. With limited ammo, however, you have to purchase saber skills as well. I would offer two potential solutions:

1) keep gun and ammo pickups on the maps, but you cannot pick up the weapon/ammo unless you've already purchased it.

2) have an ammo pack purchase (6-8 pts). You use it like any other held device, but it reloads the weapon you are currently holding. Maybe you could put a 2-5 second delay on it to simulate re-loading (an reduce key-binding abuse). You could also limit the number of uses for each ammo pack

IMHO, as always

TB

2) have an ammo pack purchase (6-8 pts). You use it like any other held device, but it reloads the weapon you are currently holding. Maybe you could put a 2-5 second delay on it to simulate re-loading (an reduce key-binding abuse). You could also limit the number of uses for each ammo pack

TB

Lozzle!

This'n.

It's a old-school JKO mod. It had a rock, paper, scissors saber style balancing and had the saber system behavior be based on the player aimming at other players. Lath could probably tell you more.

A lot of people liked it, but the author had a bit of stress meltdown and quit the scene.

Archived