Home

Mandalorian Wars: The Jedi Torn

((OOC: Ah... how I love co-postiness. :) Thanks, StarMark2k! ))

“This is Jedi Knight Jesp to the Republic commander of the commandeered Acadia Raider please respond.” Castov asked through his communications console.
“Sarge?” said the marine at the comm station. “I’m receiving a message from one of the Jedi fighters. He’s asking for the Republic commander of the Acadia Raider.”

The sergeant turned and grinned tongue-in-cheek at Lake. “That would be you, if I’m not mistaken.”

“Well, patch me in,” Lake replied coolly. She hit the com button near her nav station and listened to the repeated message from Jesp, then said, “This is Jedi Commander Lake Kiel of the Acadia Raider,” she said. “Go ahead, Jesp.”

"I need you two do me a favour, Kiel," Castov responded.

Lake grinned. "Does it involve explosions and flying debris?"

"No, that would be the opposite of what I need," Jesp informed her. "Do you have any ion batteries on that thing of yours?"

Lake cocked an eyebrow as she surveyed the controls around her. “Ye-eaah,” she said slowly. “Why?”

"I need you to fire an ion burst at the hanger of the Astral Eclipse," Castov confidantly asked.

“You having problems with your ship?” Lake asked, slightly confused. “I can open up our bays if you are.”

"That's a negative," Castov replied. "I'm on a search and rescue mission, and the damsel in distress is on board that ship.”

Lake blinked and looked over at her sergeant. “And you called me reckless,” she said quietly to him. The sergeant smirked. Back on the comm, Lake said, “I’m on it, Jesp. But let me try the back door first before we go charging through the front. Two secs.”

She looked up the secure frequency for the Astral Eclipse, then switched com channels to mimic one of the Mandalorian’s fighters. “Priority channel zero zero one. Request Astral Eclipse open port hangers for emergency landing.” And the she waited for a response.

"This is the Astral Eclipse. Turn back Pilot, we have been ordered to accept no incoming Spacecraft," the mandalorian officer replied in a heartless tone.

“Typical,” Lake sighed off comm. “Weps?” She turned to the marine at the weapons station. “Target an ion burst on the port hanger bay of the Astral Eclipse.” Switching channels to Jesp again, she said, “Well, we did ask nicely, but it’s a no go. Targeting hanger bay as requested. Kiel out.”

She nodded to the marine at the weapons station. “Fire.”

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lux felt as if he was in a child's amusement park ride, the one which spun in a circle ridiculously fast. He had never understood the appeal of the ride and the fact that he was spinning around fast enough to induce nausea wasn't helping his comprehension. Jamming his control stick to the side to keep the broken fighter on its course, he sat back and closed his eyes, immersing himself in the Force. First, he steadied his own internal equilibrium, otherwise he probably would have thrown up. Once he accomplished that, he reached out to his surroundings outside his fighter. He could sense the hangar bay approaching rapidly; it was probably no more than a few hundred klicks away. Gotta think fast... He quickly stretched his Force sense into the hangar, trying to get a handle on what was happening inside. The presences of the numerous troops doing battle flooded into his mind. He didn't need the Force to tell him that the ones closest to the hangar doors were the Mandalorians; they were probably a boarding party, trying to bully their way into the ship.

"Let's see if I can't throw a bit of dirt in yer eye," Lux whispered aloud as he focused his mind. Telekinesis wasn't his strongest subject at the Academy, but he held his own. Using the Force, he made minute adjustments to his starfighter's spin, then waited the few inexorable seconds until he breached the doors.

As he crossed the threshold, his fighter skidded along the metal causeway, knocking over several Mandalorian warriors and droids. The spin actually helped Lux's cause; his fighter became a whirling dervish of death. A few seconds before it slammed itself into the far wall, (taking several more Mandalorians with it), Lux opened his eyes and hit the hatch release. His canopy popped open and his somersaulted out, lightsaber already lit and in hand. He landed on both feet in the middle of a Mandalorian bulkhead. The surprised soldiers stood speechless for a few moments, just staring at him, which was all the time he needed.

"Evenin' gents," he said as he rushed forward, his lightsaber blazing.

Death reigned as Truth and his special operations team cut a bloody swath through the Mandolorian command post. It had been a simple matter for him and to sneak into the hanger, as there were dozens of large ventilation shafts that lead there. The part of sneaking up on the Mandolorians was more difficult with guards all over the place, but advanced stealth generators made up for that. The part of killing them all was the most interesting, as all the participants were finding out.

A Mandolorian, a veteran judging by the insignia on his helmet, approached Truth among the chaos with two vibroblades in hand and bellowed “Come and face me like a warrior, Jedi.”

Truth turned to face the veteran and replied “No, as that would not be plausible at moment.”

Then Truth leapt at the veteran, who in turn brought his own blades to meet Truth’s flurry. The veteran was good: he was able to block the first of Truth’s strikes. However, he was not good enough to stop the second, the third, and the fourth strikes. The second strike took off his right arm, the third his left arm and the fourth his head so that he literally fell to pieces. Then Truth walked over the body of the veteran without second thought, taking notice that his team had made a defensive perimeter around the command post, putting down any enemy troops that got too close.

The Mandolorians were leaderless and now under heavy attack from the force that Truth had lying in wait He had most of his personal to retreat deep into the ship while his special operations teams lie in wait in key choke points. When the Mandolorians got in deep enough, he gave the order for areas of the ship to be depressurized for a few moments before allowing it to pressurize again so his troops could move through with ease and retaliate. Then his already-stationed spec. ops. teams came out of their wait and caught the Mandolorians off guard while they attempted to regroup.

“This is the Bridge to General Truth: All the Mandolorians have been driven back to the hanger and our troops are now attacking their front line. Though it appears they are disorganized, they are still putting up more than a fight for our men. Please advise.” The com unit on Truth’s person spat out rather quickly, suggesting uneasiness.

“This is General Truth to the Bridge: Activate our Assault Droids and have them assist the troops. We will proceed to disrupt the enemy from behind their line,” Truth replied and then, turning to the leader of the team, ordered “Have four of your men commandeer those fighters nearby and have the snipers take out any man-launchers with a Beam Rifle. The rest are to remain here and defend this post.”

“Affirmative, Sir.” The leader replied and then began to shout out orders to his men as Truth took a moment to analyze the remaining Mandolorian force. They were outnumbered, and soon to be outgunned. Cornered rats always fought the hardest, and Truth didn’t want to waste any men that would come in good use on the surface of the planet. So his plan was simple: Overwhelm them with firepower, not numbers.

Each blasts of the ion cannons from Lake’s recently acquired capital ship impacted the shields protecting the hanger. Jesp accelerated to full speed as he noticed the atmosphere begin to escape the ship, this meant that the blast doors would soon close to hold it in. His engines burned brighter than all the blasts that were being fired between the two fleets as he hit maximum velocity.

The blast doors began to drop from the top of the hanger entrance and when they were halfway down Jesp managed to enter the ship. As the thick metal door slammed against the hanger floor CJ realised that the hanger wasn’t as long as he expected, even with reverse thrust on fall he would never slow down in time. The Jedi hit the emergency canopy release sending it flying up into the air, Jesp quickly un-strapped himself from the pilots seat and jumped out of the rapidly moving vehicle.

As he flew through the air he noticed two Mandalorians, they were both getting up from obviously being thrown when the atmosphere was being sucked out. Jesp used the force to help guide his fall so he would land between the two of them. Castov took out his lightsaber and ignited it and held it so the blade pointed downward. As the Mandalorians righted themselves Jesp came down and stabbed the first Mandalorian in the back, the blade went right down through the top of the back and came out of his stomach. Jesp then pulled the blade out and then flipped it before thrusting the yellow bade backwards impaling it through the second Mandalorians chest. Jesp deactivated his weapon as both of the Mandalorians fell to the floor bleeding and dead.

“Huh, I’m surprised I pulled that off.” CJ said surprised at his own skill.

Suddenly a large explosion sounded from behind Castov, it didn’t take him long to workout that it was the sound of his fighter meeting it’s inevitable collision course with the hangers back wall. The explosion caused a loud siren to sound and set off a flashing red light. Jesp then noticed that all the entrances to the hanger were beginning to close; the hanger was being put under lockdown.

Castov began to run using every ounce of strength he had along with the force to get through the door before it sealed. As he got close he began to skid feet first at the door as it had gotten too low for him two run through, as he slid under the door he dropped his lightsaber. The slight moment of panic he felt from losing his weapon was interrupted by the fact that he had just stopped sliding at the feet of three Mandalorians.

“Oh Come on!” Castov exclaimed. “This is not the plan!”

The Mandalorians all looked down at him and went to grab their weapons. Jesp turned on to his stomach and kicked his leg out at one of the Mandalorian’s, taking the feet from under him and knocking him to the floor. CJ held his hand out using the force to bring his lightsaber to it, the hilt flew towards Jesp and he gripped. Jesp then used the force once again to push him self high up into the air, he did a back flip and landed on the fallen Mandalorian’s chest. Igniting his lightsaber once again Jesp swung his weapon horizontally across the two standing Mandalorian’s midsections. He then flipped his blade to point downwards and stabbed the remaining Mandalorian in the neck.

Pallas watched in amusement as Lux somersaulted out of his starfighter and right into the fray, taking on several Mandalorians at once. She turned to Assant. "Commander," she started, but he held up a hand.

"I know, ma'am," he said with a bemused look. He grabbed his comlink and yelled, "All troops, suppressive fire around our incoming Jedi!"

Pallas allowed herself a small smile as she moved forward to the front lines again, her fire team still in tow. The pain from the wound in her abdomen was still throbbing, but she used the Force to push it aside.

Her lieutenant was the perceptive type, however. "Ma'am? I don't think you should press forward in your condition. More Jedi are incoming and you'll need a medic soon."

She cast a glance at him over her shoulder. "I wasn't aware you had a medical doctorate, Lieutenant," she told him. "I thank you for your concern, but I'll live, I promise you."

The young officer sighed as he and his team laid down suppressive fire.

He has a good heart, Pallas thought as she cut a swath through the Mandalorian lines, making her way towards Lux. "Once this battle is over and we're all happy and whole, you can take me to as many medics as you like, Lieutenant," she said.

"I like the sound of that," he responded.

"I thought you might."

Anya swooped smoothly in with her fighter, running into no disturbance as she came to a smooth, dainty landing in the hangar. The landing gears engaged as the ship bounced lightly to a stop. As the hatch popped, she disengaged the seat restraints and catapulted over the side of the ship, landing on the balls of her feet and drawing her saber, the blade activating with a snap-hiss.

She was just in time to catch sight of Lux sumersaulting out of his ruined fighter, his yellow blade bluring into arcs as he started cutting through the Mandalorian lines with all the ferocity of a Tatooine sandstorm.

"Show off." she muttered.

It wasn't long before the Mandalorians who weren't totally preoccupied by Lux noticed her and opened fire. Knowing that her time as a spectator was at an end, she flashed into action, deflecting the blaster bolts as she practically flew across the room until the Mandys were within range of her amber blade.

Lux twirled his lightsaber around his body, the aureate blade deflecting a myriad of blaster bolts. About a dozen enemy warriors and battle droids had fallen to it before the Mandalorians got their act together and started shooting at Lux in earnest. The mercenary soldiers were no slouches as they gave Lux a run for his credit chips, making him dance and weave to avoid and deflect their well-placed shots. Still, they were no match for the Jedi and with Anya and Pallas closing in on his position, it would only be a matter of time before the Mandalorians were defeated.

Backing up, he caught an overhead vibrosword slash on his left Echani wrist shield, then answered with a slash of his own to his assailant's chest. The Mandalorian warrior cried out, then crumpled to the ground in a heap. Lux exhaled, then glanced over his shoulder as he felt a familiar presence in the Force. "I thought you didn't like fighting, Pallasyndra," he told the silver-haired woman as a way of greeting.

“We’ve got the rest of the ship on lockdown,” the marine sergeant reported to Lake, “but it won’t take the crew long to figure out how to reroute bridge control from here to auxiliary control,” the sergeant said.

“I’m more concerned about our other ‘friends’ out there. It won’t take them long to figure out we’re not who they think we are. Soon, we’ll either have to retreat or go on all out attack.”

“Sarge!” Another marine came up to Lake and the sergeant. He was grinning. “We’ve recovered some stealth field generators from the bridge lockers.”

“Well, great! Pass them out, private,” Lake replied. “We might need them later.”

“We might need them sooner than you think, Sarge.” The marine private sitting at the com station on the bridge of the commandeered Acadia Raider adjusted his earpiece and then frowned. “I’m receiving some enquiries on the comm from the other Mandy ships as to why we are firing at one of our own.”

Lake grinned. “Cease fire, and then tell them our navigation and targeting systems have been damaged and we’re attempting to rectify the situation. Then begin to target random enemy ships. Like those artillery carriers,” she suggested. “Take care not to target too close to where our fighters are though.”

Lake glanced at her sergeant. “Have your men finished downloading those command structure files the Admiral wanted?”

“Just about.”

“Tell them to hurry up.” Lake looked out through the view window. “We don’t have much time left.” She began to tap in some co-ordinates for a course change. “Helm? Change course for these co-ordinates I’m sending you. We need to stay away from the Astral Eclipse until Jesp has finished his ‘damsel in distress’ rescue.” She rolled her eyes at the notion of trying to rescue one wayward captive during the middle of a heated battle, but didn’t comment further.

The private at the helm frowned. “Commander, those co-ordinates are going to put us really close to the middle of your ‘traffic jam’.”

“Yep. Glad to see you’re paying attention.”

Several Mandalorian soldiers quick marched down the corridor towards the hanger deck, all available crew had been given one objective: Find the Jedi. After the Hanger lockdown a small team went to investigate and found five dead Mandalorian’s each killed by a lightsaber. The whole of the ship had been put into a lockdown limiting access between decks and with security personnel placed outside all sensitive areas.

The marching Mandalorians were on the Jedi trail until he seemed to have disappeared in to a dead end. If any of them had taken the initiative to look upwards, they may have noticed that a ventilation grate had been tampered with.

Castov looked down through a different Grate further down the corridor as the Mandalorians marched underneath him. He smiled as they all ran past the grate none the wiser that their target was less than a meter from them. CJ began to crawl through the ventilation system knowing that the Mandalorian lockdown fortunately didn’t include guarding every access to it.

It took the Jedi crawling through what felt like a mile of Metal piping before he finally managed to make his way to the ships brig. He used the force to unscrew the grate right above one of the empty cells and dropped down into it. He silently stepped to the doorway into the cell and pops his head out briefly to look down both sides of the corridor. CJ only saw two Guards one standing outside a cell, most likely to be the one with the prisoner and one walking up and down the corridor.

Jesp realised that he could probably take them both down at the same time when the patrolling Mandalorian walks past the sentry. He allowed the wandering guard to make his route several times just to ensure he could get his timing right. When the two Mandalorians were right next to each other Jesp jumped out of his empty cell and used the force to smash the two Mandalorians bodies together. Both the Mandalorians fell to the floor knock unconscious from the surprising blow they received.

Jesp stepped over the fallen Mandalorian bodies and hit the door release button by the cell he believed the diplomat’s daughter was in. The door slid open and Jesp stepped in to see a Teenage Twi’lek girl sitting on the cell’s bed. A look of confusion came across CJ’s face as he looked at the young Twi’lek.

“Well you’re a little short for a Mandalorian.” The Twi’lek said Looking CJ up and down. ((OCC: I know but I couldn’t resist))

“I’m a Jedi, and I was expecting an 8 year old human to rescue.” Jesp looked up stepping towards the young alien women.

“Sorry to disappoint, so how are you getting me off this heap.” She asked getting straight to the point.

“I still have to work that bit out.” Jesp replied completely unconfident.

“Great, all the Jedi who could rescue me and I get the incompetent one.” She said obviously annoyed.

“I work in the moment.” CJ defensively explained. “Now let’s get out of this cell.”

Jesp turned around and walked out of the small prison cell and out into the corridor, The diplomat’s daughter began to follow. On walking out CJ turned his head to the right and saw a large Mandalorian walking towards him, his armour only covered his torso to show off the bulging muscles on his arms. Castov held his hand out to stop the Twi’lek from leaving the cell to give him a chance to deal with the Mandalorian. The Large Mandalorian was almost twice the Jedi’s height and width, the Mandalorian smiled as he walked up to the smaller man.

“Well you’re a large bucket head.” Castov exclaimed as the Mandalorian stopped walking face to face (or more accurately chest to face) in front of the Jedi. "But you know hat they say. The bigger they are, the harder they…”

Castov quickly took out his lightsaber and held it above his head before activating it and swinging down at the Mandalorian. As his hand came down the Mandalorian raised his and grabbed the Jedi by the wrist, The Large Mandalorian began to twist Castov’s hand downwards forcing him to hunch down and drop his weapon.

“Hit Back!” The Mandalorian exclaimed as if finishing Jesp’s sentence for him. The Mandalorian rolled his other hand into a fist and punched the Jedi in the chest, the punches force sent Castov flying backwards down the corridor until he smacked into the back wall twelve meters away. Castov’s back left a dent in the metallic barrier as he fell on to the floor on his backside.

“Ohhh, It never goes to plan!”

"I thought you didn't like fighting, Pallasyndra."

"I don't, Vanas," Pallas replied, slicing through another Mandalorian assault droid to come up alongside Lux. "However, the Mandalorians seem to like it and I saw fit to accomodate them." She twirled her argent blade, redirecting several blaster bolts back towards their shooters. "It took you and Anya long enough to get here," she commented idly.

"Sir, 2 heavy bombers are In our back too" - The officer informed

"What? .... Damn, unlock the escape pod's now, we have No other choice they will destroy us, prepare the soldiers too, down there in Corellia there will be a battle field"-I commanded

"Yes Sir"- He then did as commanded and unlocked the space pods

"Ok , we will have time to have a nice little battle here with the ship in front , but as soon as dose In our back reach we are done , So prepare cannons and guns"- I commanded a soldier

"Yes Sir” He said and then by comlink he said "Soldiers, prepare for fight, prepare cannons, lasers and guns... activate the torrents" - He commanded

In that moment every soldier in my ship where at they’re position and ready for naval fight , then the mandalorian ship past right beside us .......

"SHOOT!!!!"-I ordered

Then gun shoots lasers and cannons started the fight, as soon that it reached the enemy ship they started shooting back .

"Sir, Our shields at 60% and lowering"-The Officer said

"Hold on!!"-I commanded

Then a great bomb hit us

"Damn, what was that!!!?...... Sir our shields lowered at 30%, the causes?, that bomb"- the Officer informed

"Damn, what was that?" - I asked

"Sir, the 2 heavy mandalorian ships, shooted us one of the bomb over shoot us, If it managed to hit us that one, we would already be dead "-A soldier said

"I will not take more chances, Inform all the republic ships at the battle field our failure, tell them we are escaping to the planet and we will await them there"-I ordered

"Yes , Sir" Then he opened the communication and informed "Captains and Generals of the republic , our ship "The Shield IV" have failed , we have been heavily damaged by enemies and we will escape to the planet of Corellia , we will await you there , In the battle field"-He then send’s the message

I then take the comlink and inform to the howl ship ,"Soldiers , abandon the ship , take with you blaster and get ready for combat as soon as we reach the planet , I want every body to be accompanied and ready in that escape pod , now leave"- I ordered

Then all of my man leaved the bridge and reached the escape pods, I then waited to every soldier to escape and I entered the last pod with 7 soldiers and 1 official.

"Guy’s, get ready down there aint gonna be easy, I hope each one of you are prepare "-Then a hit the escape button and as soon as we where shoot out of the ship in less than 7 seconds the ship exploited.........

"Let's see what await us...” I said

From his poistion in the cruiser which was unleashing hell on the ships caught in the traffic jam, he noticed the ship under Jedi controll straight into the Mandalorian traffic jam, he ordered the comm's officer aboard his ship to open a communications channel with Jedi Lake's commandeered Mandalorian vessel. "Errm Ms. Kiel, this Mignola Sapien here I couldn't help but your ship in travelling straight towards the traffic jam, care to explain why?" He asked kindly, talking through his mask.

On board the Acadia Raider, the marine private sitting at the com donned an amused grin. "Commander?" he said to Lake. "Jedi Mignola Sapien is on the com, and I believe he's observed our course change and is asking if you know where you are going."

Lake raised a single eyebrow then turned towards the private. "Oh? Does he think I'm lost?"

"I don't know, Commander." The private grinned broadly. "Shall I ask him?"

"No, I'll ask him myself." She routed her comlink through to the channel that Mike was on. "What's the matter, Mike?" she asked casually. "Do you think I'm lost out here?"

"Well the fact your ship is heading straight for a traffic jam containing several rather powerfull ships," Mike replied, smiling under his mask about her reply "And It might just be me but that's rather stupid unless you have some great plan."

Lake grinned. "You know me, Mike. Of course I have a plan. I always have a plan." She lowered her voice a notch. "They're not always great, but I always have one." The corner of her mouth twisted upwards. "I'm just trying to work out the fine details. You know, Mike, minor things like... like how my squad and I are going to disembark on our shuttle and escape the blast waves from the explosion."

"Oh, an explosion, should of known an explotion should have something to do with it," Mike said as he strached one of his tenticles with his left hand "Very well, we'll cover you. Just be carefull and don't shoot yourself in the foot, I heard the story about your first mission. Is there anything me and my lovely cruiser can do to help?"

Lake thought a moment. She looked at her sergeant, who, apparently thinking the same thing she was, nodded vigorously. "Yeah, Mike," Lake said into the com. "As a matter of fact there is. Think you can lay down some cover fire for us when we eventually bail out? Evading enemy fire in a shuttle while trying to outrun a blast wave really isn't my idea of fun."

The giant Mandalorian stomped over to where Castov had fallen on to the floor, Castov pulled himself to his feet and shook his head to get rid of the ringing in his ears. As the Mandalorian got closer Castov made a fist and leapt forward striking the Mandalorian hard in the face. The huge man took the punch like it was dealt from a small child and smiled at the smaller man.

“I thought you Jedi were suppose to be tough.” He exclaimed as he grabbed Castov by the throat and held his body against the wall.

As Castov began to choke he tried to gather what strength he could and used his fist to punch at the Mandalorians midsection. Castov let out a muffled yelp as his hand impacted the Mandalorian’s armour plating. CJ felt the air in his lungs slowly run out as the huge hands squeezed around his neck slowly taking life from his body. Jesp had almost given up hope when a hissing noise could be heard, the Mandalorian smiled and then fell to the floor in a heap. Castov followed his attacker to the ground and then looked up to see the Twi’lek prisoner holding his very own lightsaber. Looking back at the ground he saw the Mandalorian’s spine had a gaping hole where a lightsaber had been stabbed into it.

“Thanks.” Castov said gasping for air. “But when I tell the story of this rescue, I killed the big guy.”

Castov held his hand out and used the force to pull the lightsaber out of the young woman’s hand.

“Let’s keep escaping.”

"Could of falled me," Mike replied, regarding to her feelings about her quick escape "We'll cover you, signal us when your ready Lake, we're moving in poistion now so when you are ready to make your great escape, we'll be ready for you. Mike out."

"Mandalorian battle cruisers aren't exactly the easiest things to slip by." Anya said as she appeared at Lux's side, putting the blade of her saber through the visor of the Mandalorian troop coming up behind him before he had time to do it himself. Hardly pausing, she kicked the now-limp suit of fifty pound battle armor backwards, toppling onto his nearest companion and flooring him as well. She hardly paused as she whirled into action against another trooper off to her left, her back still to the other two Jedi.

"I only chanced upon the distress signal," she continued, "Lux was the one who pointed it out to me. As you -- can see," - she had to pause for breath after deflecting a lunge from a vibroblade and, using a combination of the force and the sword as leverage, delivered a kick to its owner's head that set its helmet ringing - "His fighter's a little -- banged up," - coming down from the kick, she landed in a crouch in time to kick the legs out from another Mandalorian, putting her lightsaber through the thick armor of his chest - "And he was looking for a safe place to put down."

Another vibrosword came down at her, its shining blade thirsting for the chance to cleave open her head. Grabbing her saber in both hands, she threw it up to catch the weapon and hold it at bay. Using one of her hands, she grabbed her assailant's gauntlet and twisted her full body - making it seem more like they were dancing, and he were spinning her, rather than fighting - and twisted his hand until he dropped the weapon to the ground with a clatter. Releasing his hand as her back faced him, she swung her saber back along her side to stab through his side. As he fell to the ground with a clatter, she put her foot under the blade he had dropped and flicked it up into the air. Catching it, she threw it like a javeline and - with the help of the Force - managed to put it through the shoulder of a Mandalorian that was creeping up behind Pallas.

Breathing a sigh, she stood straight and brushed a lock of stray hair out of her face, as if nothing had happened, giving Pallasyndra a nonchalant smile. "And so now we're here."

In that moment I then realise that General and felow jedi Tegan Marr had her ship close to our's.

"Redirect our trayectory,take us to Generals Marr ship"- I Ordered

"Yes,Sir"- He replied

"Send a massager and Inform them we are on our way to the ship"- I commanded

"Sir,Yes Sir"-a soldier said

Pallas was grateful for the appearance of the two younger Jedi Knights, as they were far more combat-oriented than she was. Together, the three of them carved their way into the Mandalorian lines, whittling down the enemy numbers until there were only a handful of soldiers left, clustered behind a prefabricated bunker.

Wiping her sweaty brow, Pallas frowned as her hand came away with a reddish tinge. "Damn," she swore as she, Lux and Anya stalked up to the last remaning Mandalorian bunker. "Will you surrender?" she called out. In response, a thermal detonator floated up over the bunker and towards the Jedi. Pallas sighed, catching the det in the air with the Force and sending it back. The Mandalorians scrambled out as the device exploded, destroying the bunker. Pallas strode up to the closest Mandalorian and placed the tip of her lit lightsaber at the soldier's neck. "How about now?" she asked.

The Mandalorian, who had scars running down his face, merely sneered at her. "You think you've won, Jedi."

Pallas glanced around, surveying the scene, then looked back down at he prone warrior. "Yeah," she said simply.

He spit on her boots. "Sure, just think that when you're all blasted to space dust," he said menacingly. Pallas raised an eyebrow, then reared back and kicked the Mandalorian square in the head, knocking him unconscious. As his body went limp, something rolled out of his newly unclenched fist. Bending down to pick it up, Pallas saw it was a timer of some sort, counting down. Suddenly, she knew.

"Lux, Anya," she called her fellow Jedi, a note of urgency in her voice. "We have a problem."

Castov and the young Twi’lek, Geonar Eldum, had gotten off of the Detention block and began their journey to the rear of the ship. Castov knew this class of ship well as it wasn’t Mandalorian in design but was built by the Zabrak and taken as a spoil of war. Castov was fortunate enough to have been assigned to a Zabrak master when he became a padawan, the master was also the Jedi Liaison assigned to Irodia for a year. While on Irodia CJ met many Zabrak including the now Admiral To’Knel and became immerse in there society, he found they were a race of soldiers but not like the bloodthirsty Mandalorians. They had a great navy but unfortunately were outmatched by the Mandalorian hordes that chose to attack the Irodian territories.

The prisoner and her rescuer were heading to the rear of the ship because Castov knew there would be escape pods that they could get off the ship in. He chose to take those ones as he could stop off at the engine rooms and leave the Mandies a little farewell present. They’d managed to evade those who were looking for them by sneaking along the corridors and diving into the rooms when they heard someone coming. This plan had worked out for the two of them and they had gotten all the way to the corridor leading in to the room. Only a single sentry droid stood guard outside the door and was easily disposed of with a quick through of his lightsaber.

CJ hacked the control panel to open the door no more than a few millimetres so he could peek through the gap. Jesp could see three Mandalorians working on the engines, all un-armoured and all occupied with keeping the engines running. Castov made a conscious decision to play this quietly, use stealth to take out each of the mechanics without the others noticing. Although he didn’t have a stealth belt on him he knew he had to try anyway, if just one of them noticed these Mandalorians wouldn’t fight they’d call for help and then that would serious hinder the escape.

"General Marr," the captain of the ship announced, "we are receiving a message from the young General Frederick Mejia. His ship has been destroyed and he's stuck in an escape pod."

"And he wants to join us," Tegan concluded. She sighed. "Open the hangar bay and tractor him in. But make it quick... we don't want to leave ourselves open too long."

In less than a minute, Mejia's escape pod was resting safely in the hangar bay.

"General Mejia, please report to the bridge," Tegan announced over the intercom. "And welcome aboard the Defiant."

Lux extinguished his lightsaber as he walked up to Pallas. "What's wrong?" he asked.

She turned and held up a small device with a red digital display. The numbers were counting down.

"Oh." He took the grenade-sized device out of her hand. "We should just toss this before..." He trailed off as his psychometry kicked in, flashing images before his eyes. A large black shape...blinking lights...lots of machinery... Lux blinked and shook his head, still clutching the timer.

Anya came up beside him. "What's going on?"

Rubbing his temple, he looked at her. "There's a gravity bomb on this ship. And it's set to explode in five minutes."

Archived