Home

Mandalorian Wars: The Jedi Torn

A tug on the face mask brought Kastul back to consciousness. The top of the box-like tank was open, with the good Doctor poking her head in.

"Sorry for the quick dunk, General, but we've got a number of soldiers with critical injuries incoming, and we need all the tanks we can get. Also, there's a briefing that's scheduled to start fairly soon."

Kastul nodded, then reached up and grasped the top of the tank, hauling himself out.

"I understand. The wounds seem to have closed up, mostly." Other than the two chunks out of his exoskeleton, the wounds had closed up.

"I think the rest of the Jedi are gathering, sir." One of the nurses handed him a pair of Kolto patches, which he promptly set on the wounds, then he pulled his crimson robes back on, and reattached his lightsaber to the belt.

"I appreciate it. I'm lucky, I probably wouldn't have survived that blaster shot without you."

He turned around and exited the infirmary and made for the 'Jedi Room', as they were informally known. If they were going to meet, this would be where. Deck Three.

The door slid open as he approached.

"So, what did I miss?"

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tegan Marr strode down a corridor on deck three, heading for the 'Jedi Room', an extremely subdued Korwin Vash following in complete silence. Toward the end of the fight, he'd slipped out of his room and taken a fighter from the hangar bay, plunging himself into the firefight as recklessly has he'd been about to send the Defiant before Tegan saved the day. Though he survived his reckless flight, his fighter was fully wrecked, as was his pride; Tegan gave him a sound verbal trouncing on sight.

Now Korwin followed Tegan meekly, again reminded to do his absolute best to stay on her good side. They entered the Jedi Room, looking much like a Master/Apprentice team, even if it was more a mother/son relationship Tegan had established. Just inside the door, Tegan glanced around to see who else was there.

Though she recognized a few faces, she could not pinpoint any she had become very acquainted with and she withdrew to one side of the room. Korwin still followed in silence, now very hesitant to do anything unless Tegan told him he could.

Castov watched the new comers walk into the room, being the liason for Reven withing the task force he was given reports and records on each of the Jedi within the Corellia task force. He hadn't met all the Jedi personally but he could recognise each and everyone of them. His Assignment meant he had to analise the Jedi and aid the admiral in the assignment of all jedi to the republic's missions.

While In the infirmary having his eye looked at by the doctors, he was given the mission reports from the republic officers who had served with the Jedi in the space battle. He knew how they all handled themselves, and had gotten a fair idea of their strenghs from both the reports he had been given.

Pallas entered the room, not expecting there to be too many of her comrades, but instead finding four of them. "Greetings," she said quietly as the doors slid shut behind her.

The door slid open as Kastul approached.

"So, what did I miss?"

"Hi." Castov greeted. "I hear you four were on Hydian Angel and got the brunt of the mandalorian boarders... Neo crusaders, I hear those guys are tougth"

((OCC- You guys never named the ship so i did:D.))

As I finished my job by fighting Mandalorians , I then knowing of the meeting returned to the ship.

"Let's see what awaits us"- I said

Then I arrived at the ship, left my ship at the hangar bridge and when directly to the "Jedi Room" where all the Jedi’s will meet

I entered the room and inside I saw Tegan and Kastul from "The Defiant"

"Greeting's fellow Jedi’s"- I said as I entered the room and seated at my seat.

"Hi." Castov greeted. "I hear you four were on Hydian Angel and got the brunt of the mandalorian boarders... Neo crusaders, I hear those guys are tough"

"Tough enough," Pallas agreed, feeling the cut on her cheek throb just a little. Striding over to where Lake sat, she took a seat on the mat next to the young Padawan, crossing her legs under her and placing her hands upturned on her knees. "I really should have left all the fighting to you younger Sentinels and Guardians. Mandalorians can be down right uncivilized."

Lake grinned at Pallas. "Well, then there is no one better than a Jedi Master such as yourself to teach them some manners," she said respectfully. "You know how rash and impatient some Padawans can be." She rolled her tongue inside her cheek. "Not me, of course," she added cynically. "I just do what I'm told."

She looked over at Master Marr. "New padawan, Master Marr?"

Tegan turned, a little startled to hear her own name. Then, she saw Lake and broke into a wide grin. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Lake Kiel." She crossed the room, Korwin following obediently behind. "Lake, this is my padawan, Korwin Vash... quite the handful, much like I was before..." Her smile faded a little, "...before Mother Cora."

Shaking herself out of it, she smiled again. "So here we are... and you without a master in sight." She grinned wider. "Passed your trials, did you?"

Lake bit her lip, and gave a quick glance at Castov before responding to Tegan. "Not exactly, no," she replied slowly. "Apparently, according to the Council and Master Kai, I'm not ready for my trials. And, consequentially, Master Kai and I had a... difference of opinion that we could not resolve." She paused. "So trials are not exactly on my calendar at the moment." She sported a sardonic grin. "Not that Revan nor the Mandalorians seem to mind."

I saw Tegan and Lake discus and at that moment I said "Tegan and Lake I think this is enough, we are not here to discus our ranks on the Jedi order but to discus our problems and our mission here in Corellia. Please let us talk"

I then waited the responded of one of both

"There will be plenty of time to discuss our mission on Corellia at the briefing in a few hours, Frederick," Pallas spoke up from her seat next to Lake. "We are here to rest, recoup and socialize, and are free to speak about whatever we want." She glanced at all the Jedi gathered in the room. "And I'm sure our mutual decisions to go against the will of the Council weigh heavily on all our minds. Not to mention what we left behind."

"I prefer not talk about what I left behind. My training, my master, my world, my wyf... I left everything just for this, to stop these monsters and for my people. And know what? , tell me Pallas how is going to repay this mistake? .If it is a mistake."-I Said

"Pallas is right," Lux said, sauntering over to where she and Lake sat and leaned against the wall. "If this were an officially sanctioned war by the Council, I'm quite certain that Lake here would be Knighted for her actions." He sighed and blew a stray wisp of red hair out of his eyes. "But as it stands, we're all rogue in their eyes. And while I think we all believe what we're doing is the right thing, there is still the issue of what is to happen when we return." He crossed his arms pensively. "If we return."

"If you do not believe in what we are doing, Frederick," Pallas said, her voice quiet and controlled, "then why are you here?" She looked up with her lambent yellow eyes at him. "Revan and Malak called us for a reason, a reason they were willing to lay their lives down for. To take a stand against oppression, tyranny and brutality. To protect the innocent and to strive for peace. Aren't those tenets central to a Jedi's very existence?" She looked away, towards the far wall, her eyes growing distant. "I put my trust in the Council for so long, as I believed in them, in how they led the Jedi Order. Now, I have something new to believe in, something new to lead me down my path as a Jedi Knight. To help me stand up, fight for what I believe in and do the right thing, to the best of my abilities." She looked back at him, a fire burning behind her golden pupils. "That is why I am here. So I ask you again, Frederick. Why are you here?"

"Pallas I am here to free my people only, I did not came to kill mandalorians , I do not seek revenge, and I am risking my training with Master Vrook with this, I will go to Corellia fight and as soon as this battle ends I will take an army and re conquer my planet." I said "And sorry Pallas but I need to remind you that you are not a Jedi Knight, you are a Padawan and you are walking a path I will not walk."

Pallas arched a thin white eyebrow at the young Jedi. "I never said you needed to walk my path, Frederick," she replied, her voice still remarkably even. "I merely stated my reason for being here and addressed your question of 'Is this a mistake?' I do not believe my reasons for being here are mistakes. You may believe yours are, but that is no reason to call everyone else's into question."

She spitted him with a dead-on glare. "And I think you must have hit you head a little too hard, because I am a Jedi Knight and have been a full-time instuctor at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant for six years. So you need not remind me that I am a Padawan, since you would be six years too late."

"ha-ha"-I Smiled as I look Pallas "sorry Pallas , you and I are not even Jedi's anymore , we are people that use the force and a lightsaber , oops sorry better told gray Jedi’s, I am sorry but nether of all of us are part of the order any more, by joining this war we have abandoned the order."- I said

"Believe whatever you want, Fred," Lux said, coming to Pallas' defense. "Call us whatever you want. Force users, Gray Jedi, Hutt spit, et cetera." Making a fist, he pushed off against the wall and walked the few steps to stand by Pallas, then recrossed his arms. "Fact of the matter is, we're all here because we followed Revan and Malak. Our reasons for doing so are our own, but we have all gone against the will of the Council in taking up arms against the Mandalorians." He pointed a black-gloved finger at the younger Knight. "You may have joined to liberate your world, but I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we joined to liberate any world touched by the Mandalorians. Because it is the will of the Force and our calling as Jedi."

Taking a deep, calming breath, Lux lowered his voice and his hand. "Your reasons for being here sound quite selfish to me, Freddy," he said quietly. "To free your people and that's it? When you join the Jedi Order, you leave them behind and serve only the Force. Or have you renounced that as well, in addition to your fealty to the Council?"

"You are right Lux, I am Jedi we all are and our duty is to protect dose in need, I have been a fool and for this I ask for forgiveness, I am sorry Pallas I did not meant to offend you and now one in this room. I am a Jedi and I will stand fight , protect and defend any world any one as my duty it is. " – I said I then stretch my hand towards Lux and say "I am sorry Lux , I hope we can be good friends as the same for you Pallas”

Castov watched the argument between his fellow Jedi, he could not see why the Jedi Frederick would have such reasons for joining the war. They didn’t seem to be the way a Jedi would think, but no one here did think the way the eldest of Jedi wanted them too.

“War! We are here because we know that if the Mandalorians go unopposed, they will destroy everything we have vowed to protect.” Castov spoke up for the room to hear. “Reven called us and we answered to protect those who need us to protect them. We have already seen what the Mandalorians are capable of and we have gone against the council because we want them to stop these crimes. When the war is over we don’t know if the Jedi will take us back, or even if we will want to return, but we must not dwell on the future as it will forsake the now and now we must fight!”

Kastul laughed harshly. "On the contrary, Frederick. We are not the ones who have abandoned their duty to the Republic and the innocents in this Galaxy, the Council and the Council's followers are. The Council has bound the Jedi in a web of doubt for too long. We cannot afford that, not in the face of what Mandalore and those like him bring. The Jedi have abandoned the cause, and we have taken it, thus, we are the Jedi."

Truth stood up from his seat and spoke with "War is the reason we joined, but it is not the catalyst which started all this. The council was exercising caution when not charging in at first without all the details, but more caution than needed when dealing with the actual threat. War is what the Mandolorian's culture revolves around, but they don't destroy planets out of bloodlust. While fighting, we must exercise caution for more than just the fight."

Then he turned towards Kastul and said "Names are titles, not fact. What they are doing is fact."

Anya didn't speak throughout the discussion for, after the excitement and tension of battle, she feared that she would not be able to hold herself in check if she were to enter it. For she was not nearly so harmonized as Pallas nor was she so level-headed as Lux with the adreneline still pumping erradically through her body. Determined to quell the beast inside, she sat off to the side, trying to concentrate on forcing herself into a meditative state.

The concentrating bit wasn't all that easy, however. Just because she wasn't participating in the conversation didn't mean that she couldn't hear it. She was getting more and more frustrated with it every time Fredrick opened his mouth - especially when he went from being indignant and selfish to begging and contrite in the span of, oh say, thirty seconds.

"Somehow, Fredrick," she said, her head still bent and eyes still closed, "I find it quite difficult to believe that you joined Revan and Malak simply to defend Corellia, considering that you joined around the same time as us - at least months before we even knew that the Mandalorian fleet was going to be attacking Corellia. I also find it hard to believe that you could change your reasons and beliefs so truly and so sincerely as quickly as you seem to want to lead us to believe."

"Think what ever you want Anya, I have my reasons , I have seen what is going to happen when all of this ends, I am here to protect this world because is the first call of us into battle it is not my home world but I will defend it like it is my home world. All of you can sense if I am lying or not?, so why are you so hard to believe in what I think when you can sense what I really want. My mane reason as I said is to free my people of ORD mandell but it dose not mean I will not help any other people. I am a Jedi and I said that we where Gray Jedi’s well I am incorrect , We are all Jedi’s , but this feelings many of you are feeling is not the way, I am like my master, I have a brusque manner, a stern demeanor, a cautious disposition, and with a suspicious nature but I will do the correct thing."-I said Calmly and controlled

“Truth I wish to speak with you in private if it is possible”-I said to Truth

Archived