Home

Mandalorian Wars: The Jedi Torn

“Truth I wish to speak with you in private if it is possible”-I said to Truth

"Why do you wish to speak with me in private? There is nothing to hide here." Truth told Fredrick, and then turned his attention back to the conversation. He could 'understand' Anya's comment: Fredrick was acting out of conduct. He could tell that she was frustrated with him though, which was not good when you were going to be fighting with them.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lake rose and faced Master Mejia. "Master Mejia,” she started, “I may be out of line saying this as I’m still only a Padawan, but you would be better putting your faith in your battle skills than in your visions. Visions of the future are unreliable. You, as one who has passed your trials,” she added emphatically, “should know this.”

She looked around the room, her eyes locking onto Castov, before continuing. “Master Jesp is right. We must concentrate on the here and now. All of us in this room have defied the will of the Jedi Council by joining Revan, and every one has sacrificed something to be here. We cannot dwell on what is to come, nor dwell on what has passed. We cannot wonder if the Council will take us back, or whether or not we are doing the right thing, or what’s in a name, or if the events seen in visions will come to pass. We must deal with the here and now. And right now….” She looked around the room. “…all I see are Jedi torn. And we need to be Jedi united if we want to win.” She paused. “If Corellia falls, Coruscant and the rest of the Core worlds will too, and the Republic is doomed.” Her eyes narrowed with determination. “We need to win. Here and now.”

She turned to Master Mejia. “So, no more talk of any visions or doubts. The Admiral will be briefing us soon on what is to come.” With that, she turned and started to head out of the room. “Castov, I’m going to check to see where Mike is, erm... I mean, Master Sapien,” she said over her shoulder. “His shuttle should have landed by now.”

Lake paused, then slowly turned around. "What, you don't trust me enough to go on my own?" She glanced at the others in the room, then she shrugged. "If you want to come with me, then come," she said to Frederick. "I'm a Padawan. You're a Knight. You don't have to ask my permission."

Lake would have preferred to go meet Mike on her own, but there was really no logical reason to refuse Frederick's company. "My apologies, Master Mejia," Lake said coolly to him as they walked down the corridor heading to the hanger bay. "Master Kai always did say that I should think twice and speak once." She grinned wryly. "Guess I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet."

She was feeling out of sorts because of the arguing, and as she had no master to advise her anymore, she sought the next best thing--Mike. The Nautolan was well liked by all, but as a fellow Guardian, what she admired most about him was his skills in fighting, especially with the lightsaber. She had taken great delight in sparring with him, learning more moves and control from him than she ever had from Master Kai, and, as she was currently masterless, she found herself looking more and more to him for the advice that she would have previously sought from her former master. She was sure that Mike would support her and Jesp's take on the current situation, and she hoped that he would be able to sway the opinion of the Jedi Knight that walked beside her.

As they reached the hanger bay, Lake caught sight through the view window of Mike’s shuttle making its landing next to a fighter—or rather what was left of it. She raised an eyebrow. “Woah…,” she said, pausing with astonishment as she viewed for the first time Lux’s wreck of a fighter. She shook her head with disbelief as she waited with Frederick for Mike to disembark. “Lux certainly wasn’t exaggerating when he said he trashed his ship. Would you look at that thing?” She tilted her head to one side to view it from a different angle. “I can’t figure it out… is that the cockpit there,” she pointed, “or what’s left of the engine?”

"Ha-ha, I can say you have not seen my freighter yet, this mandalorians are great pilots, they attack you from anywhere "-I said after watching Lux’s ship at the same time Mike was arriving and I said to lake “There he is, It has been 2 years since I have not seen him, Master Vrook is a good friend of him”

"Well, that's a relief." Kastul said as the door closed behind him. "There are times when spacing him looks very attractive."

He glanced at the door and rubbed his head. "Now that we've got him out of the way, we can start examining the problem underneath us. The good news is that Corellians are generally tough, so the Mandalorians either have a captive population that hates and fears them, or hates and shoots them, depending on whether resistance is strong enough to warrant a show of force."

"Hopefully, we'll have assistance from resistance forces. The problem is that Corellians are fiercely independent, we'll likely be seen as invaders by them just as much as the Mandalorians, especially since the Republic didn't help them a whole lot when the Mandalorians attacked. Anyone know how Republic Intelligence is doing getting us a contact with the Corellian Resistance?"

Mike's shuttle entered the hanger of the Pride of the Core before taking poistion in the higher platforms on the shuttle docking area. A door on the shuttle opened to reveal the large Nautolan Jedi Knight. Mike had abbonded the tragional Jedi robes and chosen a more scoundral like appereance complete with armour. As soon as he stepped out of the shuttle and onto the platform, the shuttle door behind him closed before the shuttle itself dropped out of the hanger and returned to it's orginial holder.

Mike smiled under his mask as he saw a few familar faces, most notiable one was a good friend and padawan to man whom Mike trained alongside, he knew her well however he never had the chance or bravery to say anything about himself. The reason for his mask was public knowledge however the event before the mask was a mystery to most people.

"Greeting's Mike, it has been a long time since I have seen you, how’s that battle out there?"-I said as he came out of the shuttle and then I said “The meeting will begging in a short time so please fallow us”.

Lake smiled at Mike, and even though she couldn't see his face under his mask, she could sense that he was pleased to see her. "Nice to see you again, Master Sapien," she greeted Mike, a bit shy to address him more familiarly in front of Frederick.

As the three of them started to head back to the Jedi Room, Lake asked Mike, "So, did you like my explosion?"

"Okay, lead the way" Mike said to Fred, before turning his attention to Lake. "Your explosion? I was expecting it to be abit bigger and I didn't expect a peace of debris taking out our foward thrusters," Mike said facing Lake, giving her a friendly smile although she didn't really have much of a chance to see it because his mask.

"Yeah, well, I was sort of pressed for time," Lake replied, grinning. "You know, heat of battle and all.... " She paused. "Sorry about your forward thrusters though," she added. "I'll do better next time."

As they turned the corridor, Lake said, "Think we're going to have a very interesting briefing." She looked at Fredrick askance. "Master Mejia started an interesting debate on the reasons why we are all here."

"Why hurry?" Lake said to Frederick. "We've got plenty of time before the Admiral's briefing. In fact... we've got at least an hour or two." She pressed her lips together in thought. "Initially I went to the Jedi Room to do a bit of meditation--you know, to sort of clear my head after the battle. But since everyone's seemed to have gathered there, quiet meditation seems rather out of the question. Now I'm thinking that a round or two of sparring would be a much better stress reliever." She looked at Mike and then Frederick. "And given the choice I would much rather spar or learn new fighting techniques than to contemplate. Would either of you two care to be my opposition?"

"I don't two master things," Mike replied before walking down a seperater corridor than the other two "I'm going to find somewhere quiet to meditate, if you need to find me, use the force or something."

((Anakin34, this isn't the place for those sort of comments.)

((OCC- OK I know it has only happened a couple of times so far but can we please stop the one liners, No one likes them and they are easily avoided.))

Castov personal communicator began to beep so he quickly grabbed it and held it to his mouth. “Castov here.”

“Jesp, this is Admiral To’knel we need you down here ASAP.” The Admiral requested.

“Anything else?” CJ asked.

“Yes if you see Padawan Kiel can you bring her with you?” To’Knel replied.

“I’m on my way.” Jesp placed the communicator back in his belt and began to leave the room bowing to his fellow Jedi as he left the room. On his way he saw Lake standing with Frederick talking. “Sorry for the interruption General, but I need to take the Padawan. Lake please come with me.”

“Yeah, see you later, Mike,” Lake said, a bit disappointed by the fact that Mike didn’t want to spar with her. She sighed, then looked at Frederick. “Ok, so it’s just you and me then.” She nodded to the lift just ahead. “On to deck two.”

Just as they were about to get into the lift, Jesp appeared in the corridor.

“Sorry for the interruption General, but I need to take the Padawan. Lake please come with me.”

Lake nodded apologetically to Master Mejia, and then hurried to catch up with Jesp. “Something wrong?” she asked Jesp.

"Well I think I will train on my own"- I said to my self

Then I entered the elevator to the training room in the second floor of the ship, I then entered the room that is near the door of the elevator, it was empty but well I begun to meditate first. Feeling the force surrounding the ship and the energy inside the ship, I then stood took of my robes took out my shirt and I begun to practice in combat with Echani techniques.... then took a short break and then begun my lightsaber practice with 3 remotes deflecting they’re shoots and practicing Shii-Cho and Niman techniques.

“My lightsaber, her and I have much history together, versus Dark Jedi’s versus Bounty hunters versus Mercenaries and now will make history with Mandalorians”- I said as I look at my lightsaber

“The admiral just requested our presence.” Castov replied. “I think you impressed him with your little explosion today.”

Castov and Lake walked into the Admiral’s office on the command deck within the Pride of the Core, he was currently sitting at his desk reading some files. Looking to his right he saw the Twi’lek girl he saved sitting at a small table covered in data-pads and papers. Both the occupants were to busy doing whatever they were doing to notice Jedi enter, CJ coughed to announce himself and the Padawan causing them both to look up.

“Good, you two are here.” The admiral welcomed looking up from the data-pad.

“Castov, Lake, I never said thank you for saving my life.” Geonar said standing up and walking over to her saviour she held out her hand and shook Castov’s. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” CJ replied. “All in a Jedi’s workday.”

Anyone know how Republic Intelligence is doing getting us a contact with the Corellian Resistance?"

"Haven't the foggiest," Lux replied, having taken a seat on the mat that Lake had vacated. "Though I suppose we'll find out soon enough during the meeting." He looked at Kastul askance. "Don't tell me you want to start talking mission specifics now as well, just when we've gotten rid of our little Freddy problem. There'll be plenty of time for that later. Right now, I think most of us would just like to have a little bit of calm before the storm."

Archived