Home

Mandalorian Wars: The Jedi Torn

Sporting a sly grin as she watched Geonar shake Castov's hand, Lake added, "I only provided transportation, but... you're welcome." She nodded over toward the desk covered in datpads and papers. "So, what's all that about?" Her grin broadened. "Backlog of mail from being a hostage so long?" she said jokingly.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not exactly." Geonar replied.

"I have to admit i lied to you Castov." The admiral interupted. "but i couldn't be sure if the Mandalorians had hacked our comm channels."

"I didn't think she was a diplomats daughter." Jesp replied.

"No i'm not." She replied

"Geonar is in fact a child prodigy." To'knel explained. "She has been working with the Republic research and development teams to create the Razor."

"Razor?" Castov asked.

"It's an advance surface to orbit weapon capable of disintegrating most metallic objects." Geonar informed.

"Like space ships?" Castov suggested.

"Precisely." Geonar agreed.

“Sounds like quite the weapon to have.” Castov voiced his opinion.

“Yes.” The admiral replied. “Unfotunetly the Mandalorians have captured it and taken control.”

"Well, that's not good," Lake commented. She rolled her tongue thoughtfully on the inside her cheek. "I don't fancy being disintegrated, so I suppose we'll just have to go down to the surface and take it back, before they figure out how to use it. Any ideas on where it is exactly, Admiral?"

"Unfortunately they've already taken a couple of shots at our Ships that strayed to close to the planet. They missed but they have probably calibrated it by now." The Admiral replied. "But we've managed to determine its location and line-of sight... Thanks to the information your team retrieved."

"She does good work." Castov complemented with a smile.

"Indeed she does." The admiral also smiled and looked at lake. "Thanks to you we have all the information we need to come up with a strategy to take back the planet."

Lake raised an eyebrow. She knew the information she had retrieved had had to do something with troop deployments, but she hadn't been aware that it had encompassed enough information to actually take back the entire planet!

"So, Admiral, this briefing you're giving... you're going to assign people for missions on the surface?" She glanced at Castov and Geonar. "I don't know if you've already assigned people or if you're looking for volunteers, but I'd appreciate it you put my name down for recovering the Razor project."

"That will all be covered at the briefing," said the Admiral, although Lake could sense that that Zabrak was pleased by her enthusiasm.

Lake looked at Castov. "Should I assemble the others for the briefing then?" she asked. "Or will you and the Admiral need more time to prepare for it?"

"So anxious to get started?" the Admiral asked. "I would have thought that you could do with a few more hours of rest time."

"I don't know about the others, but I'll rest after the Mandalorians have been expelled from Corellia," Lake said determinedly.

“If you can collect the Jedi and give us a few minutes to finish up here we’ll meet in the main briefing room in ten minuets.” The Admiral replied to Lake.

“It shouldn’t take you long most of them have congregated in the same place.” Castov informed the admiral. “A Jedi doesn’t require that much rest and I’m pretty sure most of share Kiel’s opinion on liberating the world. The sooner we free the world the better for all concerned.”

“Indeed, Corellia is one of Reven and Karath’s first steps in winning this war and getting the Mandalorians out of our space.” To’Knel agreed. “Padawan Lake, please be quick.”

Lake nodded, then bowed respectively to the Admiral, Castov and Geonar. "I'll see you in the main briefing room," she said to Castov.

Lake left them and went down the corridor at a hurried walk, heading for the Jedi Room. She knew that most of the Jedi on board were still there, but she knew that Masters Mejia and Sapien were elsewhere. She took out her comlink and set the call frequency to their individual comlinks.

"Master Sapien? Master Mejia? The Admiral is ready for us. Please proceed to the main briefing room."

It was a short lift ride down to the Jedi Room. She could have contacted the other Jedi on her comlink too, but she thought it better to tell them in person. Entering the room, she stood in the doorway for a moment. Things had obviously calmed down--the Force felt more balanced in the room now.

"The Admiral is ready for us in the main briefing room now," she announced to them. "And it looks like we've got a big job ahead of us."

"Great"- I said to my self as I receive the message from Lake

I then took and putted on my Robes and deactivated the remotes, I leaved the room and went to the elevator right next to the training room to try to catch-up with Lake in the Jedi room, luckily she was right on the door of the Jedi Room.

((OOC: Ok, I'm assuming that either (1) no characters have anything else to say in the Jedi Room as far as getting to know each other, or (2) no one wants to post. :( I'm hoping it's my first assumption....))

Lake grinned at Lux. "'Lead on padawan?' That sounds so... odd when you say it like that. Like I'm leading you through a mine field or something." She shook of the dark foreboding sensation she was feeling. Perhaps Master Mejia's dreams of doom were rubbing off on her.

"Well, follow me then," Lake said to Lux, and the rest of the Jedi in the room. "The Admiral's briefing is in te..." She looked at her chrono. "I mean, seven minutes. And he's got some pretty interesting things to say."

She turned and began to lead the way down the corridor to the lift.

"So, did you have a nice training session, Master Mejia?" she asked Frederick conversationally.

Lux fell in step next to Pallas and Anya, both of whom had seemed to calm down since their conversation with young Master Meija. Pallas was unreadable for the most part, as she was both a Consular and an Arkanian, making it difficult for Lux to get a casual read on her feelings. Anya was a bit easier, as he'd known his fellow Sentinel for quite some time and for the fact that she was half-Kiffar. She was a little tense, as she always was before a big mission, but Lux also suspected some tension was because of the little disagreement in the training room earlier. He nudged her lightly with his shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" he whispered.

"So, did you have a nice training session, Master Mejia?" she asked Frederick conversationally

"Yes, It was necessary, I practiced in combat with Echani techniques.... then took a short break and then begun my lightsaber practice, Some Shii-Cho and Niman techniques and of course a little challenge with the remoter and when you called me I was just finishing my meditation"- I said as we where walking

“I sense that this meting will be intense, is good I meditated...”-I said to lake

"I'm not sure whether to be relieved or annoyed." Kastul said as he arose from his cushion. "We're sort of running this assault on a rushed time schedule, the Republic Army needs time to rest."

As he began to walk, he winced. "Ow. Hell, the Jedi need to rest. I'm not really sure what the strategic value of Corellia is, but without control of the entire system it's worthless. What with the Drall, Selonians, and the people of Talus and Tralus, they'd have a hard time choking this system down. Bah, grand strategy has never been my strong point."

As they walked towards the briefing room, he glanced at the ceiling.

"Maybe it's just the blaster wound, but I have a very bad feeling about this."

"I practiced in combat with Echani techniques.... then took a short break and then begun my lightsaber practice, Some Shii-Cho and Niman techniques and of course a little challenge with the remoter and when you called me I was just finishing my meditation"- I said as we where walking

“I sense that this meting will be intense, is good I meditated...”-I said to lake

"Indeed," Lake agreed. "I think it will be about as intense as your practice session was."

Her ears caught Kastul's comments, and for once she heeded her former Master's advice of 'think twice, speak once' and didn't let herself fly off the handle. Being Corellian herself, she felt obligated to defend her homeworld, even though she had never spent much time there herself. But beyond that, she knew that if Corellia fell under the control of the Mandalorians, especially with that new weapon they had confiscated, then the rest of the system would fall quick enough. In addition, Corellia was the hub of many high volume hyperspace trade routes. Control Corellia, and one would effectively control all the trade from the Core to the Outer Rim. And if Corellia fell, it would not be long before Coruscant and the rest of the core worlds would too.

"If we fail to drive the Mandalorians off Corellian, and they take root there," she said to Kastul, "they'll control most of the major trade routes. They won't need to take over the rest of the planets in the Corel system or any other systems. They'll just starve them out of existence." She paused. "And," she added, "as you will soon hear from the Admiral himself, they'll have the means to wipe out any resistance."

"I'm not saying we abandon Corellia to it's fate. But on it's own, Corellia is a worthless planet, tactically. Their shipyards are orbital, they don't have any significant mining operations, the planet has next to no infrastructure. As for the trade routes, like I said, we have orbital control. It can wait an extra day or two to let the troops recover, that wasn't a pleasant battle. Where the hell is Revan, anyway? This is his prize operation."

Mike had chosen a secluded of the ship to metitate for the upcoming briefing and battle in the planet's surface below them. The best phrase to decribe his surrondings would be 'between the walls.' Using the airvents of the ship, Mike had guided his way into a large enough space where the dozens of pipes which transported boling hot material around the ship. Although the small corridor he found was rather narrow, it was large enough to him to stand on a large pipe containing water of all things, without touching of the other pipes. From there he closed his eye's and let his mind wondered. Mike's thoughts travelled throughout areas of the ships however after a moment it seem transfixed on small group of Jedi decussing logic behind the Battle of Correlian. He could hear most of the conversation however small chunks seem to stick in his mind.

..Corellia is a worthless planet, tactically... From that phrase alone he drew the assumtion that this Jedi was arrogant and over confident in his abbilities. He is young and will underestimate his opponents and alleys without a moments hesitation and wouldn't wait to tell everyone else about it.

He could also hear the voice of Lake however the two were known to each other so he felt there was no need to draw up a profiles on her and he hadn't heard much of the other's talk to sum up profiles.

(sorry ending of the post is abit rushed.)

Truth stood from where he had been sitting, having been studying possible military strategies for the capaign along with Corellian history. He had listened to the conversation, and while he felt Lake was getting too personal judging from his scans, she was right. Whether for moral or tactics, they were obligated to retake the planet.

Truth went off on his lecture with "Corellia is among the Core Worlds, which makes it a beachhead for the Mandolorian assault. It not only holds many major trade routes for economic purposes of sustaining the Republic as Commander Lake has mentioned, but it allows for assaults on virtually any vital planet, including Coruscant, in the Republic. Allowing it to remain in the hands of the Mandolorians would make winning the war near impossible, as they would exploit that possibility to its limits. What you are suggesting is incomplete military and economic knowledge. I suggest you educate yourself for the campaign to come."

"Hm?"

Anya looked up from her daze, blinking once or twice as her eyes went to Lux's. It took her a few moments to register his question, but when she did, she sprang right back to normal.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." she said, "I'm just pondering how in hell he ever got the title of Master."

"Would you relax? I'm not suggesting we leave Corellia to Mandalore's hands, but take a look at the troops. They're tired. Furthermore, this is no time for a planetary assault. Listen. Do you hear the turbolasers thumping? The first and foremost thing to do in a planetary assault is an orbital bombardment, destroying key elements of hostile forces. We hit a supply depot here, a power grid there, pretty soon the Mandalorians are having trouble getting food, intel, and weapons. And in this situation, any disadvantage against the Mandalorians is devastating. We need rest, reinforcements, and we need to sear the Mandalorians before we go for the main cut."

"Easy there, tigress," Lux chided gently. "Don't dwell on that fact any longer. Instead, just hope you don't get assigned with him on whatever mission the Admiral has in store for us." He winked at her. "Besides, he's just a Knight, like you and I. Lake, in her infinite Padawan politeness, was just addressing him as is appropriate. You certainly don't have to call him 'Master'."

Overhearing Kastul's little speech, Lux smirked. "I thought you said grand strategy wasn't your strong point," he remarked to the Givin Jedi. "That seemed pretty strategic and grand to me."

"Well, you know. A battle here, a battle there, pretty soon you're writing the Complete Guide to Galactic Conquest. I guess Revan is doing some long-distance rubbing off on me." He grinned. "Hopefully, this isn't just the Admiral coming to tell us about how we successfully defeated the Mandalorian fleet. I hate debriefings."

((OCC- OK here’s the long awaited briefing. I’m doing as if everyone has already arrived and taken their seats. Oh and yes it contains one of my brilliant ‘same page’ maps.))

With all the Jedi assembled in the room along with several marine, the admiral activated a holographic image of a large area north of Coronet appeared. The Admiral stepped next to it and looked at the crowd.

“We have spent every moment since our space victory analysing every conceivable option to take back the planet. Our ground forces do not stand a chance taking on the main Mandalorian base located north of the Capital city. With the aid of the Data Padawan Kiel retrieved we’ve discovered the Mandalorians outnumber us, we don’t stand a chance taking this base out with a full ground assault. So we have concluded an orbital bombardment will be our best option.” The Admiral paused as he heard groans and complaints from those assembled. “I know, I Know a lot of people will die but more will if we send in the troops. Now For a successful bombardment we must over come two obstacles the first of which is a strong shield surrounding the Mandalorians. Now to take the shield out we must power down the generator and for that we have two objectives. General Jesp.”

Castov stepped forward on the opposite side of the Holo-Image and pushed a few buttons on a console high lighting a facility within the City.

“The entire base is powered by the cities main power plant, Now we’re going to disable the power being transferred from this plant to the base. The best way to do this will be to infiltrate its main control room and hacking the system to shut down the energy transfer. We’ll be sending in the marine team that helped hold the Hydian Angel along with the Jedi Tegan Marr, Anya Bethesda, Pallasyndra and Caelux Vanas. You will be landing here.” Castov pushed a few more buttons highlighting a small red dot on the image within the city. “It’s away from all the ant-air defences and fighter patrols, but it does mean you’ll have to trek through the city to get to the plant. Now once the base is cut off from the plant a backup generator will set in, this will also need to be disabled.” Once again Castov pushed a few buttons showing a second Mandalorian base and a Convoy route connecting the two bases. “Myself, Frederick Mejía and Kastul Tyneka will be tasked with destroying this. To do this we need to get need to get inside the shield and we have determined only one way to do this. A supply vehicle travels between the two stations, we need to intercept and hijack it. Frederick and me will then disguise ourselves in the Mandalorian Armour while Kastul hides in a crate… We don’t think the armour will fit over your exoskeleton. Once inside we need to find a way to destroy the Power generator. We will also need to set up a Comm -Jammer after landing so the convoy can’t call for help when we commandeer it.” Castov turned to look at the Admiral and nodded.

“Once both objectives are complete the shield will go down, however as I said there is a second obstacle.” To’Knel Reminded “This is an Experimental Surface-to-orbit weapon called the Razor Cannon, designed by the Republic scientist Geonar. The weapon is capable of disintegrating any ship that we send into orbit over the primary base. This base isn’t as well defended as the main base so we need to take it by force and re-capture the weapon. We’re sending every troop and ground vehicle we’ve got to take it, under the command of the Jedi Mignola Sapien, UNIT ONE-ZERO-NINE and Lake Kiel. We have three landing zones, one located in the republic base south of it and the other two will land north of it. The Comm-Jammer Jesp will set also serves the purpose of jamming communications between the two bases so they won’t get any reinforcements… Once all objectives are complete a ship will be sent to wipe the primary Mandalorian base off the planets surface.”

Archived