Home

Mandalorian Wars: The Jedi Torn

"Great Idea admiral and Master Jesp, I have 300 soldiers under my command I will transfer them to Padawan Kiel’s command, that way they will have extra help , Lake take good care of my men down there."- I said knowing and trusting Lakes abilities as commander.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm sure Master Sapien, Truth, and I can come up with a battle plan for a ground assault." She looked at Frederick. "And I'm sure your troops will come in handy for that." She bowed her head. "Thank you, Master Mejia."

She looked at Truth and Mike. "And if the Mandalorians outnumber us, maybe we should be thinking how to outsmart them. Perhaps we should think about sending in an infiltration team?"

"Looks like we're together again," Lux remarked quietly to Pallas and Anya, having taken a seat near the two of them for the briefing. It had proved pretty informative, though Lux couldn't help wondering how the Jedi teams had been chosen. Nevertheless, he was pleased with his assignment, as it looked as if it would require subterfuge and cunning rather than outright brute force. It would still not be easier than any of the other objectives that had been handed out, but at least this one played to his abilities.

Glancing over, he spotted the other Jedi who had been tagged for his objective, Tegan Marr. The female Knight observed the briefing impassively, while the young Padawan next to her seemed to be fidgety at the whole affair. Tegan was an excellent Jedi, if a bit unorthodox and Lux didn't mind having her with him at all.

He raised his hand towards Castov and the admiral. "I trust we'll have the intel we'll need to figure out our plan of attack?"

"We'll give you all what we can but with the exception of the data reteived by Padawan Kiel allinformation is unreliable as our ships can't get close enough to the world to do a detailed scan." The Admiral replied.

"Basically we're pretty much going in as blind a farmboy with a blast visor on." Castov elaborated in his usually comical mannor.

"Indeed. Team one and two will land first to give castov's team a chance to set up the jamming equipment. Once we've verified that the ground forces eill move in for deployment." To'Knel informed. "We need this world to be taken back, Corellia is the heart of this sector it will do a great deal for the war effort."

"Basically grab your robes we leave in an hour."

Kastul wasn't sure whether to laugh, cry, or just sit there with a dumb expression on his face. Box duty. Naturally. He glanced at Fred and Castov.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you two later. I have to report to Republic Packaging to be boxed up."

At the end of the briefing, Tegan gestured to Korwin and rose. They left the room together. But Korwin was not satisfied and his fidgeting increased as they walked. Finally, he spoke.

"They didn't mention me," he complained. Tegan smiled knowingly. She had expected this complaint.

"Of course they didn't," she answered patiently. "Neither you nor Lake Kiel entered this war with masters. As Lake is still without one, she is responsible for hearing her own mission from the briefing. But you have a master now. For that reason, you hear your orders straight from me."

"You're gonna make me stay behind, aren't you?" Korwin grumbled.

"You are coming with me," Tegan countered, turning to face him. "But before we go, you have to understand and agree to certain 'ground rules'. First, you will do as I say at all times. Second, you will keep your mouth shut unless asked a question. If that occurs, you may answer, but keep it simple. Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am," Korwin answered, more than a little startled at Tegan's harsh manner.

"Good," Tegan said. "Now, the other thing I want to make very clear to you. When we get to the surface, I don't want you running off on your own little adventures. You will stay with me, unless I tell you otherwise. If I tell you to do something else, you will do exactly as I say and then return to me. Understood?"

"Yes, Master," Korwin answered quietly.

Tegan smiled. "Good. Now go prepare."

As Pallas rose to prepare for the oncoming mission, she couldn't help but be pleased at how the teams had been planned out. She was again partnered with Lux and Anya, two Kiffar Jedi that were quite indispensible as assets as well as just overall good people. Not to say that the rest of the Jedi weren't, she just found she trusted in their abilities a lot easier. The new addition, Tegan Marr, seemed capable enough as well. She was also quite pleased about being paired with a team from the Hydian Angel, as she could definitely persuade Commander Assant to let her take Lieutenant Gardevoir down planetside.

As the Jedi filed out of the briefing room, Pallas couldn't help but wonder aloud, "Isn't an hour a bit of a short notice?"

As the other Jedi rose from their seats and began to leave Castov turned off the holo-projector and bowed to the admiral. He began to follow the other Jedi out of the room and smiled hearing the conversations between some of them.

”Isn't an hour a bit of a short notice?"

“That’s the point, the Mandalorians are less likely to expect an attack so quickly.” Castov replied to the Jedi knights question. “The quicker the better, The Mandalorians will be caught with there pants down.”

As we where leaving I decided to go to the hangar where I would transmit a message to the commander of my soldiers, my droid was damaged so I decided to take a utility droid, I picked a T3 series called T3-R5.

"T3-R5 transmit this message to Co.99384, Commander Trog Hids"-I said to my T3 unit

"Beow Bouw"- T3 responded as he opened the hologram.

"Commander Trog Hids you will now serve with all my man under the command of Lake Kiel, She is a Jedi Padawan, and do you understand commander?"- I said

"Yes sir, as you, but it’s permanent?"- He asked

"No, you will return under my command as soon as the battle in Corellian end's"- I responded

"Ok sir, I understand and we will do as you command"-Trog said

"Ok, My the force be with you all"- I said

“Well T3-R5 fallow me”- I said as we where leaving the hangar to meet up with my mission’s partners

“Beow , Buoow”-T3 answered as he closed the hologram and fallowed me.

((Ok, guys, lets get this thread going again. I think people need to get their groups together and then start heading off to their missions.))

~~~~~~~~~

Lake, Truth, and Mike left the briefing room for the hanger bay to prepare their battle plan as well as organise the troops who would be under their command. Around a small computer station, the three called up the ground map from the briefing and began to formulate their plan of attack, while their transport ships began to load up their troops.

“Three teams, one deployed here at drop zone Beta,” Lake pointed to a spot on the map, “to the northwest of the weapon’s location, and two flanking either side—Drop Zone Alpha to the south, and Drop Zone Gamma to the northeast.

“I’d like to take drop position Alpha, with two platoons of special forces, plus my marine infiltration team. With the other Jedi teams engaging targets to the mainly to the east, I think the southern position might be the best place to send in an infiltration team from.”

She looked at Truth. “I think you’d be better suited to lead a main assault from Drop Point Beta. You know, just knock right on their front door. And while they’re busy engaging Truth, Mike can use his troops to flank them. What do you guys think?”

Truth nodded in approval and replied "That is a sufficient plan for the current situation. I warn that support will be unavailable should either you come under overwhelming fire, though the chance of that depends on how fast my troops can obtain all of their fire. The casualties will be heavy due to the base's position, but sufficient for the recovery or destruction of it."

Castov was working with the ships engineers making sure the Communications Jammer would work for the time it would be needed on the small power supply they had. The device had to be deployed quickly and go undiscovered for at least four hours while all three teams went about their objectives. Time was running down as they finished and Castov barely had enough time to finish calibrating small sensor Jammer to prevent the device from being detected by either base.

Castov walked to the hanger where both the shuttles that were going to take the Jedi and commandoes either to drop zone 1 or 2. A couple of the mechanics placed the Jammer within the second shuttle then walked away. It was almost time to leave for the ships too leave so Castov waited for the other two Jedi to arrive.

I was then notified that Castov was awaiting me in the hangar. I then went to the hangar with my T3 utility droid. There was Castov talking with the mechanics, it looks like he place a jammer in the shuttle.

“Need help there?, I am specialize in ships plus T3 can give you a hand there”- I said to Castov.

Castov stood studying at a small holographic image of the soon to be battlefield and Castov began to doubt the assignments he had given. Although each Jedi was placed on the mission to best suit their talents he found himself feeling perhaps Revan may have done things differently. Jesp had no idea why he had been trusted with the task of organising and strategising the Corellian task force. He was a consular who could seethe future and use that, he lived in the moment only making the vaguest of plans, not a quality of a military leader.

“Need help there?, I am specialize in ships plus T3 can give you a hand there”

CJ urned being snapped out of his train of thought by the sudden interruption to look at the other Jedi “No We’re fine, the shuttle is ready to fly as soon as our comrade arrives.”

Lux walked into the small briefing room with Pallas, Anya and Tegan. It was on a much smaller scale than the one they had just been in, yet it seemed a bit more crowded, with a number of Republic officers and NCOs filling the seats. Stalking over to the holoprojector in the middle of the room, he jabbed at the controls for a few moments, then took a step back as it thrummed to life, displaying schematics of the power station that was their objective. Nabbing a remote control off the console, he flicked it a few times, zooming the hologram out until it displayed a good chunk of the surrounding area and Coronet proper.

Running a hand through his hair, he exhaled a slow, long breath and said, "So, anyone got any idea how we're suppose to do this?"

Truth nodded in approval and replied "That is a sufficient plan for the current situation. I warn that support will be unavailable should either you come under overwhelming fire, though the chance of that depends on how fast my troops can obtain all of their fire. The casualties will be heavy due to the base's position, but sufficient for the recovery or destruction of it."
"Well, it won't be the first time I've gone without support," Lake said. "I'll do my best to minimize casualties, but we must complete our objective."

She turned to Mike. "So, are you okay with your position?"

Mike nodded. "Flanking is my specialty," he said seriously. "And casualties in war are a given."

"A given, maybe," said Lake, "but we should try to minimize them as much as possible. We are outnumbered, remember."

"Indeed," Mike agreed. "But I have confidence in Truth's ability to command the frontal assault."

"Well, I'll put my troops under Col. Hauks command while I take my marine commandos and attempt to infiltrate the base." She grinned. "We recovered some Mandalorian stealth shield generators. I'm sure we'll enjoy using them."

"Plan from the objective backward to the drop point," Tegan said quietly. She rose and moved to the map. "Our goal should be to find the most unexpected route. So we start here." She clicked the holoprojector a little closer in on the power station. "Do we have guard counts and positions?"

"They seem quite random," a Republic officer answered. He inserted a small datachip into the console and a video played, showing various formations and numbers of guards around the station. Tegan smiled faintly.

"There's a pattern to everything," she said. "Even a so-called 'random number generator' has a method, a 'reason', you might say for which number it chooses. So now, we must only uncover the reasons for their various formations and we will be able to predict with a great level of certainty where they will place guards when we arrive."

"And what then?" another Republic officer asked. Tegan grinned.

"And then, we move back further still," she answered, clicking at the holoprojector. Slowly, the image zoomed out. "And further still, we go... until we reach..." the image stopped, the drop point in plain view, "... our starting point. And then, the full way is planned... to the best of our ability. No one can plan for every possibility, of course, but..." She frowned and her words halted suddenly.

"I'm sorry," she said finally, her smile returning. "Nobody put me in charge. Other options?"

• 2 weeks later...

“No We’re fine, the shuttle is ready to fly as soon as our comrade arrives.”-Castov said

“He is talking to much time Castov, we should leave …. Me must understand we can not lose more time”- I said to Castov.

He said that we must wait until he arrived but Kastul was taking too much time preparing, I then decided to enter the ship and I sited in the pilots sit.

“If nether of you moves I will do it alone.”- I said as I turned the shuttle on.

(OCC- In an attempt to get this RP going again I’m going to get us all landed on the planet in order of mission. Sorry about any char control but it is necessary))

The landing shuttle shook violently as it sped through the atmosphere of the subjugated world, it had flown in on a stealth trajectory to prevent being scanned and was speeding down towards the planets surface. As the shuttle get close enough to the surface to fly below the radar it’s pilot pulled up and began heading towards Coronet.

The speed travelled meant it didn’t take long for them to come to the edge of the city, it continued travelling fast above and in between the buildings, testing the pilots skills. The shuttle then slowed as they came across the drop zone, the roof of a moderate sized office building. It hovered a few feet from the rooftop and the door opened, each commando and Jedi jumped out. The shuttle then began to fly back the way it came.

The small republic shuttle was in the middle of the forest having the Jedi, Frederick and Kastul covering it with camouflage. Castov was still setting up the Communications jammer a few foot away from the shuttle, it didn’t take long to become fully activated.

Now Cj had finished he turned to the other Jedi and called for them to follow him and get to the Convoys path and set the trap.

The mass of the republic drop ships had began to land at the three landing zones, troops tanks and other military equipment were being unloaded. A command post was being set up at Drop zone Alpha where the Republic strategist were preparing the troop deployment strategies.

Long range artillery weapons were being set up at the republic lines getting ready for the assault. The officers were inspecting the troops and their weapons checked, tanks were being optimised for the terrain.

Fortunately the Mandalorians were not aware of the republic ships yet thanks to the communications jammer set up be Castrov jesp and they had the element of surprise.

Pallas shut the door quietly, then turned to face her comrades. They were in a smallish room inside the office building on which they had landed. She, Anya, Tegan and Lux comprised the Jedi presence, while the rest of the team were commandoes. Much to Pallas's silent delight, Lieutenant Gardevoir was present as well.

"We'll need to make our way to the power station undetected," Gardevoir announced once everyone had taken a seat. "This is possible one of two ways. We either trace our way through the sewer lines, or find some way to blend into the crowd above."

As the doors of the drop ship she was on rose, Lake crouched near the hatch opening, searching the ground below for any tell-tale signs of any Mandalorian scouting parties while she checked out the layout of the terrain.

She didn't remember much of her homeworld, as she had left Corellia when she had been very young, but she was sure it hadn't looked like this. Most of Corellia's industry was in space to preserve the planet's natural beauty, yet here there were patches of scorched earth and skeletonized trees in what looked to have previously been a lush green valley. Lake scowled, feeling a twinge of anger, as well as a hint sadness, well up inside her for the senseless destruction.

Just before the ship landed, she jumped out, using the Force to cushion her landing. She checked over her shoulder. Most of the ground troops landing and forming up behind her would be under the command of Colonel Acton, a man she trusted, though only through his reputation and not from her own personal experience.

As her elite team of marines disembarked their ship and assembled near her, she pressed her comlink. "Col. Acton, I'd advise you assemble your men into smaller squads so you can take advantage of what cover the Mandalorians haven't destroyed, as well as give my infiltration team some covering fire if needed. And be ready for General Truth's order to charge."

"Roger, that Commander," was the Colonel's reply. "And good luck. Acton out."

Lake motioned for her men to follow her and they made for a small outcropping of trees and low shrubs. They would need a sheltered place to wait for the right moment to proceed towards the facility. She took out a pair of electrobinoculars and spotted the entrance of the Mandalorian base on the ridge a few kilometres away. Getting inside would be difficult without the planned distraction from General Truth's troops at Drop Zone Alpha. Then she spotted what looked like a ventilation shaft a few hundred metres away. "Bingo," she said to her sergeant. "Ventilation shaft. That's how we're getting in." She lowered the binoculars. "Get a couple of plasma torches ready," she said to him. "We'll probably have to do some cutting."

She switched channels on her comlink. "Commander Kiel to General Truth. I'm in position. We're ready to proceed as soon as you begin your attack. Just give the word."

She knew that Mike was to her left on the other side of the ridge, awaiting similar orders. She just hoped that Truth's frontal assault would be formidable enough to draw the Mandalorian's attention so that Col. Acton and Mike's men could flank them from either side, and give her team the distraction they needed to infiltrate the Mandalorian base.

She clicked her comlink again, this time to give Mike an update on her progress. "General Sapien? Commander Kiel. I'm in position and ready. We've found limited cover on this side of the base. Mandy's must have been on a slash and burn campaign out here. How's things look on your end?"

Truth stood in the main army command post, now surveying the Army of the Republic before he gave the first order. The front line was made of grunts and heavy vehicles, who were backed up by the more specialized troops such as snipers and heavy weapons. Then came the support units which ranged from short artillery to anti-artillery and aircraft to medical posts. The back of the force was primarily composed of heavy artillery, the posts that ran the army, and landing points for the support aircraft. It was a fairly simple setup for the assault they were about to attempt, but then, the enemy position did not allow for much creativity. This would result in heavy casualties, even the greenest soldier knew that.

Truth could feel terror, fury, and exhilaration coursing through the army as the all sensed the time of fire creep closer. The greenest were the ones with fear and excitement, while the veterans had nothing but cold, dead hatred running through their veins. For the battle, they would need it.

Truth set his comn to the army's channel and said "May the Force be with you all. Artillery may commence firing at will and all soldiers are to advance."

The sky lit up as a rain of fire came down upon the enemy. Then all hell broke loose.

“Wow, that was a hard landing, we need to get moving if this mandalorians locate by luck the ship we are doom.”- Frederick said as he tucked his lightsaber from his belt.

“And what’s the plan Master Jesp?”- Frederick asked

Truth set his comm to the army's channel and said "May the Force be with you all. Artillery may commence firing at will and all soldiers are to advance."

The sky lit up as a rain of fire came down upon the enemy. Then all hell broke loose.

"That's our cue," Lake said to her sergeant. "Let's move out." She hit her comlink. "Colonel Acton? Commander Kiel. My team's moving out. Keep sharp. We may need some covering fire if they spot us on approach. Kiel out."

She turned to her sergeant. "Ok, Sarge, let's move out."

The sergeant rallied the rest of his men, and then ordered them to activate their stealth generators that they had captured from the Mandalorians. Lake activated hers as well, and with all of the infiltration team now cloaked, they all started to creep up the ridge towards the Mandalorian base and the ventilation shaft while Truth's forces attacked.

Archived