Home

Bug?

Mindtwistah

When I kill one of my party members with the "force lightning anyone mod" while on Ebon Hawk, something very strange happens when I get to choose my party members. Take a look:

I kill Bastila

At the party selection screen

(I am broken, so very broken)

Not very strange. You are not meant to be able to kill party members. Doing so will mess up the party table resulting in things like that. The game does not handle party member deaths gracefully at all.

If you continue to play with missing party members you'll get stuck eventually anyway, as plot-critical cutscenes where they were meant to participate will break.

• 2 weeks later...

That is interresting... I'd assume that the characters you Force Lightning (party members at least) would just fall down like they do in battle when they get struck down by an enemy.

If I hadn't lost my copy of KotOR for PC I'd definitely download and abuse the crap out of that mod.

Interesting. I'm a programmer (well, starting to be) and I can say that I've coded messages like that.

In some if/else cases and such, there may be a certain condition that is theoretically impossible and should never run. If it is run, then it's nice for something (especially something that is informative or at least doesn't break the game) to happen. For example, if you have a function that takes in the number 1 or 2 as a parameter, and is supposed to only be called with one of those values, then you might have code like

if (num == 1)

//blablah

else if(num == 2)

//blablah

else

cout << "If this happens, then the program is f**ked up.";

Its useful for tracking down bugs and testing things. And if the program works perfectly, then it never shows up, so you can say whatever you want. But before you get it working perfectly, you can know exactly where something wrong is happening and you can backtrack it easier. And once it is fixed, there's usually little point in removing the line that does it.

Archived