Home

MotS Player Call out! the class of 1998-2000

RS_FireBird

Hello all =)

I used to play MotS years ago on the Zone, I was there in Astroid's golden years from around 98-2000. The community back then was something close to that of Jabba's Palace, you got all sorts. the good, the bad, the ugly, the damn right dreadful. but man was it the best!!. You could walk into Astroid, and get 20 "heys!" from your buds, or at the same time you could get the haters calling you out. I left abruptly around 2000, and didn't look back, only recently have I began to wonder what happend to good old Astroid and my long lost buds that I would sit up all night with talking about any old stuff, playing games, trash talking etc. The Zone seems to have gone now to, I was hoping to log on Zf and check out who all is still around.

Those 2 years were the best gaming years of my life, it'll never be that good again, (tho I was alot younger back then and had no real responsibiltys)

So Im just posting this here, because its the only place I found, I google'd some players names, Clan names, but everything is gone now,

Im just wondering what happend to players of those years, what became of them? and there clans? JOTS(jedi of the sith) NBK players(natural born killas) in fact I did stumble across http://members.tripod.com/max_79/nbk/ on google, but its still only from 2000, and only the members page really works. Clans like GI, OotCS, GQ, DIK, 435, nEw (cant remember what they all stand for) Players like _Quatermain_ , Sgt_Salt, Instigator, Majic, DooM, Queenie, JBWithers, MAX, YG, slave, blackbunnie, jots_msk could go on for ever...

SO if your a MotS player, however well known or not you were, any info on any of the players/clans and where they play now would be cool =)

MotS and its community was golden.. Ill never forget those gaming days!

Later!

-FB-

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Hello all =)

I used to play MotS years ago on the Zone, I was there in Astroid's golden years from around 98-2000. The community back then was something close to that of Jabba's Palace, you got all sorts. the good, the bad, the ugly, the damn right dreadful. but man was it the best!!. You could walk into Astroid, and get 20 "heys!" from your buds, or at the same time you could get the haters calling you out. I left abruptly around 2000, and didn't look back, only recently have I began to wonder what happend to good old Astroid and my long lost buds that I would sit up all night with talking about any old stuff, playing games, trash talking etc. The Zone seems to have gone now to, I was hoping to log on Zf and check out who all is still around.

Those 2 years were the best gaming years of my life, it'll never be that good again, (tho I was alot younger back then and had no real responsibiltys)

So Im just posting this here, because its the only place I found, I google'd some players names, Clan names, but everything is gone now,

Im just wondering what happend to players of those years, what became of them? and there clans? JOTS(jedi of the sith) NBK players(natural born killas) in fact I did stumble across http://members.tripod.com/max_79/nbk/ on google, but its still only from 2000, and only the members page really works. Clans like GI, OotCS, GQ, DIK, 435, nEw (cant remember what they all stand for) Players like _Quatermain_ , Sgt_Salt, Instigator, Majic, DooM, Queenie, JBWithers, MAX, YG, slave, blackbunnie, jots_msk could go on for ever...

SO if your a MotS player, however well known or not you were, any info on any of the players/clans and where they play now would be cool =)

MotS and its community was golden.. Ill never forget those gaming days!

Later!

-FB-

This is Americano, DIK (Dedicated Intelligent Knights) is still very much alive but we have moved to playing local tournaments in Miami mostly on the 360. Halo, Halo 2 and GOW. Yes I very much remember the golden days of Mots and actually one of my members is writing a script about those years. I remember all the big time players, the regulars, the sysops and the madness. I played everyday for 3 years sometimes for hours. We reached a pinnacle of gaming success most people didnt think possible and brought down some powerful clans. I remember RS was a respected clan who specialized in NF sabers. I remember fighting your leader on the level "Splinter of the minds eye" very respectful player.

• 2 months later...
This is Americano, DIK (Dedicated Intelligent Knights) is still very much alive but we have moved to playing local tournaments in Miami mostly on the 360. Halo, Halo 2 and GOW. Yes I very much remember the golden days of Mots and actually one of my members is writing a script about those years. I remember all the big time players, the regulars, the sysops and the madness. I played everyday for 3 years sometimes for hours. We reached a pinnacle of gaming success most people didnt think possible and brought down some powerful clans. I remember RS was a respected clan who specialized in NF sabers. I remember fighting your leader on the level "Splinter of the minds eye" very respectful player.

AMERICANOanass.

• 2 weeks later...

haha wow, never saw this coming.

i often wonder what happened to everyone from the zone, i havent spoken too or heard from anyone from asteroid in ages. other than calyx who i grew up with. Amer and DooM great to see you are both still kickin.

i had so much fun in those days, DIK lives on thats so cool.

*edit*

i was wrong, i talk to Pyreus and Confed every day cause we still game together. often not in the same games but we have a vent server we use all the time.

i have limited infos on a few players.

myself (DIK_COWB0Y) i play World of Warcraft in my spare time.

DKB_Confed plays SWG cause he loves the constant pvp.

DKB_Pyreus plays WoW on the same server i do, and some other stuff.

Calyx_NBK plays WoW on a different server than i do.

last i heard Rage and Nicodemus were playing tribes 2 or something like that. wish i could remember the name of the guild they were in.

for a while after mots died out i played JK with the JaG clan, and we actually managed to keep in touch for a considerable amount of time after JK died out as well, but that was several years ago.

i remember mots mostly with warm fuzzies. i had tons of fun and got to know alot of unique people from all walks of live and from many different places.

weapon 8 and freeze tag 4 evah.

• 3 weeks later...

GQ_Sirbob

I also lost 3 years of my life on this game 98-2000. Too many Zone memories there was so much drama going on that you reallly get pulled in to playing all night every night. I remember all the top clans like DIK, 435, GI, POS, jots, MD.. I use GQ in my webmail so that I'll never forget MOTS.

I am currently a Graphic designer for Cell phones, and I also create the desktop wallpaper for the San Diego Chargers. I currently post on the Chargers website and create cool signatures art for forums. I no longer am a gamer I would like to maybe get into Starcraft2 someday but not at the level I was playing MOTS.

I also own sirbob.com

If you frequent any other forums and were an old friend of mine just post the forum URL, I'll stop by and make you a sig.

Here are some JOTS_MAX pages still standing.

http://home.san.rr.com/max/coolppl.htm

http://home.san.rr.com/max/mots.htm

I vote for MOTS2 with next Generation graphics but same game play! all but the saber battle contact.

• 1 month later...

Hey MotS multiplayer on 28.8 / 56K was the golden age of multiplayer gaming for me too! I went by the name Bombo Biggles in multiplayer MotS and I originally wrote - typed up the 1st MOTS Taunt List that I submitted years and years ago (almost a decade) to jediknight.net and I can't believe you can still find it out there at this particular link:

http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/7933/MotS-Taunts.txt

God I wish someone would just bring back jediboard and improve upon it! I used to love just posting and hosting my ip address on there and writing a description and leaving comments about that particular game played. JediBoard was just great. Bring back JediBoard!

People I have had contact with from the old school of MOTS/JOTS

Mango- Ran in to him about 3 years ago at his shop.

Carnage- havent seen him since Episode 1 came out LOL

Tina- Same

Tina's Husband Demon something I think. Same

Nicodemus I was talking to him a few years ago on some tribes forums but I can't remember where.

i wonder what the whole GDS faction is up to, they came along later on in the mots timeline but some of them were alot of fun and pretty good.

Predator

Vaporz

Reaper

i used to log onto my old icq and see a few names pop up that still used icq, DIK_NiCoDeMuS, DIK_RAGE, GDS_Vaporz, JaG_Fleury, JaG_BuDMaN, JOTS_BigDee

havent logged on in a long time though.

I wonder what the zone MOTS community would have been like with things such as ventrilo or teamspeak.

i can still remember the first zone ban i got.. lol. i was in _2Cool_ at the time and +Deal4U whipped an ip ban on me.. which didnt do much at the time cause hardly anyone had static ips.

HAHa totally I remember the IP bans, that was so funny. I think I had 7 or 8 zone login Names and ironically enough the POS_Smackmaster one was the only one to not get banned.

What is this "new zone" I've heard a bout a few times?

i remember the mots era , like the poster said, best gaming days.. best gaming days ill ever have anyway. i remember it all, the dramas, the clans.. new bartender vs yg and nbk 24/7, the whole icequeens move from ootcs to nbk and the sturs is made thru the community..the good goes to the darkside type deal. i remember the whole zappo and his fish stuff, still to this day.. was the guy with the fish for real. gds britsh boy rising from the sdk clan and gaining a little respect, xmens_rouge and spacechk fights, xmens_rouges nose being big, bee and his many alias's, was he or wasnt he dik, 2cool being banned, 2cools site being taken down by there host for rasist material, +bromide, jots_allies being a jackass, carnage and moose drinking in the lobby all night, devildog - nuffsaid, great times, all of it... i remember to much for my own good, but its funny how these things stick with you, it just shows that for me, those really were some of the best times and the best community gaming years i have had and probably will have..and its 10 years gone.

Good Lord the Zappo and his Fish. I totally forgot about that. I think I still have that picture somewhere. I'll find it and put it up for all of your reminiscence. aahhhh those were the good days of gaming for sure. Natural competition in a forum where anything went.... As long as a Sysop wasn't in the room, but Hey it was MOTS we were the jerks of JK and were proud of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

OMG…I can’t believe I stumbled across this thread. I just found megs and megs of zipped MoTS screenshots on an old machine of mine the other day. I was never really into the clan thing, so you guys probably don’t remember me. I was in RS + DoTS for a while, but I tended to switch names several time a night. (Kronos, Kalis, Methos, Kanwulf , and other Highlander derivatives) It was just easier to switch names and keep playing than to waste time trying to convince the noobs that you beat them fair and square. Anyway, in these screenshots I found, I think I saw just about everyone who’s posted or been mentioned here. Definitely the best gaming days of my life. Some of my favorite times were playing nf sabers with Starman, Kai, Eagle, and the other RS guys. And ff games with OJ, Ash, BabyDragon, Deciple, and the GQ boys. Oh, and I second that motion for a MoTS2.

OMG…I can’t believe I stumbled across this thread. I just found megs and megs of zipped MoTS screenshots on an old machine of mine the other day. I was never really into the clan thing, so you guys probably don’t remember me. I was in RS + DoTS for a while, but I tended to switch names several time a night. (Kronos, Kalis, Methos, Kanwulf , and other Highlander derivatives) It was just easier to switch names and keep playing than to waste time trying to convince the noobs that you beat them fair and square. Anyway, in these screenshots I found, I think I saw just about everyone who’s posted or been mentioned here. Definitely the best gaming days of my life. Some of my favorite times were playing nf sabers with Starman, Kai, Eagle, and the other RS guys. And ff games with OJ, Ash, BabyDragon, Deciple, and the GQ boys. Oh, and I second that motion for a MoTS2.

Feel free to post some of those SS's here or at http://www.jkdf2.net we have a pictures archive over there and I could add those images to it :)

Hi Cougar, I was checking out jkdf2.net and didn't see any link or forum thread for a picture archive, so I'll try to post a few screenshots here. If you're really interested, I could email them to you. I literally have hundreds of them. And I think I'm gonna install Mots and practice up in case you guys have another tournament. Dang, that was the best game ever! Later.

shot007va8.th.jpg

shot0009alg3.th.jpg

shot0036vx6.th.jpg

shot00027nk0.th.jpg

shot0042ak9.th.jpg

shot0043gd8.th.jpg

shot0102al6.th.jpg

shot0113cs8.th.jpg

Archived