Home

Beneath Monkey Island

MJ

Beneath Monkey Island will be chugging along with new parts approximately once a month. I hope you all enjoy the swashbuckling adventure! Use this thread to post feedback (please), questions, musings, or whatever.

Ultimately, be froopy!

Originally released? Ages ago. I have no exact idea. More than a year, at least.

Part 2 was released as well, but this is a new version of it - it's been completely re-recorded, and sounds much cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno i kinda like Carl he sounds funny as hell. Reminds me of Eddie Murphy though. *shrugs* But it's entertaining and i've listened to part 1 and 2 a couple times already for laughs. Anyways keep it up. :D

I'm glad he reminds you of Eddie Murphy, that's what I was aiming for. Wait until the insult swordfighting comes into play, that's when he shows himself as a real Beverly Hills Pirate. :)

I hope you've watched your Eddie Murphy Beverly Hills Cop Movies and probably Golden Child those movies would probably be best suited for the character concept. Just my take on it *shrugs*

Yeah, Beverly Hills Cop definitely. And apparently a bit of Donkey from Shrek. And I got his distinctive laugh going, you can hear it in part 1.

Congrats, B00, you made the 3000th post in the Nightlight forums! Should there be some kind of ceremony?

Really? I did? Cool! *shrugs* I dunno about the whole ceremony thing though. I'm just doing my part to keep the forums going. :D

Edit: You could make a news post on the site about it. Hey it's news! *shrugs*

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah! *thumbs up*

I'm going to be honest though, it does seem like you're running out of voices. I mean, LeChuck (The Autonomous Rotting Corpse Captain is LeChuck right?) A) Sounds like Scottish Darth Vapor and B)Sounds nearly exactly like DeCasador.

Not a big deal, but it's kind of noticeable.

Yeah, but really, what actor doesn't have that problem? Ever noticed how Mushu from Mulan sounds exactly like Donkey from Shrek? Considering that I've provided the voices for probably around 10 characters in different radio plays, that's pretty good. :)

Oh, and DeCazador and LeChuck are voiced by different people. But there's only so many different pirate voices you can have.

Yeah, but really, what actor doesn't have that problem? Ever noticed how Mushu from Mulan sounds exactly like Donkey from Shrek?
At least they were in different movies

Considering that I've provided the voices for probably around 10 characters in different radio plays, that's pretty good. :)

Oh, I don't want to come off like I'm knocking you, you're fantastic. Brilliant really. The fact that you can do 10+ characters who do sound nearly completely different is impressive.

Oh, and DeCazador and LeChuck are voiced by different people. But there's only so many different pirate voices you can have.

Wha, really? *check's credits* That's really weird. Because, if LeChuck talked just a little faster and surly he'd sound pretty much exactly like DeCazador. At least to my ears.

Yeah, I sat across from Stanley the entire time that he was doing the voice of DeCazador. I can pick the difference, but that's me.

There's a blooper somewhere that I saved (I'm planning to put together a BMI blooper reel) that has me trying to sort out the LeChuck voice. And yeah, I had trouble not straying too much into 'Vapour' territory. Which, incidently, is me doing a dodgy impersonation of John Goodman.

And don't worry, I'm not taking it the wrong way. It's a problem I'm aware of, and something I keep in mind every time I approach a new radio idea - what voice can I do that sounds different enough from previous radio series.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Number 2 i know he usually follows the evil bad guy in lost cause and in beneath monkey island. But i mean c'mon hasn't he had enough abuse. Force Choked alot, shot out of a Star Destroyer, and now thrown into a pit of Lava...i seriously feel sorry for him.

• 8 months later...

Archived