Home

Do you own a Psp?

tyrone333

I don't have one.

However, I'd say about 80% of the guys in my neighborhood have PSPs. It seems to be the new fad at our school. Some of them don't even have games, they just use them for the music and movies.

Meh.

^^ Fail.

Anyway, I don't think I'd ever get it. It's okay as a game machine and okay as a media player, but the memory is just so ridiculously expensive. The battery life is reportedly the suck and if I got it, I'd probably only get Lumines.

I have a DS. But I'm not thrilled about it, it's funny, but I won't go running around on forums going "OMG LOL I GOTS DS IT RULES LOLLOLOLOL!!!!!1"

Yeah I have one and the kool thing is I did get it. My friend got it for me for christmas. I'm absoultly loving it. I've got tons of games already. Infact I just picked up Tekken Dark Resurection. I'm really waiting for Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to come out here in New Zealand. But I really love my psp. Its great. Not perfect but nearly. And to TiE23 Yeah the memory is expencive depending on how big you want it but thats the same with a pc and the battery life was just a rumor. I play for hours and my battery hardly loses juice.

@ tyrone333: Don't worry, the PSP is doing well for itself, in fact it's selling just as well as the PS3 and PS2 was in its first 130something weeks. But the thing is, the PSP isn't the king of the handheld market cause the DS is selling twice as more units as the PSP and has a wider variety of games that all kinds of people want.

The PSP is a great jack of all trades... in a way... but the problems that introduces is that it becomes too complicated for most people. The only people I've ever known to own a PSP are teens who want to be the coolest and tech geeks. Though I notice that the tech geeks I know sell their PSP after awhile when they realise it's not that good a multimedia device.

The fact is, while the PSP can play movies and music and does all these neat things, people quickly realise that other devices can do it better. And a lot of my friends realised pretty quickly that their PS2's and Xbox360s are better sources for the kind of games the PSP tries to sell them. Those who bought PSPs sold them and bought a DS lite because they got different kinds of games that they couldn't play on their home consoles. It's also a case of having more quality games to play.

I'm not saying the PSP absolutely sucks, personally I'd buy a PS2 over a PSP and I own a DS lite and a tonne of DS games among other things... but I will say that the PSP was a good first try for Sony, they actually survived against Nintendo. No one has ever done that in the past.

@ Bomberman65: I play my DS lite for days and the battery hardly loses any juice. That's the key difference when you actually do compare battery life.

True but still I've had my psp for ages and I love it. I guess it's not whats better its just what people like. People can say the DS is better or the PSP is better. Wrong. They both have their pros and cons and its just what people like. Too people who say one is better than the other, Grow up its just a handheld if someone likes the other don't try to change their mind. I mean my friend has a DS and I have a PSP and I don't want a DS and my friend doesn't want a PSP. And I'm kool with that I mean i'm bummed I can't play PSP games with him but he wanted a DS not a PSP and I'm not forceing him to get the other. So I'm only into the console wars not the handhelds but I hate fanboys. Fanboyes get a life.

Archived