Home

Extract samples from DOTT

zhak-zigil

Hi there,

i wanted to extract the spoken samples from DOTT via scummrev, but a problem occured: when exploring the monster.sou, the only sound files shown and playable are the normal soundeffects like "swoosh", "bang" and so on. (except the last one which is a sentence from one of the FBI-Guys).

So, does anyone have an idea how to extract the talking ? It would be awesome to get Hoagie´s voice on my PC!

BTW: I have the german version of the game..

ScummRev 2 can play them, for the english version anyway. The German version shouldn't be any different. All voices and effects are in the CREA blocks and can be played.

Hmmm, there is only one crea block containing speech, the one I mentioned before. But there´s an unknown block ("????"), which maybe contains the voices? When I switch into hex mode, scummrev describes this block as an VCTL; nevertheless, i can´t open it.

The problem is solved: I used the sou to mp3 compress tool to convert the whole file into one audio track. Of course this is not the best method (i have to search and cut out the wanted pieces now - horrible work) but it´s better than nothing.

Thanks for your help, though!

Archived