• Metal
    • Rock
    • Rap/hip hop
    • Classical
    • Jazz
    • Other
    • Pop
    • All of them!

Like EagerWeasel said, I prefer songs to types of music, But I'd say I'm into Rock/Metal mainly, although I have been known to listen to Motown and Funk... OW!

The Moody Blues -

The Rolling Stones -

The Who -

AC/DC -

Black Sabbath -

Blue Öyster Cult -

David Bowie -

Cream -

Deep Purple -

Eagles -

Genesis -

Heart -

Jimi Hendrix -

Lynyrd Skynyrd -

Led Zeppelin -

Rush -

Danzig -

Echo & the Bunnymen

Guns N' Roses -

!!! Iron Maiden - !!!

Judas Priest -

Megadeth -

Metallica -

Mötley Crüe-

Pantera-

Queensrÿche -

Yngwie J. Malmsteen!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - (Pre 90's)

Van Halen - DLR

Whitesnake -

Saxon-

Metal mostly :urpdude:

Though I do have my fair share of crystal-toting, tree-hugging Enya-ish instrumental, no lyric type of ambiance tunes for the times I'd rather concentrate/relax rather than feel like I want to kick puppies and kittens :xp:

I like all sorts depending on my mood honestly.. I try not to limit my options, but certain types of music definitely appeal to me more :)

what, only one selection allowed??....what do you think I am....14 :(

all of the above. The only music I dont really like is country, excluding the Rockabilly type stuff by Johhny Cash... twas cool. But Garth Brooks type stuff....bleh :(

astro

Depends on the day I'm having.

My tastes run to the eclectic and I enjoy music from quite a few generes and some of those generes are fused with one another.

Some days I like to remenisce with music from the past and some days I need to hear something new.

I do enjoy live music. I try to get out and check out new bands when I can.

Most of them suck, but it still can be fun if you're with the right company.

Today, I started off with a little Eddie Vedder Yellow Leadbetter, moved to The Middle of the Road from the Pretenders then jumped into some Zenyatta Mandatta and had some Shadows in the Rain by the Police.

This was all before 6am.

Now, I've got a little Coltrane in the background while I work.

Maybe later I'll re-live the the latest, greatest rock opera of all time, Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche.

what, only one selection allowed??....what do you think I am....14 :(

all of the above. The only music I don't really like is country, excluding the Rockabilly type stuff by Johhny Cash... twas cool. But Garth Brooks type stuff....bleh :(

astro

QFE New country (Barf Brooks) is nothing better then bad Rock & Roll.

I'm a hip hop connoisseur, been getting gradually into early 90s late 80s rap.

I like what sounds good, basically. So I also listen a ton of classic rock, especially 70s stuff, but I'm not the typical "wooo Led Zeppelin are the 70s Beatles are the 60s" kind of guy. Listen to stuff from the decade in it's entirety. Not saying I'm a music aficianado in that aspect because really, I've only heard a few songs from the decade other than the most popular bands. But I do like to listen to the popular songs from movie soundtracks (Remember the Titans soundtrack comes to mind)

Anyway.

Go music.

Let's see.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Nightwish

Epica

After Forever

Chingon

Ensiferum

Lacuna Coil

Mezarkabul

Sentenced

Nile

Elis

I also like some random bands in Viking and Black metal, such as Wintersun, Bathory, Amon Amarth, Gorgoroth, Black Majesty and so on, but that's only on radio.

So overall, it's Power Metal, Heavy Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Folk Metal, Gothic Metal, Symphonic Metal. I also love classical music, and international folk music. As Astro knows, I love Turkish War Music. :D

Actually, I generally like good music from all genres. I'd rather say what I hate - Punk Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop and Nu-Metal (and all related genres).

I went with "other," since most of my listening at this point consists of anime themes with occasional smatterings of late 80s-mid 90s alternative and power pop. (think Husker Du [note: I am waaay too lazy right now to umlaut my u's, so just pretend they're there] through Sugar and you're on the right track...with lots of HUM on the side as a garnish)

although, if you went through my CD collection you'd see plenty of classic rock (Yes, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd...Zappa maybe? Dunno how to classify him but I have around 70 discs worth of Zappa stuff) and more eclectic stuff as well.

Just not too into current stuff, for better or for worse, though the ocassional band does make it through my filtration system...and I have a secret soft spot for nerdcore rap (Optimus Rhyme, mc chris, MC Frontalot...) that probably grew out of my crazy love for the Beastie Boys (up to but not including To The Five Boroughs)

Archived