• Rock
    • Rap/hip hop
    • Classical
    • Jazz
    • Other
    • Pop
    • All of them!

... As Astro knows, I love Turkish War Music. :D

Sabre is referring to 'Mehter-an', traditional Ottoman Military Music. Using reed instruments, bugles and drums, the compositions reflected the battle posture of the Ottoman army. In the days of Byzantium, seeing an advancing Ottoman army of 80,000 with 5,000 Mehteran blaring away was a pretty frightening experience for most who encountered them - and is reported as such in many contemporary accounts.

anyway, I digress :D

carry on!

mtfbwya

Let's see.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Nightwish

Epica

After Forever

Chingon

Ensiferum

Lacuna Coil

Mezarkabul

Sentenced

Nile

Elis

I also like some random bands in Viking and Black metal, such as Wintersun, Bathory, Amon Amarth, Gorgoroth, Black Majesty and so on, but that's only on radio.

So overall, it's Power Metal, Heavy Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Folk Metal, Gothic Metal, Symphonic Metal. I also love classical music, and international folk music. As Astro knows, I love Turkish War Music. :D

Actually, I generally like good music from all genres. I'd rather say what I hate - Punk Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop and Nu-Metal (and all related genres).

Nothin' wrong with Punk, early Punk in particular is closely tied to early metal and bands like the Ramones have influence more than a few metal bands to come after that...

Nothin' wrong with Punk, early Punk in particular is closely tied to early metal and bands like the Ramones have influence more than a few metal bands to come after that...

Perhaps, but by Punk Rock, I was referring to the new breed of Punk Rock. Never heard early punk, so I cannot comment there.

metal/hard rock. i like rob zombie, rammstein, evanescence, system of a down, disturbed, hed p.e., p.o.d., linkin park, three days grace, and godsmack. i like trance music too...so i can tolerate pop and some rap.

I listen to most of them, but rock more than others. I do dearly love my soundtracks and classical/instrumental as well. For example, some of the bands I listen to most are: Black Lab (altrock) Collective Soul (pop/rock), NiИ, Live (rock), U2, Clint Mansell (instrumental), Semisonic, Ace of Base (europop), CCR, the Beatles, Evanescence, Pearl Jam, etc., etc. I usually don't listen to rap or country, though there are a couple of songs that I don't mind in each of those genres.

What have I loaded onto the new iPod so far....

Micheal W. Smith

Lacuna Coil

Eagles

Meatloaf

Mercyme

Don Henley

Keith Green

Selah

4Him

Within Temptation

Genesis

Sting

Seal

Backstreet Boys

Ricky Martin

soundtrack music from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Christmas music (including the Agnus Dei Christmas cantata that Michael W. Smith wrote)

Eric Clapton

FFH

Evanescence

and a couple others whose names escape me atm.

wow, soo many people listen to metal. i picked Rap/Hip-Hop, since thats pretty much what I'm listening to at the moment.

To see what I don't like, look in my signature below! hehehe

<shameless plug warning> If anyone is interested in t-shirts, just send me a PM. ;)

wow, thats lame. how can you hate a genre of music soo much? how can you hate a genre of music soo much that you form a club/group and give out t-shirts. like wtf? if i don't like a genre of music, it's not like im going to start trying to convert everybody to not listen to it. God, what has this world come to?

Like EagerWeasel said, I prefer songs to types of music, But I'd say I'm into Rock/Metal mainly, although I have been known to listen to Motown and Funk... OW!

The Moody Blues -

The Rolling Stones -

The Who -

AC/DC -

Black Sabbath -

Blue Öyster Cult -

David Bowie -

Cream -

Deep Purple -

Eagles -

Genesis -

Heart -

Jimi Hendrix -

Lynyrd Skynyrd -

Led Zeppelin -

Rush -

Danzig -

Echo & the Bunnymen

Guns N' Roses -

!!! Iron Maiden - !!!

Judas Priest -

Megadeth -

Metallica -

Mötley Crüe-

Pantera-

Queensrÿche -

Yngwie J. Malmsteen!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - (Pre 90's)

Van Halen - DLR

Whitesnake -

Saxon-

Well Same here ... Rock/Metal!!

wow, thats lame. how can you hate a genre of music soo much? how can you hate a genre of music soo much that you form a club/group and give out t-shirts. like wtf? if i don't like a genre of music, it's not like im going to start trying to convert everybody to not listen to it. God, what has this world come to?

Evidently, someone lacks a sense of humor! I won't lie, I do dislike Rap (afterall, you can't spell CRAP without RAP ;)) and I wonder what "this world has come to" when popular music is degrading to women and promotes criminal behavior. But the designs you see are made for humor sake. So lighten up and laugh at yourself!

Evidently, someone lacks a sense of humor! I won't lie, I do dislike Rap (afterall, you can't spell CRAP without RAP ;)) and I wonder what "this world has come to" when popular music is degrading to women and promotes criminal behavior. But the designs you see are made for humor sake. So lighten up and laugh at yourself!

Word up dawg!

(afterall, you can't spell CRAP without RAP ;))

awwwww shiiiit

when popular music is degrading to women and promotes criminal behavior.

degrading to women? i don't think i understand. so your saying that women are inferior or something?

Where you get that from, I have no idea. What I mean is that a lot of Rap lyrics are disrespectful (to say the least) to women.

o, i see. i don't agree with you completely, but i don't want to ruin this thread.

Why can't we all just headbang in peace :p

But seriously rock and especially metal seems to be favorite of most people. I find that kind of weird since I'm the only metalhead at my entire school, and than here metal is the most liked music.

Archived