Home

female characters

Oh There is That Ugly Mutilated Twi'Lek scumbag trying to yet again steal the first DeathStar plans... Granted, her droid is kinda cool, but her character is bleak and boring, and not the sexies twi'lek girl you will meat. Not to mention, who would want some single lekku breeder with less than interesting personality?

Oh, while some puzzles are nice in the game (NDS/PSP versions are quite different, and I can say cause I finish both of them) and some cool moves even, Lethal/Deadly Alliance in general is boring most of the time, and with quite some reptetive actions and less than interesting graphics.

And seriously, Kyle is cool, she is not. Please, no one should be stealing/mangling with DS1 plans anymore, things are complicated as is.

Oh, Jade is playable in one of the JK series for a brief while in the storyline.

Why dpn't you play galxies it has cutzimized people and you can be a girl and all.

Because the question was, "When is there going to be a Star Wars videogame where the main character is canonically female?" In Galaxies, there is no "main character", and all the characters are customizable, like you said, meaning that there is no canonical version.

I can think of two SW games with female main characters. There's the Exile in TSL (though I don't much care for canon in RPGs), and Mysteries of the Sith, where you play as Mara Jade.

Hutts are herms, so Jabba is actually also Lady Jabba. Good luck calling him Lady Jabba though.

And really, Jaden's story is quite neutal when it comes to Gender. So Jaden being a transversite, or a pre-opt transexual will have little affact on the story. Same CANNOT be saide for other chapters of the JK series. The idea of Kyle in Drag Dancers outfit is something that even Nihilus would fear.

You mean Jaden is chronologically a Hutt, Hssiss, Howlrunner, Ho'Din, H'nemthe, or a Hawk-bat?

No. Read my post again and you'll see that that's not what I said. The only possible species choices for a male Jaden are Human, Kel-Dor, or Rodian. So far though, his species has not been stated as canonical (not chronological - those two words have very different meanings).

• 4 weeks later...

I just set Revan to female, Exile to female, Jaden to female and play as Aayla or Leia. But there should be more games that have the protaganist as female. How about, given her popularity, a game where you played through Aayla's storyline? Or still on the expanded universe play as Mara or Jaina Solo?

Things about totally EU timeline is that many non fans would have gotten lost. Remember there are people who don't even know Mara Jade is, let alone Jaina.

Though I have to say Jaina would make a nice main character for a game. I mean, she can even say hello to her brother :)

Though I have to say Jaina would make a nice main character for a game. I mean, she can even say hello to her brother :)

Oh...without dropping any spoilers that is bad.

Things about totally EU timeline is that many non fans would have gotten lost. Remember there are people who don't even know Mara Jade is, let alone Jaina.

Mara Jade would be at or near the top, but a lot of EU characters are strong enough to carry a game, for example, on their own rather than having to create new character leads all the time. Plus I'm not sure if this would be fact but judging by how beloved she is given her limited screen time I think people would only need one look at Aayla, just as an example, and go looking into the EU and the like.

My theory on this is that their are more guys into star wars then their are girls that are into star wars while i am not saying they should neglect the female audience companys will always try to please the majority first.

Can you say Lara Croft? Who knows if the Tomb Raider games would be anywhere as popular if they had Indiana Jones instead, I know I would buy it, but they can just as easily cater to men, women too, by having a strong female lead. Joanna Dark, Jill Valentine and Mara Jade would be three top examples of characters who appeal to females because in them we have these kick ass women taking centre stage and appeal to males because of the shall we say 'Lara Croft' factor.

She's not in a game but "Stacy" from Pink 5 is now cannon, Lucas allowed it and Timothy Zahn also wrote Stacy into one of his books, I think she kicks ass :D, watch it, Pink 5 is coool, lol

I hope not...

I mean, the series are fun and all, but some of those stuff, really, its more silly then holiday special. On the side note, its funny as hell, and everyone should have seen it, some of the best star wars fan films.

I just set Revan to female, Exile to female, Jaden to female and play as Aayla or Leia. But there should be more games that have the protaganist as female. How about, given her popularity, a game where you played through Aayla's storyline? Or still on the expanded universe play as Mara or Jaina Solo?

I agree, in kotor I & II, its what ever you play as, but in the actual star wars story line, shes a girl.

And don't forget about Kotor I or II, you can be a female in that to.

Can you say Lara Croft? Who knows if the Tomb Raider games would be anywhere as popular if they had Indiana Jones instead, I know I would buy it, but they can just as easily cater to men, women too, by having a strong female lead. Joanna Dark, Jill Valentine and Mara Jade would be three top examples of characters who appeal to females because in them we have these kick ass women taking centre stage and appeal to males because of the shall we say 'Lara Croft' factor.

Maybe Jade would work well, we should give her a try. And all those in jokes... like telling solo "Darn your kids are killing me..."

But Smuggler's Alliance era Jade is a good theme. I would say even the imperial era Jade, but that would be pushing it a bit. Skilled, more sneaky, some force ability, lots and lots of weapons to play with... maybe even a lightsaber.

Actually I am also thinking about Jan Ors(rebellion era), minor enough to play with her storyline, chance to meet a would be jedi mercenary. Oh she is a darn good pilot, spy, and what not. Did I mention all the possable itibitz for EU fans?

No...the in jokes just would not fly with me unless we have Jaina taking a lightsaber to her brother. But am Empire era Mara Jade game, I would quite enjoy the skullduggery that occurs with her and Vader.

As for a Jan Ors centred game, bring it on. Take away the light side\dark side, politics, ect and have a game that goes like this: point, pull, repeat. The simple life of a commando needs a comeback so we can take a break from moralising over doing the right thing, history over the Jedi\Sith and ad hock political statements and commentary.

Ok, that would be a nice in joke, much better than Han Solo saying "get me one of those" to the ancient Mandalorian armor and sword. But, it may just be me, but I found that of all those grandkids of Anakin/Vader, Jaina seems to have the most "Anakin" personality. Yes there was a time I would REALLY want to see Darth Jaina, too bad it is not to be.

And Yes, Jan Ors... that is the reason why I would like her to star in a game. I mean, a cool non-saber game would be great. The galaxy far far away seems much much cooler in the eyes of a non-jedi. Maybe thats the reason why most fav StarWars character on my top10 list are(were) not Force Users. Plus, we do want to know how she gets that robot hand of hers... definitely not a "kitchen accident with the juicer"

Though that would be killer if we are thinking she lost it fighting Vader\Palpatone\Mara Jade, at once, only for it to be something like that. But yes you are so right, the only lightsaber I want to see is you taking it from your favourite Jedi\Sith, ramming it against someone's throat and threaten to pop the blade. We've had enough emo storytelling, give us the no nonsense characters back. Someone who'll take a blaster rifle and take charge, Leia style.

Archived