Home

An actual "creation" museum

kipperthefrog

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=395367&GT1=10142

An Article about Answers in Genisis Creation Museum. it happens to be located near me. Suposivly Adam and Eve was in the Garden of Eden with dinosours. and that the earth is 6000 years old. And its targeted to children.

Educaters say its scientifficlt inacurite, yet Ken Ham, the founder says he uses the same science as thay do. I wonder what "science" they used to declare anyting about Adam and Eve and Noah's ark?

This is the same group that was found in this video i posted a while back:

It led me to thinking: Darwin and Galileo Both made discoveries and people thought they were contrary to the Bible so they wouldnt believe it!

What if they spoke out aginst Galileo as well as Darwin?

"I dont beleive the earth revolves around the sun! I Believe what the bible says is true! that the Sun Orbits the Earth! That God put the earth on its foundations and it can never be moved" The kids would probably believe it! sad indeed.

Various Bible Qoutes

(Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, and Chronicles 16:30 state that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." Psalm 104:5 says, "[the LORD] set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

There's a big thread (well, 74 posts or so anyway) in the KOTOR section in Kavar's Corner on this topic if you're interested in seeing what people here have said so far on this topic.

Fundamentalists desecrate the very idea of museums ( 1 2 )

Dagobahn Eagle

The verses quoted are part of poetry--we have poetic/idiomatic constructions in literature such as "Your fiery eyes...' 'Raven-haired' and even 'foundations of the earth'. Do we mean that people literally have black birds as hair? Or flames shooting out of their eyes? No. :)

Yes, don't worry Kipper, as others have pointed out, we've noticed.

I believe that my stance has explained sufficiently in the other thread, but to summarize... I hate it.

Museums are for education, not for pushing politics or mythology. And for the record, yes, I dislike all instances of biased museums, encyclopedias, news, etc., including those that agree with me, such as ScepticWiki and the recent exhibition in Oslo promoting the natural nature (no pun intended) of homosexuality while making it quite clear that its aim is to combat homophobia. As I posted in the other thread: How is this any better than North Korean museums' displays about how Kim il-Sun created the peninsula of Korea?

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=395367&GT1=10142

An Article about Answers in Genisis Creation Museum. it happens to be located near me. Suposivly Adam and Eve was in the Garden of Eden with dinosours. and that the earth is 6000 years old. And its targeted to children.

Now, this is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard or seen, how the hell can someone who deny evolution; label it as blasphemy, but try to incorporate it's evidence in their view of how life started on Earth. :lol:

Ain't this ironic!

What is this, if you can't beat them, join them.

They must be unconsciously trying to acknowlege evolution evidence and accept evolution as fact as they imagine this strange world where dinosours are tame monster reptiles and Earth is the center of the universe.

Well, ignorance is bliss;

no worries be happy. :lol:

horses.jpg

--From SWPh's article.

Wait --they admit evolution is real and yet have built a museum against it:confused:? But yes, that museum is downright sick.

Wikipedia article on the subject.

You mean he didn't?!?!? ;):p
Of course it's only a theory that he didn't because no one was there to see it get formed, and surely it's a disgrace that our anti-Communist, North Korea-hating schools don't teach both sides of the issue, but no, I don't think he did.

Archived