Home

Taris Restoration Project?

Should Taris have a restoration project in KOTOR 3?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Taris have a restoration project in KOTOR 3?

• Yeah
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I dont care.

I would like to see Taris again, but only as a burned out shell with shattered gray ruins (possibly even with one or two towers still standing, albeit heavily damaged). If it is to return, then I'd also like to see the sea...

Whilst I'm on the subject, I'm wondering just how much of Taris is covered in ocean. From looking at http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Tarisfull.jpg and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Taris_surf.jpg , it appears that the Taris cityscape only covers a relatively narrow belt of land below the equator, and there is further evidence to support this in the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping the Sith bombardment. Nevertheless, I could be wrong as Taris is termed a city world and not an aquatic world; and it seems to be inferred that the city takes up the greater proportion of the surface. Furthermore, the escape pods from the Endar Spire crashed in the city - a surprising feat, considering that the world is supposedly almost entirely covered in water and the simple fact that you cannot aim an escape pod.

Uhh! It's a NO from me!

I feel it's a case of been there, done that - KOTOR 3 will be more interesting if it has NEW panets, not just reskinned jobs from its predecessors. To fit in with Revan finding the "True Sith Empire" the game would make most sense in fitting the game around the unkown regions or sith worlds - Besides as far as cityscape planets go i'd rather want Coruscant than Taris again.

Canonically, Taris was indeed restored but never to its even "secondly" former glory, I mean the one in KOTOR. Now, I don't know when this happened, but if Mindtwistah's right, well, it wouldn't quite be the Old Republic, would it? I voted maybe anyways. Even if it happened at that point, for it to be relevant to the story would be very difficult. There's nothing important on Taris.

Uhh! It's a NO from me!

I feel it's a case of been there, done that - KOTOR 3 will be more interesting if it has NEW panets, not just reskinned jobs from its predecessors. To fit in with Revan finding the "True Sith Empire" the game would make most sense in fitting the game around the unkown regions or sith worlds - Besides as far as cityscape planets go i'd rather want Coruscant than Taris again.

Agreed. The most boring planets on TSL were the ones we'd seen before anyway...

No, no and no.

Of course that the game says that, if Telos Restoration Project was succeeded, other planets would have this project installed on them. But what would be the point on restoring a planets such as Taris? Almost everyone born there, or that lived there, is now dead. Telos, however, had many, many orphans spread throughout the galaxy. That was a planet worth rebuilding, Taris is a planet worth pillaging and plunder.

Maybe a Restoration Project wouldn't be so bad, actually it would be an interesting situation, but a never seen before place, please.

Taris was the Coruscant of the outer Rim, I loved Taris ... until Malak destroyed :( , I think It should be restored. But I don’t think that it will happen because already in the history of StarWars Taris in 1BBY is still in ruins , So I think that Taris will not appear in Kotor III. Sadly but true :(

id like to start the game on taris (again). but in a refugee camp or something. I think it would be cool to see the smoldering ruins of the city up close. So no to the restoration, but yes to seeing it again.

Hell no. I hated Taris with all my heart. Almost as much as I hate Peragus. Give us the City-World of the Sith Empire, please. No familiar worlds, if we're taking on the New Sith Empire I don't even want to have heard about most of the planets. Although I wouldn't object to the Chiss Homeworld, Csilla.

Archived