Home

the Planet Holowan

tnu

I was browsing Wookieepedia and found out that Holowan is a planet and I thought this would make a good Mod. for both KOTOR and TSL as a new planet. taking several diffrent Moduals (I.E. for KOTOR I we could have a Sith Embasy and Republic Embasy by taking Moduals from the Manaun Sith Embasy and a random Modual for the republic embasy can't th ink of one right now. and have those lead in to the Academies. using the Sith Academy on Korriban and the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine. and ofcorse a Cantina with stuff like an Arena with no limit and a wide veriety of aponents and unlimited use. and there's alot more that could be done when making a planet))

If you were thinking a planet in holowan spire style that would be great! Users here in the forums can create their own characters with dialogs and send it to someone with the modules. And the person with the modules would put the character in the planet. Then I would want my character to be a champion in the arena :D

If you just meant an ordinary planet with ordinary commoners and stuff that would be fun to. I love new planets :p

An interesting piece of information here, It looks like Holowan Laboratories was a company that developed assassin droids in the old republic up to the new republic when they went out of business. Hmmm... Me thinks that somebody named the modding community after the droid developing company, hmmmm.... lol.

Also i couldn't find any entry for Holowan the planet, could you post a link please, i might attempt this if i can find a good enough source of what the planet should be like.

Well the planet was never described in great depth. what I can give you is mostly just stuff to put on it's Galaxy map entry. and yes I was thinking exactly along the lines of Holowan Spire style planet

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holowan

and ofcorse who dosn't want to get a chance to fight the Dark Lady of the Sith at Holowan

Ah yes and another thing thatr could be done is a new Partie member that could prehaps take the place of HK-47 as an IG-88 Model. If any similur Model exists in the game

Thanks for that tnu, funny thing is it relates to what i posted, its pretty cool that the company that made assassin droids had their own planet, yeah i think i may start planning this, right now I'm a little busy with Yavin 4 and other projects, but I'll put it on my things to do list.

Ohh and another pretty good thing that could help with the creation is a comic mentioned with some scanning through the Holowan search on star wars wiki, the comic "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88" has an appearance of the planet so i might look for that to see the layout of it.

EDIT: I had a search for the comic, turns out it was a noval and isn't a graphic noval, so no pics of the planet, also the planet is known as Halowan, but i suppose it could still be called the modding planet, lol.

Well, since i don't know much to put on it perhaps you all could give me idea's for what to put on it.

well actualy it can be spelled either way so Holowan works just fine

Also it makes apperences in the following sources

* Tales of the Bounty Hunters

* Star Wars: Rebellion

and

The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook

So those might be of some help

@Adelphus I get that from the fact that the sources I check say it's interchangeable

@Glovemaster that'snot a bad idea. prehaps that could lead to having a New Partie member to replace GO-TO or HK-47 Like an IG-88 if you can find a decent Model for it

To be frank, you shouldn't have both a Jedi Academy and a Sith Academy on the same planet it wouldn't be very believible.

You could pull some of the Telos military base + the droid factory as well as some other things like the Cantina from Citadel Station.

You could have a Sith Academy posing as a Jedi Academy (or even vice versa)...maybe not.

Anyway, the new planet sounds like a great idea. New areas are always fun. If you need any help in the future, I'm not too bad at skinning or the basics of Kotor Tool (utc's, uti's, 2da's).

I know. A jedi academy and a sith academy :p

If you go to the jedi academy you can do light side missions for them like protecting from waves of sith troopers attacking the academy.

If you go to the sith academy you can help them destroy the jedi academy.

ofcorse we'r makign this for both KOTOR I and II right? and It is fairly likely to have a Republic Embasy and a Sith Embasy leading in to the Jedi and Sith Academies. like Menaun

ofcorse we'r makign this for both KOTOR I and II right? and It is fairly likely to have a Republic Embasy and a Sith Embasy leading in to the Jedi and Sith Academies. like Menaun

I think it will better if the mod is only made for one of the games, due to the inconsistencies in the fact that porting modules from another game is illegal (the planet would be completely different in both versions).

I think it could work. Planets go threw changes over a time periud of five years. so it's explainable

Edit: I'm sorry no one is responding to your request tnu, but 'bumping' your thread isn't allowed here, as such I have deleted your 'bump' attmept (as well as the other one you did today), please read our Forum Rules as well as the Unique Rules for this Request forum. Thanks. -RH

• 7 months later...

I might start working on this...

If someone could get more information about Holowan for me (other than what is on Wookieepedia), I would definately take on the challenge of putting something together!

EDIT: It would have to be just a building on the planet, not a reskin of another planet's surface, because it said that it was a barren planet.

Archived