Home

What kind of love interest theme do you guys want in K3?

Hi guys. On the speculation front i thought we could discuss the personality of the love interests. I dont really want a copy of bastila and the K2 romance was lacking, i hope that they will make a kind of rogue girl that gets a soft spot for you and make it so that like in K1 the love interest (if you initiate it) can save the day near or at the end of the game.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None.

Let the Revan/Bastila or Revan/Carth relationship come to some sort of resolution, but I don't want another lovefest for the main character. Jedi aren't supposed to become romantically involved, but every single main character we see appears to break that rule with hasty abandon. I'd like to see at least one who doesn't, or the rule will lose and all credibility.

As long as she's hot and isn't some preachy, holier-than-thou brat, I'll be just fine.

As far as implementing the relationships into the main plot, I think there should be 2 love interests for both male and female, and each one could have a different effect on the plot.

Basically yeah... same thing, the only difference is that I like brats... makes them seem more like a pirate if their brats. :p

A romance that is a bit less straightforward would be nice. You should have to really work to get the love interest, well, interested: not just expect them to fall into your arms after a few dialogues. Sith Lords also seemed to be going in the right direction with alternative love interests instead of just one male and one female.

I do, however, find it slightly bizzare that homosexuality "doesn't exist" in the Star Wars mythos; and I wouldn't think that such an advanced society would be bigoted in such a respect.

None.

As I said before, you are a killer. Most people are plotting the day when they get K3 and start genociding True Sith. Why should killers fall in love? Doesn't sound fair to me.

And it's against the Jedi Code as well, for good reason. Maybe I'll be fine that if you fall in love, you HAVE to fall to the Dark Side, as per most accounts of love in Star Wars.

Like Jolee Bindo did? Luke Skywalker?

The "old" Jedi have been wiped out. If there's a new Jedi order in K3 it will be founded by Mical, Brianna Visas etc... at least that's what Kreia said. And I have the impression that those are not too fond of the old Jedi code.

And even if it's against the code - you as the PC should be free to do it. It should be hard to accomplish, and you don't have to do it at all but IMO it should be possible.

The "old" Jedi have been wiped out. If there's a new Jedi order in K3 it will be founded by Mical, Brianna Visas etc... at least that's what Kreia said. And I have the impression that those are not too fond of the old Jedi code.

And even if it's against the code - you as the PC should be free to do it. It should be hard to accomplish, and you don't have to do it at all but IMO it should be possible.

Yes, but we already know that the ban on relationships will survive since it's still in effect during the prequel trilogy. Luke changed it in his jedi order, yes, but it was banned before then.

Yes, but we already know that the ban on relationships will survive since it's still in effect during the prequel trilogy. Luke changed it in his jedi order, yes, but it was banned before then.
Then... why can't that rule have been changed and then changed back more than once? 4000 years is a long time in any galaxy. A lot could happen between a possible K3 and the next point in the timeline that we've seen that rule being observed. It's always going to be a divisive rule, and there will always be Jolee Bindos and Arren Kaes out there who will break it.

It's definitely not necessary, and it shouldn't be forced on people. It should be optional so the ones who want to have a relationship can, and the ones who don't, don't have to.

So your solution is that if you want relationships, then you should have that, and if I don't, then I can just choose not to play them. Well, that sucks. If I choose to actually [insert shock and horror here] follow the jedi code and not get involved, then I should receive something to compensate. It should be a real choice, not just a choice whether to play some or all of the content in the game.

Well, even during PT era there are exceptions to the case. As for the kotor era, it is not too long after the whole Exar Kun thingy, where love is pretty much allowed. There are quite a few obvious pairs of lovers, and no signs of b& hammer on them.

Well, Brianna WOuld definitely support some loving in action. Mira would support it also. Bao and Atton would warn about being cautious, but won't oppose it either, same goes for THE BINDO. Atris would oppose it, but probably would be in self-exile even if she survives. Bastila... all too obvious.

Mical, sorry but I hate this scumbag, so my view would not be fair and neutral. But even as I see it, while he might have soem complain with the spread of "personal relationships" within the order, he would probably do it on the "unsupportive" level rather than active opposition.

Visas, as much as I love her, her view of "love" is not like others, if anything she would be the one that would cause trouble, her love is too intense for a jedi.

Don't forget that there are probably some other jedis left. They probably are not masters, and definitely not council members, but they would bring their views to the new order when they come, and there is no reason to B& them. Granted, these jedis would have become more worldly after their hiding, exactly what the Jedi order needs.

Agree!! Actually I would love to see a tragic ending where your character can stay LS, but lost your love in the end "for the greater good" No, nothing about the cliche Love goes DS sort of bs. In fact, I would like to see some railroading the PC to the world of DS for a brief while, sort of like going into training by some Sith, and the Love Interest party brings him/her back.

And Yes, I would suggest foing for ONE love interest only this time. Yes, pulling a semi-date-sim system would be fun, think persona3. But seriously, this is Star Wars, love is a great theme, but putting too much relationship love triangle springer show on it would kinda shift the focus too much.

It would be kinda weird when the board is filled with thing like

"OMFG, how can I date bobby instead of T3?" or

"Plz he;lp!!!1111!! Jane is cheating on me, how do I win her hear back, and castrate that Mic dude?" or "How can I kill HK? There should be kissing in the game!" or

"How can I stop Jane and Jana from fighting each other? I mean they are twins, can't I have both?"

Well, even during PT era there are exceptions to the case. As for the kotor era, it is not too long after the whole Exar Kun thingy, where love is pretty much allowed. There are quite a few obvious pairs of lovers, and no signs of b& hammer on them.

On the contrary. Jolee would have been punished had he not simply decided to do whatever he wanted, Atris is so in denial of her feelings for the male exile due to the code that she falls for that reason, and Arren Kae is exiled for having a child (unless you accept there are... alternate reasons, which are speculative, even if I do support them myself). The reason that this is shortly after The Great Sith War is a reason for still supporting the ban on relationships, not for dismissing it.

Agree!! Actually I would love to see a tragic ending where your character can stay LS, but lost your love in the end "for the greater good" No, nothing about the cliche Love goes DS sort of bs. In fact, I would like to see some railroading the PC to the world of DS for a brief while, sort of like going into training by some Sith, and the Love Interest party brings him/her back.

Old hat. We already saw LSM Revan do that for Bastila. Really, I'd like to see a gameplot that FINALLY and JUST FOR ONCE actually makes a point of why the jedi included such a rule in the jedi code instead of just setting it up as a stupid law that is broken in every single bloody game, book and movie... Frankly the way it has been so far is rather pathetic. I mean, you'd think the jedi had a reason for implementing the damn thing or what?!?

And Yes, I would suggest foing for ONE love interest only this time. Yes, pulling a semi-date-sim system would be fun, think persona3. But seriously, this is Star Wars, love is a great theme, but putting too much relationship love triangle springer show on it would kinda shift the focus too much.

It would be kinda weird when the board is filled with thing like

"OMFG, how can I date bobby instead of T3?" or

"Plz he;lp!!!1111!! Jane is cheating on me, how do I win her hear back, and castrate that Mic dude?" or "How can I kill HK? There should be kissing in the game!" or

"How can I stop Jane and Jana from fighting each other? I mean they are twins, can't I have both?"

On the contrary, more than one love interest make things more interesting. But there is never only one person in the entire galaxy who can just railroad their way into someone's heart. I want to see some heartbreak and hard decisions here.

Nevertheless, I agree with some of your points. We do need a limit on love interests, and it should be dealt with subtly... I like love stories, but not those with excessive sentimentality, sickening baby language and characters who are at it like rabbits.

Old hat. We already saw LSM Revan do that for Bastila. Really, I'd like to see a gameplot that FINALLY and JUST FOR ONCE actually makes a point of why the jedi included such a rule in the jedi code instead of just setting it up as a stupid law that is broken in every single bloody game, book and movie... Frankly the way it has been so far is rather pathetic. I mean, you'd think the jedi had a reason for implementing the damn thing or what?!?

The fact that the greatest heroes in Star Wars have broken the rule only goes to show that such a philosophy is seriously flawed from the beginning. Love is an enormously important part of life, and to reject it for some 'Greater Good' is to deny yourself the truth of love.

The true test of the 'Light Side' is whether you stay together and continue to be faithful and loving; and love only really happens to good people - it can never truly exist in the Dark Side. True, it can lead you down the path, but those who don't reign themselves in before they fall deserve what they get.

Jolee Bindo may have appeared as gray-aligned in Knights of the Old Republic, but he seems to me one of the most complete and entirely good Jedi in the entire mythos, who leads a life of kindness and humility yet isn't afraid to acknowledge his emotions. Which, I suppose, is a reflection of who the best people are in reality...

Nevertheless, I agree with some of your points. We do need a limit on love interests, and it should be dealt with subtly... I like love stories, but not those with excessive sentimentality, sickening baby language [..]

More or less like Star Wars on movies.

Jolee Bindo may have appeared as gray-aligned in Knights of the Old Republic, but he seems to me one of the most complete and entirely good Jedi in the entire mythos, who leads a life of kindness and humility yet isn't afraid to acknowledge his emotions. Which, I suppose, is a reflection of who the best people are in reality...

Agreed, he "resisted" to that dangerous choice of his, the love, and kept on the light. In fact, the only reason as to why he was gray aligned was that he cut relation with the Jedi Order.

Hm. To me it just doesn't make sense that way. The failure of the old Jedi code is that apparent in K2. Mical agrees with that. And do you really think that somehow Atton and Mira and the others would stick to the old flawed teachings, considering that they are heavily influenced by the Exile's teachings?

Starwars just has to have a love story. Love is something inherently human and love interests are a very good addition to RPGs imo.

I don't want love. I want war and war only. The game is called Star Wars' date=' not Star Love.[/quote']

I think it's a good idea in a game like KOTOR to strike the balance between love, peace & prosperity and anger, hate, war - too repetitive otherwise in my opinion.

Archived