Home

[WIP] Storyline mod - Help needed

Name contest: Vote for the name to be used for the team?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Name contest: Vote for the name to be used for the team?

• Team Firaxa
    • Team Selkath
    • Team Tusken
    • Team Shadow Forge

Hello there!

I am making a mod for K1 that takes place after the credits. It's a storyline mod with new planets, sidequests and much more.

But this would be far too hard to do alone so therefore I am gathering a little team. I need help with:

--Scripting--

Simon92

Sekan

Mindtwistah

swfan28

--Module editing--

Mindtwistah

--Dialogs--

Hando

marasu93

SilentScope001

swfan28

Allronix

Mindtwistah

Sekan

--Skins--

DarthDingDong

Simon92

mattz

--Ideas--

MBaker

Lord_Fear

Gargoyle_king

Christos k

Bobby Pendragon

SilentScope001

ThoraxeRMG

Mindtwistah

--Voices--

marasu93

Simon92

Lord_Fear

ThoraxeRMG

Mindtwistah

--Characters--

Hando

Lord_Fear

Simon92

swfan28

Mindtwistah

--Beta testing--

Hando

swfan28

Mindtwistah

Quatra

--Lips(possibly)--

--Item stats/Item making--

DarthDingDong

marasu93

Mindtwistah

swfan28

--Movies--

--Sounds--

--Voiceedit--

Lord_Fear

"Possibly" means that I am not sure if I will put it in the mod.

If you can help, post here.

Story:

After the battle of Rakata Prime, the jedi council get visions. Visions of a rebuilt star forge, of war, of the destruction of the galaxy.

This was discussed in the council. They understood that this was the visions of the future. A group of jedi, including Revan, were sent to find out more about this. They eventually found out that plans of the star forge had been stolen by some sith survivors from the star forge. Now they must stop these sith from taking over the galaxy.

You will travel to many planets in search for these plans, including Yavin 4, M4-78, Korriban, Ordo, Alderaan, Coruscant and Mon Calamari.

You will fly in the republic hammerhead Nighteye

I was thinking on deleting the old planets.

There will be several new recruits. All your old party members will be replaced.

The mod will only "trigger" if you destroy the star forge the light side way.

Name suggestions: There is no name for the mod yet. You can post your suggestions.

Suggestions so far:

Plans of evil

Hunt for the plans

A new threat

The Sith never die

Revenge of the fallen

Star Forge Reborn

The Lost Chapters

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some spoilers for the game. I will update this post when I get new ideas.

The sith need the force to fuel the star forge. So that is why they are stealing many powerful jedi and sith tools.

Planets:

Alderaan:

This mod will be made of the Dantooine modules.

Story: The jedi put many holocrons in a cave somewhere in Alderaan, in case they would die during the

Jedi civil war. Now the sith want it to fuel the star forge.

Main Quest: You will start at the spaceport. There you can ask around a little bit. Eventually you will find out that

there is a cave with jedi artifacts on Alderaan. You will have to go there. There you will fight some sith guys.

The sith will choke you and escape.

Side quests: There is a weapon storage on Alderaan. You will need to find 5 datapads with the codes to unlock the door.

The best items in the game is in that storage. But it will be extremly hard to find the datapads.

A little kid has lost his toy-blaster. If you find it for him you will get some light side points and 25 credits.

There are creatures killing the farmers on Alderaan. You can kill all of these creatures for 2500 credits and LS points.

I have not decided what creatures it will be.

Korriban:

This mod will be made of the Korriban modules (duh)

Story: After the death of lord Uthar the sith on Korriban started a civil war. "The strongest shall lead the sith" they thought. This resulted

in every siths death on Korriban.

Main quest: The sith are stealing sith artifacts to fuel the star forge. You will enter the sith academy.

There you will find many sith that are stealing artifacts. You will fight them. It will be very tough, when the siths are as strong as Malak.

M4-78:

This mod will be made of the Taris modules and the Tatooine spaceport module.

Story: The sith are recruiting droids that will build the star forge. You will have to stop them.

Main quest: You will start at the spaceport. There a droid asks you if you are a recruiter. You ask what he means

and he'll say that many sith has come to recruit droids to build something large. You will have to go through the

sewers with many enemy droids and in to the droid controll station. There you will learn that the sith are changing

the droids programming so they will follow them. You will fight the sith. Then the droids will attack you. They will

never quit respawning. The only way to stop them is to shut down the main power reactor. You walk to a console and do

that. But then the whole base is starting to explode. When you walk out from the base you cannot walk in again.

The leader of the droids will thank you and give you a "gift". A android that looks like a human but has awsome skills.

This will probably be the hardest planet since ultradroids are spawning and the sith are as strong as Malak.

Side quests: A droid is damaged. If you can help him, by having a repair skill of 20, you will get 500 creds and LS points.

Mon Calamari:

This mod will be made of the modules of Manaan.

Story: The sith are helping the Quarren to launch a full scale attack at the Mon Calamarians city in exchange for minerals for the Star Forge.

Main quest: Your first objective is to fight the Quarrens and stop them from taking over the city. Then you will have to face the sith.

The fight against the Quarrens will be very hard, but you will have many jedi, republic troopers and Mon Calamaris fighting at your side.

After you killed all of the Quarrens you will be rewarded with 10000 credits by the president of Mon Calamari. Then you will have to go to the

sith mineral base and fight them.

Side quests: There will be many sidequests because this is a very populated planet. I am open for suggestions about new sidequests.

Ordo:

This mod will be made of the Tatooine modules.

I have no ideas of what to make with this mod. Maybe the sith will recruit mandalorian mercenaries here. I'm open for suggestions.

Yavin 4:

This mod will be made of Kashyyk modules, Lehon (Unkown planet) modules and the Tatooine rakatan temple.

Story: There are many sith relics and artifacts from Exar Kun and Naga Sadow on Yavin 4.

Main quest: You will land on a beach. Then you will have to kill all the sith that are gathering artifacts.

In the forest there are several sith lords gathering artifacts. You will have to kill them. There is many lightsaber crystals on corpses in the forest.

In the Massasi temple you will be attacked by many sith lords. After you have killed them Massassi warriors will attack you. They are extremly hard to kill.

When you killed the Massassi warriors Exar Kuns ghost will appear. It will tell you that you are worthy of being a sith lord. If you say yes you will get dark side points.

If you say no you will get light side points. Either way he will attack you. On his corpse you will find Exar Kunds lightsaber.

Side quests: Suvam Tam is collecting artifacts. You can help him find a crystal that lies in the forest. For that you will get 5000 credits.

Coruscant:

This mod will be made of the Taris modules.

Story: Coruscant is like the "base planet". Here lies the jedi council, here you can get training and new force powers in the jedi academy,

here you can get equipment and many other things.

Main quest: You will learn by a force sensetive Rakata, training in the jedi academy, that Coruscant was once a member of the Infinite Empire.

The council will send you on a mission to locate a lost jedi in the lower levels. There you will find a sith lord that talks to other sith lords.

You listen to the conversation and hear them speak about a starmap on Coruscant. They will discover that you are listening and attack you.

Then you will have to go to the lowest level on Coruscant, to a cave where the starmap is located. You will find it and many siths that are draining force from it.

They will use lightning on you and escape.

Side quests: There will be around 20 sidequests since Coruscant is a heavily populated planet.

Fight in the jedi arena. After 10 hard fights you will be champion. After each fight you win you will be rewarded with a new forcepower.

Find the holocron. A young padawan has lost his jedi holocron. You will have to find it. You will get a lightsaber crystal if you find it.

Missing younglings. Younglings of the jedi temple has ran away into Coruscant city. Find them all and you will be rewarded with 2 lightsabers.

Updating soon.

M4-78:

This mod will be made of the M4-78 modules (duh)

Story: The sith are recruiting droids that will build the star forge. You will have to stop them.

Umm... You want to make this for K1 yeah? Sorry to burst your bubble... but the M4-78 module's aren't in K1 and we're not allowed to port assets from 1 game to the other, ohh great thats the second time I've said that this weak, this time I'm counting, lol.

Sounds good, but you'll need a large team to create a mod of this size.

I could help with dialogs, scripting, character and item stats and beta testing. I'm quite good with dlg-edit, but my scripting skills are somewhat limited. I have no experience of skinning or creating models though...

I have an additional idea for the storyline: The Sith could be using the technology copied from the Star Forge to absorb and store force energy for corrupting their followers and powering the Rakatan technology while the new Star Forge is being constructed. Something similar to the Marka Ragnos' scepter seen in Jedi Academy. This could enventually help the Sith discover techniques to feed on the Force as seen in TSL (assassins, Nihilus). This would also provide a reason for the Sith to plunder the remains of the Jedi and Sith.

Originally Posted by Mindtwistah

There are creatures killing the farmers on Alderaan. You can kill all of these creatures for 2500 credits and ls points.

I have not decided what creatures it will be.

A Kinrath invasion would be a logical choice. Just something bit different from K2 though. Maybe a quest to rescue some farmers trapped by the beasts. I was first thinking of laigreks, but we can't use models from TSL.

Originally Posted by master zionosis

Umm... You want to make this for K1 yeah? Sorry to burst your bubble... but the M4-78 module's aren't in K1 and we're not allowed to port assets from 1 game to the other, ohh great thats the second time I've said that this weak, this time I'm counting, lol.

Some of Taris modules could propably be made to mimic M4-78. Especially indoor areas.

Damnit! Forgot that M4 isn't for K1 :(

But the planet will still be there, now I just have to find suitable modules. Someone got a suggestion?

I have an additional idea for the storyline: The Sith could be using the technology copied from the Star Forge to absorb and store force energy for corrupting their followers and powering the Rakatan technology while the new Star Forge is being constructed. Something similar to the Marka Ragnos' scepter seen in Jedi Academy. This could enventually help the Sith discover techniques to feed on the Force as seen in TSL (assassins, Nihilus). This would also provide a reason for the Sith to plunder the remains of the Jedi and Sith.

Yes, that is what they do. They suck out the force of powerfull things and use it to make their followers stronger and to power the building of the Star Forge.

Some of Taris modules could propably be made to mimic M4-78. Especially indoor areas.

Yes, that is a wounderful idea. The sewers and the Black Vulkars base.

Cool ideas. Is this mod going to trigger after the end of the game, or is it going to be accessed by starting a new game? If it is a post-game mod, keep in mind the maximum level is hardcoded at 20 for K1 (to my knowledge, anyway). Also, I'm not too bad at re-skinning some things. I'm kind of new at it, though.

Anyway, great idea.

Cool ideas. Is this mod going to trigger after the end of the game, or is it going to be accessed by starting a new game?

It will trigger if you destroyed the star forge and get those medals by Dodonna.

Also, I'm not too bad at re-skinning some things. I'm kind of new at it, though.

It's ok. Any help is needed. Should I put you up on "skins" on the list?

It is cool if you wanna put me up there. But, I warn you, this next month will prob be pretty busy for me with some classes. And I don't know how good I am at skinning. Up to this point, I've only done some head and body reskins -- also ignorant of most model operations. I will gladly help with everything I can.

Thanks.

I'm working on and have done some skins that might work for some NPCs and Sith Masters. I'll get some screenshots when I get them done and PM them to you if you would like.

Sounds like a good idea, your gonna need a lot of help if it is to succeed and you'll need a lot of patience and organization to pull it through (or end up with dead projects such as Gsccc's "Rise of the Sith" TSL TC). I don't know how to mod at all and probs never will, but if you ever need any help plotwise, PM me and i could give ideas on plot development, character development, quests etc. if it will help you at all.

I have a good sidequest for Coruscant simmilar to one in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. The Jedi council asks you to retrieve the Lighten Crystal from the sith that stole it. You can start the quest by asking any member of the council. "I heard the Sith have stolen one of our artifacts?" they reply "Yes, can you take care of this Revan?" you can reply "Sure Master is will be the first on my list." the Jedi Replies "Thankyou, there is a reward of 5000 credits and a lightsaber crystal." The lightsaber crystal is the same. or "Oh fine only if there is a reward." then the Jedi reply "Yes there is a reward of 5000 credits and a lightsaber crystal." The lightsaber crystal is a longsaber crystal that makes your saber do 24-40 damage. the Lightsaber crystal is Dark Green. or you can say "Yah... I dont think so." Then you leave. The Sith are trapping Rancors. There will 5 Rancors. Each one is in the same room as the Taris sewers. Each time you defeat a rancor 3 Sith Master come out of the door behind the Rancor. They are each as powerful as Darth Bandon. Once you defeat them you go to the door behind them open it and go to the elevator which goes to the next level with another Rancor. After you defeat all 5 Rancors and all the Sith Masters, A Rakaton comes and has a orange double bladed lightsaber. He uses statis on your party members and then force push on them. Then the Rakaton says in his own laguage "You will not get past me Revan!!!!" He is as strong as Malak. Once you kill him you get to the last door and open it there is an elavator that leads to a Sith Base. The same as the one used on Taris. In here you battle many Sith Masters and Sith then you get to one door and there is an elavator in the door. You use it and it takes you to where you battle malak in the Star Forge. In the room there is someone that looks like Malak. He has all black armor instead of red. A purple longsaber. And the same stats as Malak. He speaks and says "If you have came for this crystal... It all has been for nothing." You can reply "I have also came for your head." or "Hand over the crystal I have no need do battle with you." he replies to both as "Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I think not." He closes the door on your part members and the battle starts. There are not half dead jedi in the room. The background the used to be the space battle is now black. Once you kill him he says with is last breath. "He he... Malak was righ." Without knowing what he meant you take the crystal from his corpse and leave. You take the crystal back to the Jedi Council and say "In order for me to do this much blood shed fell. This I am not pleased with this." or "Thankyou for giving me this mission my training in battle excelled. Now I will leave, take the crystal..." one of the Jedi Masters reply and say "Thanyou Revan, this item is a precious crystal that can not only power a lightsaber but it also enlightens the user." You can reply "Then why did the Sith take it?" then you leave. Or "Whatever at least my lightsaber had some fun." then you leave. I am thinking you can hook up where the light and dark side points go.

Yes, the leader of the new sith. It will be a human female. She is the one with the plans for the star forge. She will be around 15 times stronger than Malak. You will probably fight her for 10 minutes and die trying a lot of times :p

But first you will fight her padawan, a Rakatan male that is in charge for the building of the star forge. He will be 10 times harder than Malak.

About your ideas, write them here.

Yes, the leader of the new sith. It will be a human female. She is the one with the plans for the star forge. She will be around 15 times stronger than Malak. You will probably fight her for 10 minutes and die trying a lot of times :p

But first you will fight her padawan, a Rakatan male that is in charge for the building of the star forge. He will be 10 times harder than Malak.

About your ideas, write them here.

May i make a slight suggestion. Human Sith are so commonplace, why don't you try to opt for something else? The "New Sith Order" contains one very interesting red female sith twilek "Darth Talon" (complete with sith tatoos) that i think would be better to model off, plus this way you can just re-use female twilek audio and lypsynch instead of recording new dialogue that would save you a lot of them and stress in the long-run.

- Here's a pic of the sith in question:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Talon

-And another:

http://www.uploadpics.com/9592143

Just a slight suggestion that might help you out. ;)

May i make a slight suggestion. Human Sith are so commonplace, why don't you try to opt for something else? The "New Sith Order" contains one very interesting red female sith twilek "Darth Talon" (complete with sith tatoos) that i think would be better to model off, plus this way you can just re-use female twilek audio and lypsynch instead of recording new dialogue that would save you a lot of them and stress in the long-run.

-And another:

Also someone made a Darth Talon re skin, if you find it you could ask permission from the author to use it in your mod. ;)

-And another:

Sounds good. You are right, humans are to common. But is there any red Twi'lek skins in the game?

Sounds good. You are right, humans are to common. But is there any red Twi'lek skins in the game?

There was a mod that was made to put Darth Talon as a selectable PC Head:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171121&page=1&pp=40

P.S. The download link has seemd to have problems so if you can't download it PM and i can send it to you as i have that mod.

EDIT: Found another link for the mod:

http://customize.addondb.com/582/darth-talon-selectable-pc/

I don't think there was a lethan twilek model in K1 or TSL (if memory serves me), but you could ask the author for permission to use the mod and then use the full DS transition for the sith character in your game. The mod is for TSL, but you can just use the model and port it to K1 (since it's a mod porting it won't be illegal).

Hope This Helps! :thumbsup:

Name suggestions: There is no name for the mod yet. You can post your suggestions.

Hi there, i have a suggestion for a name; "Revenge of the Fallen" - this pointing to the new Sith empire that rises after the fall of the star forge against the newly redempted Revan and the Jedi Order.

Are you going to have alignment options in your storyline mod? Like in K1 where you have the option to stay on the path of light or fall to the DS? It would be really cool if you could, given the choice, join the new Sith empire somewhere in the game and go against the Jedi order and the Republic to reclaim your throne as Revan, the True Lord of the Sith.

I wonder if this could tie into K1 in some way. Since, well, I doubt K3 is ever going to come, one could tie this story to explain why Revan (canonically) is going to leave the Unknown Regions to battle the True Sith.

If you try some sort of juryrig, "True Sith" would be a good title then.

I wonder if this could tie into K1 in some way. Since, well, I doubt K3 is ever going to come, one could tie this story to explain why Revan (canonically) is going to leave the Unknown Regions to battle the True Sith.

If you try some sort of juryrig, "True Sith" would be a good title then.

But wouldn't doing that for TSL make more sense. I think for the mod to work it would have to fit in-between the 5 year time piece between K1 & TSL, otherwise there would be inconsistencies with TSL.

Archived