Home

[WIP] Storyline mod - Help needed

Name contest: Vote for the name to be used for the team?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Name contest: Vote for the name to be used for the team?

• Team Firaxa
    • Team Selkath
    • Team Tusken
    • Team Shadow Forge

How about we keep the Ebon Hawk and also use the NightEye. We board the ebon hawk whenever we want to land on a planet or board a ship. We use the NightEye for space travel and it will carry the crew and the party until we get on the Ebon Hawk to go to the planet. Will there be a darkside ending. I dont think there should be.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the idea. I'm sorry that I can't do anything. since I can not mod.

And for a New Party member. Do a Yoda specie:)

Maybe a new power. master Heal. Like it is in TSL. YOu'll be able to learn it from the knowledge of the Jedi Archive.(and maybe more powers)

And why make the enemies so hard? I thought Malak was pretty hard to do:):p

And for a ship. Wy not the leviathan? Since revan killed most of the crew. Maybe te Republic has taken it?

What about the name of the new star forge? I liked Shadow Forge. Anyone else has suggestions?

Adding a new planet

The "Shadow Forge" is a good name but how about changing the "Forge" part to something else such as "Orbis" or something along those lines and that way you'll add to the uniqueness of the vessel (you should probably reskin the modules aswell just to give it that extra creative flair). As for new planets, i think a good planet would be Ryloth, everyone loves a twilek and it opens up for very well developed side-quests etc. on the Planet because you could use twilek models and voiceovers to assist the dialogue. You should make any recruits in your team interesting, to add a bit of flair into the game. A few suggestions for recruits:

(1). A Zabrak (you could use the new Zabrak head model by Meeshman with the author's permission and reskin it to your liking).

(2). Definately a Yoda dude somewhere.

(3). Better droids (i.e. no HK-47 or TM-34) such as a Sith war droid.

(4). Definately another Wookie, can't get enough of them.

(5). A bountyhunter/mercenary (perhaps of the Chiss species or some other alien).

(6). A Selkath (voice over delight, you could reuse the dialogue for the selkath). This would especially be interesting as it hasn't been done before.

(7). A Transdoshan.

(8). A Twilek.

(9). A human, but perhaps not as PC but a human should be in there no doubt to balance everything off.

I think a party of mainly alien species would make the party more interesting and dialogue lines would be more professional with voiceovers. Also there it would be good to focus more on soldier/mercenary type characters rather than jedi/sith as it would give the game a different gameplay experience, with more reliance on blasters and tactics rather than straight old lightsaber fighting. Of course there should be some focus to the ways of the force, such as an opportunity for you to become a Jedi and train some of your companions in the ways of the force that will then open up your path of staying on the light or straying to the dark side of the force.

Good luck on the project Mindtwistah, i wish you the best of luck!:thumbsup:

Are we going to bring back suvam and yavin station? Since he is a scientist/inventor, I think it would be cool if he was either an integral part of figuring out exactly what the Sith are doing with the Shadow Forge (the science end of things), or maybe he is being forced to help engineer it by the Sith. Just an idea, I always loved his pricey toys.

What do you all think?

edit sorry I reread post 4 and got my answer. still, maybe he could ride in the nighteye once you find him... Which gives me another idea, what about recruitable characters to ride in the nighteye. Not people who would join your immediate party, but people who would perform some other form of usefulness/entertainment/additional sidequests. They would stay on the nighteye for rest of the game or as long as story permits. We could have a bunch spread out thru the planets. They could all be optional, or some could be main quest related. If we make some of the optional people kind of tricky to recruit it could allow for more replayability, too.

Are you saying temporary party members or real ones? It would be fun with temporaries. A suggestion: a mechanic wishes help on his quest to kill the Gizkas in the basement that chews on power cables. If you wish you can add him as a temporary party member. The two of you will go down to the basement and fight all Gizkas. When you have killed them all he will thank you and give you a lightsaber crystal. A costume made crystal that will give you a boost of strenght with 10.

EDIT: Have a suggestion for a planet. Or not a real planet, it's not showing on the galaxy map.

When you travel to Ordo you get attacked by sith fighters. When you have finished them of one of the captain of the Nighteye tells you that the Nighteyes hyperdrive is damaged. You will have to land on the planet below you in search for repair parts. It is an iceplanet. (I was thinking on turning the Dantooine modules grass into white, just like DarthInsidious did in his Hoth mod) You will have to fight many creatures that roams the world. There are a group of three sith lords that are draining force from a holocron. They will see you and attack you. When you open one of their corpses a container will spawn nearby. On the corpse lies a datapad with description of the repair parts in the container. When you open the container and get the items you will warp back to the Nighteye. There you will have to go to the hyperdrive. When you press it a conversation will start with a puzzle that you will have to finish. It is a math puzzle. When you have finished the puzzle you will have to go to the bridge. There you can tell the captain that the Nighteye is ready for the jump into hyperspace. You will continue with the main quest and travel to Ordo.

The reason I choose this to happen when you travel to Ordo is because you can only travel to Ordo once. Then we don't have to make scripts that checks if you already been on the module.

I was actually talking about characters who would never be party members, but people like merchants, smugglers, bounty hunters, an old mysterious man that needs passage to one of the planets (but may decide to stick with you anyway), many different types of people that would join your quest on the Nighteye and just stay there selling new things (or inventing new items, playing pazaak, sparring with you in an arena fight, whatever)... (we should have a combat arena on the Nighteye).

I had not thought about having the "recruited" Nighteye passengers become party members like that, but that's a great idea. And i like the example of fighting gizka with the mechanic. i don't know how to set up the party juggling, but i think it could be done. We could also have a party slot be strictly for temporary party members only, and cycle all the temporary recruits through that slot.

Edit: The idea for the snow planet is cool, but i am not sure i understand where the parts come from. Maybe we could still have the ship be forced to land on the iceplanet. It could just take some time to get the problems fixed, so Revan goes to investigate (after sensing something is wrong with the force on the planet). (S)He finds the sith and fights them. Soon after Revan returns, the Nighteye is fixed. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky about the repair parts. I like the iceplanet idea, though.

I was actually talking about characters who would never be party members, but people like merchants, smugglers, bounty hunters, an old mysterious man that needs passage to one of the planets (but may decide to stick with you anyway), many different types of people that would join your quest on the Nighteye and just stay there selling new things (or inventing new items, playing pazaak, sparring with you in an arena fight, whatever)... (we should have a combat arena on the Nighteye).

I like the sound of that idea!

That is a must be in the mod.

Edit: The idea for the snow planet is cool, but i am not sure i understand where the parts come from. Maybe we could still have the ship be forced to land on the iceplanet. It could just take some time to get the problems fixed, so Revan goes to investigate (after sensing something is wrong with the force on the planet). (S)He finds the sith and fights them. Soon after Revan returns, the Nighteye is fixed. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky about the repair parts. I like the iceplanet idea, though.

Yes, that is indeed a good idea. So when you kill the sith lords some republic soldiers will run towards you. They will tell you that they heard some lightsaber slashing. You will tell them that it is ok now and they will tell you that the Nighteye is fixed and ready for takeoff.

Edit: I have edited the first post and added a request for movie makers and sound makers.

With movie making i mean clipping parts of the old movies in the game and pasting those parts toghether so it will look like a whole new movie. For example, I would like someone to add some space fighting clips from the old movies when approaching the star forge and the first bits of the endar spire exploding, without showing Taris, toghether as a whole movie. I want it to look like that you are fighting a space battle while approaching the new star forge and then you see the nighteye explode.

With sound making I mean editing sound files like taking some parts of it and adding it toghether with another sound file e.t.c., e.t.c.

And I also need more voice makers and module editors. It's ok if your English isn't that good, we can make your character Juhani style. And we can edit the voice files so it will sound different, that way you can make voices for many characters. And the modules are extremly important. They are one of the things what makes this mod. Please people, help.

Me and Mattz has talked about the levelling thing for a while and we have decided that this is the best option:

You will find different holocrons on the planets you travel to. These holocrons contains forcepowers and skills that you will be granted. The force powers are costume made but cannot be granted by levelling up in the old gameplay. This will solve all the "The holocron gives me forcepowers that I've already got"-problems. The forcepowers will not take to much forcepoints since giving forcepoints trough scripts is impossible. A character who has 160 forcepoints when reached lvl 20 will always have that much..

Here are some of the holocrons:

On the droid planet you will be granted a holocron by the droid president when you finish the main quest. It gives you a plus 7 on computer use, repair, intelligence and maybe something else. It grants you three costume made force powers;

Droid heal(Will heal droids(takes little forcepoints)),

Droid stunner(Will stun droids for 10 sec(Takes medium forcepoints)),

Droid crusher(Will give 300 damage towards a droid and stun them for 10 seconds(Takes many forcepoints))

On Korriban you will find Tulak Hords holocron in Uthars room. It will give you plus 7 in strenght, reflex and some other melee-related skills.

It will give you two costume made force powers;

Force reflex (Will add 10 more reflex for 10 minutes(takes medium forcepoints)),

Force strong (Will add 15 more strenght for 10 minutes(Takes many forcepoints))

On Yavin 4 you will find Exar Kuns holocron.

No need for holocrons on Coruscant since you will get force powers in the arena.

If you want to add a holocron or have an idea for a change of the recent holocrons just post them here. Remember, one holocron per planet, no more.

I was wondering if someone here can do a script that changes the module you warp to when you press on a planet after a while. For example, I want the Korriban modules to change when the mod is activated.

Good to hear that Lord_Fear!

Mattz has a new idea; When the storyline mod starts the PC:s level will be set to 1. You will still keep your skills and forcepowers. That way you can upgrade yourself for the ultrahard battles you will be fighting in the mod. We will add some forcepowers in the upgrade menu so you will get something to choose from and not get stuck in the upgrade menu already having all the forcepowers avaliable. The holocrons will just be additional stuff, like a gift for completing every planet.

Yavin 4:

This mod will be made of Kashyyk modules and Lehon (Unkown planet) modules.

Story: There are many sith relics and artifacts from Exar Kun and Naga Sadow on Yavin 4.

Main quest: You will land on a beach. Then you will have to kill all the sith that are gathering artifacts.

In the forest there are several sith lords gathering artifacts. You will have to kill them. There is many lightsaber crystals on corpses in the forest.

In the Massasi temple you will see that massasi priest are trying to ressurect Exar Kun. The spot you and attack. After you killed them the ressurection cancels. But unfortunaly Exar Kuns ghost was saved. He will tell you that you are worthy of being a sith lord. If you say yes you will get dark side points.

If you say no you will get light side points. Either way he will attack you. On his corpse you will find Exar Kuns lightsaber and his holocron.

Side quests: Suvam Tam is collecting artifacts. You can help him find a crystal that lies in the forest. For that you will get 5000 credits.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I want every member of the project to pm me their msn adress. If you don't have one, create one. There was some things that went wrong when I sent you my msn and now I don't see anyone new in my contact list :(

So, what I wanted to post was a name contest. The name for the team. Vote for one of the following:

Team Firaxa

Team Selkath

Team Tusken

If you have any more suggestions post them

Edit: Perhaps you would like me to add a poll to your thread. That would keep this thread on-topic while still getting you the info you need? -RH

Poll added. ;) -RH

Alright. I want every member of the project to pm me their msn adress. If you don't have one, create one. There was some things that went wrong when I sent you my msn and now I don't see anyone new in my contact list :(

So, what I wanted to post was a name contest. The name for the team. Vote for one of the following:

Team Firaxa

Team Selkath

Team Tusken

If you have any more suggestions post them

I'm a bit stumped as to why everyone followed Team Gizka's footsteps by using name's of creatures from Star Wars KotOR.

Ohh well, I'm going to be doing the same soon :xp:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm. Is this mod still up?? I have not seen any new updates? I have a few ideas though. We could also add some feats. Maybe 3 tier feats that go to each attrubute. So it could be like 6 different sets of 3 tiers. So like:

Strength Boost 1: +5 Strength Strength Boost 2: +10 Strength Strength Boost 3: +15 Strength

It could be like this for each attribute.

We could also add tier 4-6 feats for the feats that are already available. Like a Improved Master Flurry, Improved Master Power Attack, Improved Master Critical Strike. Advanced Master Flurry, Advanced Master Power Attack, Advanced Master Critical Strike. These would just give stronger attack then what are already in the game. We might even be able to add things like Force Sensitive Conditioning. It would add like +10 force resist in each tier. It would also add to wisdom and charisma. So:

Force Sensitive Conditioning I: +10 Force Resist +3 Wisom, +3 Charisma

Force Sensitive Conditioning II: +20 Force Resist +5 Wisom, +5 Charisma

Force Sensitive Conditioning III: +30 Force Resist +7 Wisom, +7 Charisma

Also, on the Star Forge #2/ Shadow Forge maybe you can convince a few Sith to turn away from the Dark Side like if you made a succesfull Force Puch, Wave and you knocked them out. You can converse with them and try to turn them.

DarthDingDong, it would be an honor to have you in the team.

Christos, the mod is still up but we are a little bit.. slow going for the moment because of the lack of module editors :(

Anyways, I liked both of your ideas. For the feats thing, it's a great idea but there isn't any way to give someone a feat trough scripting and you probably already got to lvl 20 at the end of the game, but we could have those feats in the holocrons :)

And for the turn sith lord thing, I really liked that :) We could have a little chat will them and some fights between the chats and in the end they wonder how you can be so strong and if you are a lightsider you can tell them that the power of the light side is far stronger than the dark side and they will say that they always thought that the light side was weak but realised that it wasn't now and will join you. We can use a "follow-the-leader" script to make them follow.

OK cool. Oh and what I meant by the feats is that you said that after the game this content will trigger but you will start at level 1 but with all of you skills powers and feats. Also how do you guys plan on making people as strong as Malak. Becasue I have the Improved Malak mod and I dont wanna have to fight up to 10 or more of those guys. Also we will be able to visit the original location of the game, inclufing Lenon right?

Archived