Home

Heart of the Legacy

"Don't worry It will get better as you drink it." He took a large sip out of the glass.

"No need to hope we will. We just can't do anything stupid that will stop us from stoping them." He caught Cade and Lyna across the bar talking to a hutt out of the corner of his eye. He looked over and wondered who it was, but didn't say anythig about it.

"But anywho, How do you like being a jedi healer? I heard its a hard job."

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh! Who is this? Friend of yours, Cade?"

Cade clapped a hand against Lyna's back. "You could say that, though she's more than that... if you catch my drift!"

"Sorry to disapoint you Jool, but we aren't here for some chit-chat." Cade moved his head around to look at some of the thugs. "This might sound a bit... well... crazy, but we need to recruit some mercenaries!"

Lyna's eyebrows perked up when she heard Cade say something about her being more than his friend. She blushed, rubbed her neck timidly.

Jool thought about mercenaries that could help. Then it came to her. "Well... there are these mercenaries in the back. They're the toughtest bunch I've ever met. Come. Let me show you to them." The Hutt began to turn around to slither away.

Lyna smiled up at Cade. "I'll stay here, Cade. Don't worry, I'll be fine." She glanced back at Morrigan. The Imp agent nodded.

The young woman looked up at Cade again. "Yep. I'll be fine."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana smiled, and glanced down. "Indeed, it is. But once you get use to it... you feel like a hero who wants to heal the wounded or sick, ya know?"

She took another drink. The young woman realized that she was getting use to it.

"You miss your... I mean, our homeworld?" Ana smiled sheepishly.

After her announcement to the assassins, Maladi came back to the throne room, and knelt before Nihl.

"Everything's as planned, my lord. Skywalker will surely be captured."

((stupid person asking a question..... Whats wrong with Dantooine again?))

"Yep, everything is easier after you get used to it, like the wine. I wouldn't mind going back to Dantooine have a family, and live happily on a farm. Actually I miss it pretty badly now that I think about it." he looked up, "Do you miss it?"

"Everything's as planned, my lord. Skywalker will surely be captured."

"Good..." Nihl added, as he stared out into the morning landscape of Coruscant. There were other threats apart from Skywalker. Threats that needed extermination.

"Maladi... bring Moff Veed before me!"

Cade nodded at Lyna at her decision. "Right..."

He looked over where Payne was, standing in one corner looking very inconspicuous.

"Payne, I need a second opinion when we start lookin' at these merc thugs Jool has in stock."

Payne nodded and grunted, and left his dark corner to accompany Cade.

((No, you're not a stupid person, JA. And naw, nothing's wrong with Dantooine. Just talking about it a lot. :lol: ))

"Maladi... bring Moff Veed before me!"

The female Devaronian Sith Lord bowed. "Yes, my lord." After that, she went out to the holo room to contact Veed.

Moments later, both Maladi and Veed came before Nihl.

"Is there something you need, Lord Nihl?" Veed asked with concern.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lyna turned to Morrigan. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" she asked.

Morrigan sighed sadly, taking off her choker. Then, an image of her, Kol, and baby Cade appeared in a hologram when she held it up in her palm. "This was my family. Together and happy. Until I seperated from them."

Lyna watched the hologram with understanding. "He's... he's beautiful. Cade looks adorable. And your husband looks... just like him."

"Thank you. Everytime I see this image... I want to cry. It's all my fault that our family is seperated. It's my fault..." Suddenly, Morrigan broke down in tears. Something she'd never experienced in a long time.

The young woman began to comfort her. "It's gonna be okay, Morrigan. Don't cry." Lyna felt like crying herself. Deep inside, she felt the same way.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Do you miss it?"

Ana nodded. "Yes. Dantooine's a wonderful place to live. Even during your childhood." She tried her very best to hold back the tears.

"I need to drink some more." Ana grabbed the bottle, and poured another glass of wine.

"Is there something you need, Lord Nihl?" Veed asked with concern.

Nihl glared down at the man, and walked towards him from his throne.

"I question your loyalty to the throne, Veed. Do I sense a hint of deceit in your mind?"

There was a pause. "I want you to lead the search for Skywalker!"

"I question your loyalty to the throne, Veed. Do I sense a hint of deceit in your mind?"

Veed stood there in terror, sweating, while looking into Nihl's angered eyes. He tried his very best not to show his determination of seizing the throne.

"I want you to lead the search for Skywalker!"

The Imperial Moff bowed. "Yes, Lord Nihl! I shall send my best men to find him... again." He glanced up at him. "Is that all, my lord?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jool reached to the back, she opened the door, and presented three tough looking people.

"Here they are, Cade. The first one is Nor Jaylo, the Cathar. The second one is Nima San, the Twi'lek. And the third one is Yano Marsh, the Human. Best mercenaries in the cantina."

The trio gave a hard look at Cade and Payne.

Ana shrugged. "Don't know where Cade's at. But I can see Lyna talking to Cade's mother..." She pointed at the two women at the counter.

After Lyna gave Morrigan a hug, Morrigan wiped her tears. "Thank you, child. You are the first person I ever met with a huge heart. And for your kind, brave, and loving heart.... I want to give you this."

Morrigan pulled from her bag a beautiful long neck scarf. It was a bright sea green color and silky.

Lyna stared at it with surprise.

Payne gave an equally hard look back at the mercs. Cade examined everyone of them.

"Not bad... Payne?" he asked for the Zabrak's opionion. Payne walked up to one of the thugs and glared at him from head to toe. He looked back at Cade with what appeared to be a satisfied look... it was difficult to tell.

"I'd like to take a piece of him." he pointed at the Cathar. "I want to see if he's worth the creds if we hire him!"

He unsheathed his Sword, and stared at the Cather. "How good are you with a Vibroblade?"

Nihl looked down upon Veed. "You are dismissed for now. Do not fail me, Veed!"

Nihl looked back at the view of Coruscant.

Nor Jaylo wasn't much of a melee fighter, more of a gun expert, but he weilded a vibroblade for instances like this. He pulled his vibroblade out. "Bring it."

Ganner looked at Lyna, to Morrigan, and then to Ana, "How'd you end up with us? Having the that kind of master, you could be doing much greater things."

((JA? "Ganner", you meant, right? I'm sorry for correcting you so much. Really. :lol: ))

Ana shrugged. "Well... I began to teach myself how to fight more in combat... along with healing. And I came to Ossus with some other Jedi when we left from hiding."

She looked up at Ganner, and smiled sadly. "How 'bout you?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Veed bowed. "Don't worry, my lord. I won't..." After that, he left the throne room.

Maladi turned back to Nihl. "What if he does?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Morrigan smiled. "You like it? I got it from an old merchant when we were coming out of the Inn. He said that this neck scarf was very special. Special than anything in the Galaxy." She handed the neck scarf to the young woman.

Lyna took it slowly, and looked down at it. "I... I love it, Morrigan. Thank you."

Morrigan nodded. "You're welcome, child."

"What if he does?"

"You already know the code off by heart, Maladi! The Sith do not tolerate failure, and so the punishment will always be death..."

Nihl sat down on his chair. "Leave me!" he ordered.

"Bring it."

Payne nodded. Then he lunged his sword towards Nor and tested the Cathar's abilities with the Vibroblade.

His skills were formidable, but somehow Payne could sense his expertise were well suited for shooting. Yet he still put up a good spar. Cade watched in amusement.

((I've got another character named Darrick on a different site. :/))

Ganner looked back into his past. "All I remember is that I trained til I was 18 and was given a mission by my master to find Cade and stop him from turning to the darkside. So basically I've been with him for 3 to 4 years now."

Nor wasn't much of an offensive melee but if he was normally attacked by melee he'd pull back from the opponent and pull a small blaster and shoot the person. But they were only testing him so he put his all into the sword.He hardly did offensive maneuvers, but for once he lunged back at Payne.

((Aw, that's okay, JA. We all make mistakes. :) ))

Maladi bowed. "Yes, my lord."

After that, the female Sith left Nihl and the throne room.

Ana nodded. Then she took another drink of the wine. Somehow, she was feeling a little dizzy. "Woah. Gotta stop." She tried to move the drink, but accidently dropped the glass of wine on her clothes.

"Aww, man!" Ana cried, getting up and trying to wipe off the stain.

Lyna got up from the stool. "Excuse me, Morrigan. I gotta see if Cade and Payne found any new recruits." She placed the neck scarf in her brown bag.

"Sure thing," Morrigan said, smiling.

The young woman smiled back, and turned, remembering the path Cade, Jool, and Payne went. When she heard blades clashing through one door at the back of the cantina, Lyna opened the door. There, she saw Payne battling a Cathar.

Lyna closed the door and stood there beside Cade, worried.

"How much do you want for each, Jool?"

Jool smiled. "Say about... 20 creds for each. Don't worry, hon, I won't try and swindle you." She turned to Lyna and smiled. "Know what I mean?"

Lyna smiled nervously, and nodded. Then she looked at Cade. "So... is that about it? 'Cause I'm ready to get outta here. No offense, Jool."

"None taken," Jool replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana blushed when Ganner attempt to wipe the stain off her robes. She brushed a strand of hair away from her face and to the back of her ear.

"Thank you..." she said quietly.

"Say about... 20 creds for each. Don't worry, hon, I won't try and swindle you.""

"I see your sense of humour hasnt changed much Jool." Cade smiled. "But seriously, how much do you actually want them for? I can go as high as say... 3000 Creds for all three of 'em."

Lyna glanced at Cade surprisngly. "3000 creds? I could buy my own landspeeder for that kind of money!"

Jool looked at Cade. Then she smiled. "You sure about that, Cade? I mean, if that's okay with you..." 3000 creds did sound promising to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the Jedi Shuttle, Cyan and her babies slept quietly inside the basket. Shado, Wolf, and the other 2 remaining Jedi sat there, thinking.

"We have to figure out our next course, once we get off of Coruscant," Shado requested. Wolf and the others agreed.

He got as much of the stain off her robe. "Your Welcome. Now you just need to clean it." He paused for a second. "We should get together again sometime." He hadn't ever had that feeling of asking any girl. He was always under jedi watch and hardly had any free time.

"You sure about that, Cade? I mean, if that's okay with you..."

"Not in the mood for negotiating? I like that." Cade smiled. "But sure. I mean, come on! Would you really pay 20 creds for someone to aid you in a death-defying battle? I'm no cheapscape." Cade chuckled. He handed Jool a credit chip.

"So... when are these mercs ready to depart?"

"So... when are these mercs ready to depart?"

Nima San, the female Twi'lek, got up, placed her two handy blasters in both her holsters on her hips. "Whenever you're ready, hotshot." She grinned wryly.

The other two mercenaries stood up, staring at Cade, Lyna, and Payne with a grin. They looked like they were ready for some action, rather than stay in the Underworld doing nothing.

Jool took the credit chip, and smiled. "Sold! To the handsome young man with the two faithful companions!"

Lyna smiled, and turned to Cade and Payne. "How 'bout that! So! You guys ready to get the others and go?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"We should get together again sometime."

Ana timidly smiled when Ganner said that. She nodded.

"Yeah. We should." Ana scratched her head. "I... I really had a great time with you, Ganner."

He looked at into her eyes, "I had a great time also. It was kinda fun too. You drinking that wine reminded me of my first time with my master. I drank too much, too fast and got dizzy and started walking wobbly, all around the room. I'm suprised the amount you drank you could handle."

"How 'bout that! So! You guys ready to get the others and go?"

"I guess... Sorry we can't stay for much longer, Jool. Got some business we need to take care of..."

He exited the room, and glanced back at Jool. "I'll be back to get hammered on your strongest stuff, just so you'll know!" he winked.

Archived