Home

Heart of the Legacy

Lyna looked back at Cade, when he was about to exit. She smiled and nodded. "Y-yeah. I'll be fine. Oh, and Cade? Thanks." She slowly got up, ran to him, and wrapped her arms around him. Tears came out of her eyes when she closed them.

"I'm glad I have a friend like you. Plus Ganner, Shado, and the others," she said, chuckling. Lyna smiled. "You're a true hero, Cade."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bonty and his henchmen were thrown in the room. "Hey! Watch it, fool!" He wiped his circus suit, and took off his top hat. "Darth Nihl! Heh-heh. Long time long see!" He smiled nervously.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nihl didn't smile back, nor was he pleased to see Zam.

"I am curious as to know why you are missing an ear. Along with a big striking wound running down your face..."

He reached for his Lightsaber Cane. "You will answer everything I am going to ask. My master will finds this information somewhat useful of the whereabouts of Skywalker..."

He hit the long hilt against Zam's face.

Cade was walking the empty corridors of the Jedi Praxeum. His search for Wolf was starting to end in failure, but he chose to not give up.

He suddenly felt a rush of disturbance through the force. Something was outside the Praxeum. He ran to the main entrance of the academy, and exited through the large doorway. He breathed in the fresh air around Ossus. The storm was gone, but there were a few droplets of rain pouring from the night of the sky.

He suddenly spotted a figure in the distance. Though it was dark, Cade could see it was the outline of Wolf. The figure walked into the jungle. What was he doing? Cade followed.

As Lyna sat in front of the fireplace, she felt sleepy. All of a sudden, she heard a voice. "Lyna..." The young woman's eyes shot open, and she looked around. "Hello? Is somebody there?" No answer. Lyna felt scared of being by herself. But at least Cyan was here with her.

She got up, and went up the stairs, followed by Cyan. The others were somewhere else, but she was curious of who called her. When she looked into the dark, Lyna laughed sheepishly to herself. "Must be outta my mind," she said to herself.

But when Lyna turned around... she saw a short man, with a humpback, long gray hair, torn clothes, and a cane, standing there! Lyna screamed, and backed away. "Who are you!" The short old man shushed her. "Do not be afraid, Lyna Honso. I am Gorto Cano. An old friend of your real parents."

Lyna's eyes widened. "M-my real parents? But... how can that be?" "When you were a small child, I use to work for your parents. Ha! Those two crazy kids were always into trouble."

Then, Gorto's face turned serious. "You must understand this, Lyna... that the reason your parents were criminals was because that they never had money, and they needed a way to survive." Lyna sat down on the stairs. "But... couldn't they find a job?" Gorto shook his head. "No one ever accepted them, because they were poor."

Gorto sighed. "I was their helper, always instructing them on where to get the big cash, ya know? Huh. I found the job interesting myself." Lyna looked down, while Cyan was hiding on the side of her. "Oh. I understand now." Gorto smiled kindly. "Here. This is a holodisc they recorded for you. Keep it with you."

He got up. "And may the Force be with you." Suddenly, he vanished. Lyna could tell that he was a ghost. "And may the Force be with you too." She looked at the disc, and sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Bonty was so pleased with himself. Finally, he could have payback on both the Jedi. He replied, "Ooooh! You're tryin' to find Skywalker! Oh yeah. I know where that so-called Jedi's at. I totally do."

"Then you shall tell me, if "you totally do"..." Nihl smiled coldly. "As you already know, I am eager to learn of the wherabouts of "that so-called-jedi!"... Now, where is he?"

Cade followed Wolf through the jungle, still curious as to know what he was doing. He wondered whether he was following Wolf at all, like it could've been another person. Shado, maybe? Or perhaps was it a hallucination? He had recently ridded his addiction to Death Sticks...

"ah, death sticks... NO! You are on the patch, so don't think about Death Sticks!" Cade told himself. "You know what those things can do to you!"

Lyna, sitting in front of the fireplace, stared at the holodisc. Was she dreaming? The young woman said to Cyan, "If this is real... maybe I should take a look at this holodisc. Or later." Cyan licked Lyna's hand. The young woman laughed. "Well... maybe later."

She wondered if Cade and the others were ok. If something happened... she'd be there. Lyna placed the holodisc in her bag.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, ok. Ya ready?" Bonty said, more excitedly. "He's on Ossus, with some other Jedi. Ya know, where the Massacre occured. Also, I wanna have payback on what they did to me!" He glared. "Skywalker's the one who cutted off my ear, and my former slave girl, who's also a Jedi, scratched me on my wonderful face!"

"Ossus?" Nihl's ears were enlightened with curiosity as to why Skywalker was over at Ossus. "There is nothing but the remains of the Jedi Praxeum left over from the Massacre. What could he and his companions be doing there?"

Cade had lost all sense of direction from the surrounding Jungle and wild-life.

"Oh, man! I am so freakin' lost!" he spun around in circles. He lost track of Shado, but all he could here in the background was the loud rushing water. He followed the noise.

As he was rushing his way through the jungle, he could still here water. It was getting closer and much louder.

He made a halt near a river bank which ended near a large waterfall. In the distance of the waterfall, he could see the figure he was chasing. It definatly wasn't Wolf. Or Shado. Or anybody he could remember...

((Oh, man! I immediatly regret what I have just done with Cade, making him follow that figure through the jungle. 'Cause I have no idea what could happen next. Hey, SR! Just out of curiousity, what is the plot of this RP. Not in terms of this is about Cade and trying to defeat the Sith or anything like that, but what is this story going to introduce? Say for example He finds a special gun to destroy the Sith. I suppose the most easiest way to put this is: what are we doing? :lol: ))

((Ok. Cade is trying to fight the dark side, but it keeps gripping him. If he turns to the dark side, he'll become a Sith. But Lyna, and the others, are trying to keep him in the Light side of the Force as much as they can. Especially Lyna.

And also, the main point is: If Cade's heart chooses to follow his Legacy... or the Dark Side. That's why I called it Heart of the Legacy. :D Maybe you could say that... the figure is trying to lure him to the dark side. If ya want to.))

Bonty shrugged. "Who knows. Maybe they're training there secretly... and planning on how to overthrow you guys. But hey, I'm on your side!" He smiled, as if he won a big cash.

-------------------------------------------------------

As Lyna was meditating near the fireplace, she felt a disturbance in the Force. In her mind, she could picture Cade in a dark suit. ((not Darth Vader's)) His eyes were glowing yellow, and he carried a red bladed lightsaber. As he was killing all the Jedi, including Shado, Wolf, and Ganner, he tries to persuade Lyna on joining the dark side.

But Lyna refuses, and tries to bring him back to the light. Cade shows no mercy, and impales the blade through her chest. Waking up from the nightmare, Lyna screams out, "NOOOO!!!" She looks around, startled. And noticed about Cade. "Cade," she whispered.

Lyna picked up Cyan and ran for the entrance. As she got there, she tried to contact him through the Force. "Cade? Can you hear me?"

((... Okay, I think I got the idea. Thanks SR :) ))

Cade heard Lyna's voice. He spun around to look behind him. No one was there. What was going on? Then he realised, the echoes of Lyna's voice somehow were transmitted through the Force. She was trying to communicate to him Telepathically. How was that even possible?

"Err... yeah! I can hear you! How are you doing that Lyna?" Cade responded, concentrating his thoughts through the Force.

((I have an Idea! Why not there be a Force bond between Lyna and Cade? It would seem more appropriate, and could explain the Telepathic communication between each other :anvil: ))

((That's a great idea, PK! Oh, and about the plot... you're very welcome :) ))

Lyna looked confused herself. "I... I don't know. Maybe... it's some kind of Force bond. But... where are you? Are you all right?"

Lyna started to get worried about Cade. The thought she had about him was haunting her, and Lyna tried to forget that nightmare about him becoming a Sith.

Cade was confused. "What the heck is a Force Bond?" he asked himself. There was time for questions later.

"I'm fine. I'm following someone in the jungle, and it is definatly not Wolf..."

Cade walked to the dark figure. It was a human man, dressed in a black cloak and had tattoos al over his face. He smiled as he faced Cade.

"I'm glad you have come, Cade Skywalker! I have been expecting you" the man spoke.

"How do you know my name?" Cade wondered. "And I am expected?"

"Of coarse!" The man responded. "I know a lot about you. I know for certain your path will be filled with peril and deception. A path on which you will fall to the dark side..."

"Hey, make sense man!" Cade shot angrily. "Who are you?"

"My name is Seraph! And I am from the future..."

Cade looked stumped at what he heard.

"Yeah? If you're really from the future, than... who won the Grand Podracing Tournament in Aquilaris a few months from now?" Cade queried.

"I don't have time for this, Skywalker. And besides, O'Rallio Kahn won by 2 minutes and 37 seconds. Wasn't it obvious?"

"I suppose not... what do you want?"

"I came here to give you something..." Seraph held in his hand somekind of crystal. It was milky white, and emmited some sort of glow. He placed it in Cade's hand.

"I give you the Guardian Crystal. This artifact is to help you keep your balance in the Force. It also holds a power greatly unimaginable, as it exploits the power of both your Light and Dark side allignment. But becareful when using it!"

Cade looked at the crystal. It glowed even brighter.

"Err... thanks!" He put it in his pouch.

"It will make an excelent focus for your Lightsaber. Now, I must return... becareful Skywalker!" Seraph pulled out a small, black device and pressed the button in the center.

A blinding flash emmited from the device and Seraph vanished into thin air.

"Wait!" Cade called out, but it was too late. He decided it was time to return back to the Praxeum. "Man, that was weird!"

Lyna kissed Cyan on the forehead. "Ok, girl. Do your stuff." Cyan squealed. Then ran towards the jungle, sniffing. As Lyna followed her, she thought about that connection. "I have got to learn about these new Force powers..." she thought to herself. And as for the disturbance... it was gone. Lyna sighed in relief.

Suddenly, she and Cyan found Cade. "Cade! Oh, thank goodness!" The young woman ran to him. "Man, I was getting worried! But... I can see that you're okay now. What happened?" Cyan climbed up on her master's head, exhausted from running.

Cade was glad to see Lyna, after his rather strange experience.

"Uhh... long story!" Cade said simply. "'C'mon, lets head back to the Praxeum!"

He walked with Lyna through the jungle, following the trail in a reversed form to lead him back.

"How did you speak to me through the Force?" Cade was still confused about what had happened earlier. "It's strange, when you think about it. When I'm kilometers away from the Temple, and you still being able to communicate with me. I even felt your emotion. You were afraid, worried even..."

Lyna glanced at Cade. Then turned her ahead down. "I...it's this Force called Force bond. Now I remember. My mom taught me that Force bond is a special kind of connection between two Force-sensitive people. When they're bonded, one pain can reflect on the other, and if one grows in strength, the other grows in strength as well."

She turned back to Cade. "I was worried that you might've gotten hurt. And... the reason why I was afraid was because..." Lyna shook her head, and tried to wipe the tears. "Was because I had a dream. I dreamt that you were a Sith, killing many Jedi. Inculding Ganner, Shado, and Wolf. Then you tried to persaude me on going to the dark side."

The thought of it kept frightening Lyna. "I refused, and... you killed me." She covered her eyes with her hand. "I can't forget those horrible eyes you had. They were yellow... and evil."

Cade stopped, and turned to Lyna. Both hands on her shoulders.

"Listen to me. I will never hurt or kill you! I will never betray you, and I most certainly wont fall to the darkside!"

He wiped away a tear from Lyna's eye.

"Thats a promise! We're buds, no matter what!" he hugged her and kissed her on the forehead.

He continued walking back to the Praxeum, a question on his mind. "By the way, how do you think such a bond was forged?"

Lyna scratched her head, thinking about the question Cade just asked. "Well... Force bonds are usually formed slowly, and it lets the two Force-sensitive people that are bonded grow together and understand each other, also linking their destinies together."

She smiled. "I guess... me you understand each others pain. And we both have a destiny." Lyna began to blush. "I'm not much of a teacher, but... my mom taught me these Force powers when I was little." She could see the Praxeum a little bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bonty grinned. "I could lead you to Skywalker. And the other Jedi. Because if they gather more Jedi in the future, you guys won't have a "Sith Empire" no more. The Jedi will be reborn again. So... what do ya say?"

Nihl glared at Zam with great, piercing eyes.

"Though I do not require you help on hunting down Skywalker, I may have use of you!" he smiled sadisticly.

Back at the Praxeum, Cade was in his sleeping quaters. He looked at the crystal he had been given from Seraph, the man from the future. It was glowing a pale light, when Cade grasped it.

He placed the crystal on his workbench, and brought out his Lightsaber.

Seraph mentioned that it exploited his dark and light side power. What did that meant. It rubbed it again, and the light grew stronger. The Light became so bright, it was blinding to watch. Call it an halucination from death sticks, but Cade thought he saw a figure emmiting from the crystal. He did!

The white, glowing figure look at him. It was hard to tell the expression of the glowing man, as it was too bright to see any outline or distinguishing feature of his face.

"You must be the chosen one of the crystal!" the light said.

"Who are you" Cade asked.

"I am a Guide of the Artifact you have just recieved! I am here to teach you how to control your new powers!"

"Powers?" Cade asked confusingly.

"The powers you have been given from the crystal. Not only does it keep your balance in the force, but it also holds a power that can only be wielded by one, such as yourself!"

"So what does it do?" he asked, still wondering whether this was an hallucination. Too much death sticks!

"By drawing the power of both sides of the Force, it can turn you into a powerful warrior of both Light and Dark side! It summons the guardian within yourself and the crystal."

"Ooookay, so in other words, it can turn me into something...." Cade said worringly. "I'm not sure I like that idea!"

"Do not fear, chosen one!" the Light said assuringly. "Once turned, you may reveserse the effect at will any time you desire. But the power of the Guardian will only last for some time. To summon your inner warrior, you must focus all your Force Power into the crystal."

"What effects will it have on my Lightsaber?" he wondered.

"The Crystal will help keep your balance. It gives you increased focus and awareness of your surroundings, and is rid desire of both sides of the Force. This is basically a neutral artifact, making your allingment neutral!"

"I'm always neutral... so, this is probably gonna sound strange, especially when its comming from me, but will I ever see you again?"

"Unfortunatly, no! I am only hear to instruct you on the properties of your crystal, and that is it! You may never see me again. Good luck, Chosen One!"

The Light disapeared. The crystal was back to normal.

"That was especially weird!" Cade muttered. He lay on his bed and nodded off to sleep...

Lyna sleeps in her bed, having a nightmare. "No... don't! Leave them alone!" she says in her sleep... In the nightmare, Lyna is walking through the dead corpses of Jedi. They were all killed in a great number. She was the only one left.

Suddenly, she hears an evil laugh. Lyna looks up on a hill, and sees Cade. Those same yellow eyes stared at her. He kept laughing at her. Lyna grew afraid. He was the one who killed all the Jedi!

"Cade! How could you?!" she screams out. She takes out her lightsaber, and lunges toward Cade. But as soon as she got to him, his lightsaber swung through her like a piercing knife. Lyna falls down, trying to hold on. Cade suddenly lifts his lightsaber, and stabs her.

The nightmare was too horrifying for the young woman. "AHHHHHH!!!" Lyna screams out loud. Her scream was so loud, she panicked, as she stood up on her bed, sobbing and trembling. Cyan was startled by the noise as well. She stood up, and looked at her master. Seeing Lyna upset was like making her upset.

The next morning, Cade got up out of his bed in his Quarters. He rubbed his eyes, staggered up and put some pants on.

He passed by his Work Bench, and saw the crystal.

"What will I become?" he murmured. He walked over to it. He picked it up. He focused all his concentration of the Force through the crystal. The crystal grew brighter.

Suddenly, his concentration was cut off when he heard a knocking on the door.

"Cade! You up?" it was Shado.

"Yeah!" he responded. "Be out in a second!"

He decided to put that crystal in his Lightsaber. He set his weapon on the work bench and got started...

Nihl stood in the bridge of his flag ship. He glared at the sight of Ossus.

"Lord Nihl!" his admiral said behind him. "I have a message from your master, Lord Krayt!"

He followed the admiral to the desk, and saw a holographic projection of his master standing on the desk.

"My master!" Nihl bowed.

"What is your current position, Nihl?"

"We're currently entering the Ossus system! Skywalker is there at the old praxeum!"

A pleased smile ran across Krayt's masked face.

"Position your fleet, Nihl! Send in additional troops! I shall send the other minions there, myself!" Krayt laughed. "This shall be the second Massacre..."

Bonty smiled. "Oh, I can't wait to have my payback on those Jedi scum! Hey, Nihl! I can go back on my ship, and lead you guys to where they might be. And I'm gonna set a surprise for my slave girl."

He took out his Lightwhip. "A very special surprise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyna gets up from her bed, and yarns. "What a nightmare," she thought to herself. Would it become reality? She hoped not. After Lyna changed, she went to the dining hall, and ate her breakfast, silently. She looked around. "Cade must still be in his room. Better not distrub him."

Before sunrise, Ganner was out of the temple, staring at the stars like he did daily. He then spotted something unusual about the stars, one moving slightly faster and triangle shaped. Must be an asteroid or something not to worry about. Curiously he focused his force to his eyes and could see a little farther and clearer. Some sort of Flagship. But whose?

He grabbed his comlink and called Cade, "Hey there's a flagship in the sector. I'm going to take a better look in a starfighter."

He ran into the hangar and jumped into his orange decaled jedi starfighter and made his way out of the hangar and towards the sky. He soon left the gravity of the planet and turned his engines off and started coasting towards the unidentified flagship.

Shaking her head, confused, Lyna answered, "I... I dunno. Let me check." She typed in words to identify the flagship. Suddenly, they saw the picture of it on the screen.

"Empire flagship. But... what are they doing here?" She reached into the Force to know who owned the ship. Lyna shot her eyes opened, and gasped. "It's not an Imperial flagship, that's for sure. I sense... a Sith on it."

A hologram appeared in front of him of Lyna, "Ganner? What's going on? You saw something?"

"Yes a flagship of somekind. I'm going to go get a better look if not find whose in control of it." Ganner replied as he watched the space around him for any other spacecraft.

"It's not an Imperial flagship, that's for sure. I sense... a Sith on it." Lyna said.

"Well, if its a sith, he has the Empire backing him, cause there's a fleet of Tie's coming straight towards me. Looking like there isn't going to be any negotiation. Oh and I might need a little help. That would be nice." Ganner pulled a hard right seeing if the Ties were after him. To his surprise they weren't. But kept going straight towards the planet surface.

"Guys I think they know where the temple is because they ignored me and are headed straight for you guys. No wait some are coming after me now."

He makes a turn around and heads straight for the Ties. He fires a few and misses the Ties. Ganner pulls up a little and flies over them then making a sharp turn ending up behind them. He gets closer and fires at one of them trying to pull away from Ganner. Ganner pulls the trigger and blue energy blasts fly towards the unlucky TIE, hitting in between the wing and cockpit, blowing the wing off sending everything twisting through the air.

Lyna gasped. "Ganner's in trouble, Cade! And there's a bunch of TIE fighters coming towards the temple!" She runs out to the entrance, and looks up into the sky with her macrobinoculars.

There, she could see the TIE fighters, heading this way. "Oh no," Lyna whispers. Cyan runs by her side and squeals. "Cyan, no! Go hide somewhere, okay?" As Lyna ran to warn the others, Cyan stands by herself, and whimpers. The little binjinphant wasn't going to let none of her friends die.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bonty walks to his ship. "Okay, Nihl. I'm gonna head to my ship, and show you where Skywalker's at. Oh, and by the way..." He rubs his Lightwhip, smiling. "I'll deal with my slave girl."

Archived