Main character?

ame

Main character of KOTOR 3?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Main character of KOTOR 3?

• Jedi Exile
    • Revan
    • Somebody else (explain?)

Who do you want to be the main main character of KOTOR 3? Like, the one you're playing for most of the time even if there happen to be two or more who get to be in control a lot. Personally I'm rooting for the Exile to make a return as the main character. Seems like KOTOR 2 was setting us up for that.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New character. A padawan learner about to be become a jedi knight. You can't be Revan or exile again, because that would mean the character lost their force powers and had to begin over AGAIN!! And frankly, they were stretching that formula even in TSL. So it has to be someone who really does not have hordes of experience that he or she conveniently forgot all about.

^^

If the main character is to be human and son or daughter of anyone, then it should be the offspring of Saul Karath, I think. Heck, the offspring of anyone but Revan, Bastila, and/or exile. ANYTHING but that! That would have a rather nausea-factor on my scale, I fear...

Revan or Exile. I'd prefer the new game to be tied as closely as possible to the old characters, and frankly having another all-powerful Force-user who could defeat the true Sith would be kind of tacky. IMO we don't need another hero who comes out of nowhere to save the galaxy. Leave it to the characters who are already deeply tied into the plot.

I don't think they'd have to start out at level 1 again, though. NWN's HotU had your character start at level 18 (or higher, depending on how many you gained in SoU). The gameplay was actually quite balanced, since it started you off against rakshasa and experienced drow soldiers rather than kobolds or goblins. With how powerful the true Sith are supposed to be, I think they could be a challenge for a 20th level Revan or Exile.

Uh, I'd just like to play as a new character. Even though you may find it a bit repetitive for a new hero to rise from level 1 and beat the sith, I find it way more appealing than beginning at level 20, while having all force powers / saber forms / whatever, as it takes out the progressive element from the game, which is, imo, the most enoyable feature of the KOTOR series. A character with a background similar to Mical's would fit nicely, I think.

It's mostly just wishful thinking, with the Exile. And you still have a long way to go, assuming level 20, with a 50 cap like in TSL. Where you're going doesn't seem like a place to find many friends, so it'd probably be the Exile alone until Revan comes along or the droids and Bao-Dur (guessing games!) catch up with you. Revan seems more like a "guest" character, though, who just does his own thing and joins up with you every once in a while when it suits him.

New character. Revan and the Exile are far too powerful. Playing powerful characters from the beginning is a no-no in Rpgs.

Besides, how on earth are common side quests supposed to be challenging if you're Revan/Exile? Are the mercenaries and soldiers in Kotor III now uber powerful too?

^ As with most others I would prefer a brand new character : ofcourse I wouldn't mind bumping into Revan and the Exile and his crew .

I would even prefer the character to be none-force sensative . Something more like Han Solo or a type of Bounty Hunter :p

Place enough in your party for Jedi and or Sith .

Revan or Exile. I'd prefer the new game to be tied as closely as possible to the old characters, and frankly having another all-powerful Force-user who could defeat the true Sith would be kind of tacky. IMO we don't need another hero who comes out of nowhere to save the galaxy. Leave it to the characters who are already deeply tied into the plot.

I don't think they'd have to start out at level 1 again, though. NWN's HotU had your character start at level 18 (or higher, depending on how many you gained in SoU). The gameplay was actually quite balanced, since it started you off against rakshasa and experienced drow soldiers rather than kobolds or goblins. With how powerful the true Sith are supposed to be, I think they could be a challenge for a 20th level Revan or Exile.

[Offtopic]

Actually the pre-generated characters in HotU were 15th level. If you imported a character from SoU or the OC the level would not matter.

[/Offtopic]

Actually I agree with you on having yet a third powerful Jedi coming out of no where to save the galaxy. One of the nice things about the Dark Force - Jedi knight Series was the use one character for most of the games. However it is a lot easier to get away with this in a FPS then in a PRG.

Logically, if they're in the game, they'll have to be your main character. Otherwise, you're creating two or three characters at startup, and that would sort of damage the plot twists as you knew you'd eventually find Revan and The Exile, unless they put Revan back in his old outfit, which is unlikely.

I'd like KotoR 3's protagonist to be a completely new Jedi, not someone who's previously been a Jedi and is just relearning how to do the old dance. Have it open around your Knight trials or something like that.

Logically, if they're in the game, they'll have to be your main character. Otherwise, you're creating two or three characters at startup, and that would sort of damage the plot twists as you knew you'd eventually find Revan and The Exile, unless they put Revan back in his old outfit, which is unlikely.

There would be no reason to have to create Revan and the Exile. In TSL, you could pick Revan's gender and alignment through dialogue, so why not have the same here except with the Exile as well? As far as messing up what your characters from the previous games looked like, it would be pretty simple. Just have Revan be back in his old robes, and the Exile have his own set of robes along with a mask.

Weasel, you were able to do it that simply because Revan never made an appearance in the flesh, the few times he actually showed up he was decked out in his robes. If he becomes a party member in the next game, you're going to be able to remove those clothes, unless he gets the Vader Treatment and can't take them off.

Weasel, you were able to do it that simply because Revan never made an appearance in the flesh, the few times he actually showed up he was decked out in his robes. If he becomes a party member in the next game, you're going to be able to remove those clothes, unless he gets the Vader Treatment and can't take them off.

But who's to say that they join the party? Revan and the Exile are practically invaluable to some extent in the plot, so they must be in the game. Should they be the main characters, letting you switch between them, or party members? No to both. Each of us has established who and what our Revans and Exiles are, and they would be far too powerful, especially if they were used as the main character. I mean, what other excuse can Obsidian (or whoever develops K3) come up with to say that one or both of them has "lost" their powers again?

So I still say the best and most logical option is to have them in the game, and have them as very valuable members of the plot with plenty of screen time. Heck, even give them both a voice for each of their possible appearances (female or male). And as I said, an easy way to give the fan's some satisfaction at not having their Revan or Exile's appearance completely changed is to have each of them be wearing a full set of robes and a mask.

Archived